Notices
Regional - Lonestar OK, TX

Gotta Speak The Truth

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 02:53 AM
SL Member

Default Gotta Speak The Truth

Okay, so I've made attempts to have get togethers but no one responds for sh*t. So I'd thought I'd make an attempt to try & find TSE Houston & they say that they hang around north of Houston. Yeah Ok. I went everywhere from the airport, to Humble, Woodlands, the North side, Greenspoint, Willowbrook etc. You name it, everywhere, you know for a club who tries to build camaderie in the Scion community, I must say it is embarrasing & ridiculous. Because, all I'm trying to is meet the Scion family & like I said it's embarrasing. While I was stationed in Virginia near DC, Scion Evolution would host get togethers as far as bowling, to dinner @ Hooter's, cruise to the beach, Dave N Busters, etc you know "camaderie". But over here its f*ckin ridiculous & I'm born & raised from Houston. And I know you guys try to see me to do get togethers & don't act like ya'll don't see my posts. So, I just wanna say good job Houston. I see that people post events that are a like a journey away. Like I said, all I'm trying to is meet the Scion community. Is that too much to ask?

ps I bet I'll get responses on this thread.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i know what you mean..
Old 08-27-2009, 03:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

any one who says "yall" is def from texas, sometimes i feel the same way
Old 08-27-2009, 03:57 PM
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member

Sorry to hear your dissappointment, Believe it or not we had no representation down here in deep south texas for a long time so we just uped and formed our own team. Houston is a big area so i'm sure those teams get together at some point. keep lookin out they'll find ya soon.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:07 PM
JCP
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Sorry to hear that TSE Houston is not showing you love. Our TSE Miami groups are one of the best. As soon as I joined I felt welcome and a part of the team. I’ve been with them for over 8 months. I hope that TSE Houston can put and effort forward to meet and welcome new members. TSE Miami even has cards that are placed on Scion windows letting them know of out meets Mondays and Wednesday. Hope that you find your stop to chill Dogg.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:43 PM
UV7
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I'm really sorry that you've had no luck with the Scion community in Houston!
I hate to say it, because there are some great people in TSE, but you may have picked the wrong Scion club in Houston to try to get something going. I'm not saying this to bash on TSE, but this is why TSE Houston dwindled down to only a handful of members.
NO PARTICIPATION!!! NO INCLUSION!!!
I know this may get some nasty responses, but it's the truth.
Those of us that did try to put things together just felt like we were looked down upon as though we weren't a part of the club. The group of us that tried to stay active even stretched out to start our own TSE Tomball Chapter, but that just helped to widen the gap between "them" and "us", which was never the intention.
Ultimately, the vast majority of the TSE members left the club. Interestingly enough, the North Houston Scikotics chapter (Whose 1-year anniversary of inception just happens to be today! WOOHOO!)was just beginning and the majority of the former TSE members decided to switch.
North Houston (and Scikotics, in general) welcomed each and every one of us with open arms. The entire club is VERY active and North Houston is no exception. Our member count is nearing 50 and the chapter is ALWAYS doing something. We roll deep to just about every event. We have Friday and Saturday hang-outs almost every weekend. We have install days at one another's houses to help each other out with anything needed. We've even had a Couple's Night Out at Main Event.
Most of the members do not frequent ScionLife very often, so your attempts to put something together on these forums were not ignored, but were probably never seen.
My point is, don't give up! There are tons of active Scion owners who are looking for the same thing you are!
Just FYI...
North Houston Scikotics is having its chapter monthly meeting this Saturday evening. We will also be doing a group photoshoot that evening, so we should have a good turnout of members. Anyone interested in hanging out with other Scion owners is more than welcome to come! Just shoot me a PM and I'll give you the details.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:54 PM
Hix
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I didn't think there were any Houston Scion teams...
Old 08-27-2009, 08:37 PM
UV7
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by Hix
I didn't think there were any Houston Scion teams...
Houston has a few.
Scikotics has two, a Houston and North Houston chapter, and TeamScionEyed has one.

You have a VERY nice looking tC, by the way! ...would love to see it in person.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:59 PM
Hix
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by UV7
Houston has a few.
Scikotics has two, a Houston and North Houston chapter, and TeamScionEyed has one.

You have a VERY nice looking tC, by the way! ...would love to see it in person.
Gonna boost it and change the front bumper before I even think about taking this badboy to shows. There is some other f@cktard in Houston with a car painted like mine selling his piece of **** on eg@y. I have to change the bumper now... Always looking for a club though. I do all the work myself and have a massive barn to do work in. We had a two post lift but it broke so i'm just down to the air compressor, press, pneumatic tools, and stuff like that to work with. If anyone in Katy needs a place to work on their car hit me up, I am really good with trannys for a non-professional.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice im out in katy... need to rip apart the tranny again to the rsx -s
Old 08-28-2009, 11:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by UV7
We have install days at one another's houses to help each other out with anything needed.
A lot of which are held at my house in my garage when I'm in the U.S. (half the year)... why? Because I'm off half the year

I suppose I can post on here when the next one will be (after September 17th).
Old 08-28-2009, 01:07 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

Scikotics is a nationwide free car club. One of our N. Houston members lives in Katy. You oughta check us out sometime!
Old 08-28-2009, 01:56 PM
UV7
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by Hix
Gonna boost it and change the front bumper before I even think about taking this badboy to shows. There is some other f@cktard in Houston with a car painted like mine selling his piece of **** on eg@y. I have to change the bumper now... Always looking for a club though. I do all the work myself and have a massive barn to do work in. We had a two post lift but it broke so i'm just down to the air compressor, press, pneumatic tools, and stuff like that to work with. If anyone in Katy needs a place to work on their car hit me up, I am really good with trannys for a non-professional.
A few of us work out towards Katy/I-10 area and we do have a member that lives in the Katy area.
You're more than welcome to come hang out with us any time and give Scikotics a shot. Shoot me a PM if you're interested and I'll let you know the next "where and when".
N. H. Scikotics has some boosted tCs (see FantasticG above), tCs with so many LEDs that they've been mistaken for low flying UFOs (see Scionlover above), tCs with lambo doors and A/V setups that would make a home theater store jealous, xBs with enough audio to melt your brain, airbags, custom paint, body kits, custom fiberglass work, etc., etc.. Pretty much everyone in the club has done much of their own work, so we've definitely got a wide variety of skills to help out with anything you could think of.
Old 08-30-2009, 12:16 PM
j0n
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

so how come u didnt use the sticky wit the lone star moderators an clubs topic at the top? if u would of used it i bet u would of got alot more info than u actually found. an probly a few phone numbers too. also use houston-imports for import meets u can find us at..... i dont even think we hang out on the northside of town... most of us TSE members are sw,east, an SE. we hardly use scion life if we do its just a quick glance..... we still do meets an hang outs.. even out of town carshows since hardly any htown scions actually go too...
Old 08-31-2009, 02:13 AM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Originally Posted by TheFantasticG
A lot of which are held at my house in my garage when I'm in the U.S. (half the year)... why? Because I'm off half the year

I suppose I can post on here when the next one will be (after September 17th).
word... i enjoy the install days...though it seems that less and less have shown up when i go...maybe i smell funny...lmao
Old 09-08-2009, 10:11 PM

Im down, i've been lookin for stuff around houston, as many scion ppl there are in houston we could have HUGE get togethers
Old 09-09-2009, 11:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Team ScionEyed
SL Member

I hate to say but our jobs have alot to do with us not rolling out as much... and to be real most of our Team TSE are parents for the 1st time and dont roll out like we use to... most of us are over 27... hahaha (Im going to get killed for the ages LOL) and we have been here since 2004 so we coasting now....