Old 02-03-2006, 09:56 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Go for it Lupe.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:46 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

DAM NIT DAM NIT DAM NIT DAM NIT DAM NIT DAM NIT DAM NIT DAM NIT DAM NIT DAM NIT DAM NIT DAM NIT DAM NIT DAM NIT DAM NIT DAM NIT DAM NIT DAM NIT DAM NIT DAM NIT DAM NIT DAM NIT DAM NIT DAM NIT DAM NIT DAM NIT DAM NIT DAM NIT DAM NIT DAM NIT DAM NIT DAM NIT DAM NIT DAM NIT DAM NIT DAM NIT DAM NIT DAM NIT DAM NIT DAM NIT DAM NIT DAM NIT DAM NIT DAM NIT DAM NIT

freakin B@$+a®d!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAHHHH!!!!!!!!

i knew things were going too good for me i just knew it...............

freakin B@$+a®d!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-03-2006, 11:35 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

what happened lupe? looks like your having a breakdown per your post.... : ?
Old 02-03-2006, 11:38 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

breakdown confirmed...........

let me go shoot something for a sec and I'll get back to ya, k?
Old 02-03-2006, 11:40 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

: ( breakdowns suck big time!

what happened? is there something wrong with your plan to purchase those nice rims?
Old 02-04-2006, 12:37 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

ok, way back in november of '04 I got in a little fender bender with my truck and an Altima.
insurance takes car of it.

about 3(!) months ago the guy driving the Altima sues MY DAD for medical bills that he supposedly got from injurys due to the accident..

when it happened we were not even going fast (30mph tops) and the damage to my truck at that time where not even noticable unless I told you.

not realizing that he is sueing the wrong person he goes on with the case.

just today my dad gets papers that say that he has realized that he is sueing the wrong person and has amended the thing to be sueing me instead but I have not gotten anything saying that he is sueing me yet.....

this is crap because:
1. he didn't go to a doctor until months after the accident and any treatment that he needed were not kept up with on a proper basis.
2. (this is the one) THE STATUE OF LIMITATIONS HAS LEGALLY EXPIRIED! and the last thing they told my dad is that they may let him go ahead with the case! but now I am supposed to get a lawyer or something. I have no idea what I am supposed to do! its all to damn much to try and abfreakinsorb right freakin now.
Old 02-04-2006, 02:51 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

dude, that's BS! get a good lawyer and rip him a new one, then countersuit him for your legal expenses, time away from work (lost wages), get a doctor to say the whole thing is giving you nightmares and causing stress, then throw that on top...you should get enough to mod your tC and mine...
Old 02-04-2006, 03:20 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

BS.

That is what you have insurance for, tell him to go talk to your insurance company.
If he insists on sueing you uck him, get your insurance involved.
The ins companys have more and better liars, i mean lawyers, that this fool will ever get. don't worry about it turn over all info to your insurance co. they will drag the suit on for 5 years, just so the other party's legal expenses are more that it's worth.
Been there , Done that!!
Old 02-04-2006, 03:29 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

im confused about it all.
everything so far HAS been using the insurance company
but....
I am no longer using the same insurance company as my parents.
I was in their policy when the accident happened, but now I am on my own insurance, am i going to my insurance people, or is this still a thing that my parents insurance can take car of?
Old 02-04-2006, 03:37 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

You go to your dads ins.co. That is who is responsible. Does not matter that you are not still using them, it thier liabilty.
the reason that this fool is sueing is because the ins. told him where to go. Make them do it again..
Also it may never come about ,cause his liar(Lawyer) can not make any money off of a teenager, it also looks bad.
They tried to get your dad thinking he was the person, and he has money.

Always remember you can't get money from someone that does not have any.
Were you a minor back then?
Old 02-04-2006, 03:42 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

I was 19 at the time
Old 02-04-2006, 03:50 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Lupe,
get some sleep throw this out of your mind!!
Old 02-04-2006, 03:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Mike is right. The insurance company you had at the time is responsible for taking care of this, up to policy limits -- which is probably at least 10,000 or more. You don't need to be involved at all -- the insurance company handles it. The only thing you might have to do is give a deposition. Don't worry.

On paper it does look like they are suing you , personally, because you are named in the suit. But ulitmately the insurance company highers and pays for the lawyers and everything -- you do nothing.
Old 02-04-2006, 03:37 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

he is sueing for more than the insurance is willing to pay him if he wins........
Old 02-04-2006, 03:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

That's when you turn around and sue your insurance company for Bad Faith -- really! If there is enough evidence that they would win in court, the insurance company should have settled. (Lots of lawyers take Bad Faith cases on contingency -- they don't get paid unless they win.)

Don't worry. If it goes to court it will be years from now. Insurance companies are notorious for settling at the last minute.

Don't let this get you down.
Old 02-04-2006, 03:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

actually lupe same thing happend to me....when i was 19 the lady waited a year before filing a suite against me for "pain and suffering" the accident happend like sept of 03 and she filed in like aug of 04. apprently the statues of limiates is like 2 years is wat a lawyer told me...and apprently its only like that here in tx..everywhere else its only like a year and 3 months. but your ins should take care of it if he's requesting mroe then 10gs i doubt a judge would allow it and more then lilky the ins will settle with him.
Old 02-04-2006, 03:51 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

they have also aparently been trying to settle. and the lawyer said that the limit has already expired. but te judge may still let him through anyway
Old 02-04-2006, 04:48 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Lupe,
I had an accident when I was young, I broke 17 bones, not my fault.
My liar sued them for $4 million dollars, they told me that thats how you do it. they said you will never get anything near that , they were correct. all I got after hosiptal and liars fees was $200.000. $500,000.00 was his max. It also took 6 years to settle. As i Said you can not get any money from someone that doesn't have any. This is what ins is for.
Old 02-05-2006, 02:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Listen to them Lupe, they (Mike, Petey, and Jaquetta) are telling you the truth.

Just relax, when you get served turn it over to insurance nd let them run with it. That's why you pay those outrageous premiums.
Old 02-05-2006, 04:12 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

yea, i had a pretty long talk with chad about it last night. and I let my dad know about some things this morning. He didn't know that the guy couldn't sue us directly either. and i bet he is gonna have a talk with the insurance people again on monday.

I would talk to them myself but, seeing as I am no longer a customer with them, I have no reason not to be ____ed and that my not be the best at getting things done at this moment.

I also just found out that the insurance co. only gave him money to pay to fix his car. if he was really supposed to get injury monies, its still the insurance that was supposed to give it to him in the first place.

Quick Reply: I can't beleive it. Oh woes me!