Notices
Regional - Lonestar OK, TX

monthly meetings

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 03:47 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics

Default monthly meetings

well the scion expo turned out to be pretty good and a good turn out from our members in texas, okc , well then theres tulsa
we had 4 members.
tulsa sucks at when it comes to support and getting together.
i know people work or money situations come around.
nobody works more than i do.
scikotics dont seem to have enough meetings together from around the area.
i think we should have at least once a month meetings from texas, and oklahoma, and ne 1 else close by, so members can get to know members and we get more support from our members. and then people who say they are members but dont particiapte in anything we could exclude.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Crkrbox, are you aware that Tulsa is where the Scikotics originated. I've always felt that the support among that group of people has been stellar. I've never met anybody from Tulsa Scikotics that wasn't willing to lend a hand if at all possible. I'm sorry that the Scikotics isn't working for you, we don't want to alienate anyone. I personally thought that Exposed was truly an incredible event, much more so than just pretty good!! I hope that in the future we will be able to better meet your needs.

We have monthly business meetings in OKC. And we usually end up seeing the Tulsa guys sometime every month or every other month but never have an official meeting, it's just usually a meet.

I'm definately up for another meet with you guys!!! I never know when or where my job will take me and when I take off of work I lose hundreds and even thousands of dollars sometimes. I've tried to make as many events this summer as I could and have been broke most of the summer, so an every month deal might be excessive for me, but maybe every other month, at least during the winter months. I try to have Sundays off so that day usually works for me.

Everyone please post your position on having more meets but be VERY REALISTIC because this is what I have to go by when doing planning for events. Throughout this summer when we've had meets, many people could not even just get together and have a meal because they didn't have the money for the gas or food.

If anyone has any ideas on REALLY inexpensive things to do PLEASE POST THEM!!! Coming up with some of these ideas is a great way for you to contribute to your club. :D
Old 11-17-2005, 05:39 PM
5 Year Member
Scion Driven Girls
Scikotics
SL Member

Sorry to hear about the lack of support. There's a few of us that meet up weekly just to hang out and then we have our monthly meet. Money does become an issue sometimes so we all pitch in. Our meets are usually at someones house and we just all bring something.
I'd love to be able to go out of town to hang out with the rest of the members but like Trebor said we have to be realistic. OKC is a drive from here, maybe we should plan a big meet twice a year. The event was awesome but not enuff time to meet everyone.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

hey we are having a Nation Wide Scikotics Meet on June 17 2006. We are hoping that all of Scikotics members that can come will come. its posted on the top in a sticky. i figure that we can have one nation wide meet a year moving to different cities, but tx and ok can have meets more than that you just have to plan them in advance so we can organize it.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:13 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics

scikotics works for me
i love it and do what i can do to help.
but i do notice that as far as support we are there but what im trying to say is there is a lack in people getting together.
okc has a ton of people show up and looked like texas did as well.
but like other people say, no names, Tulsa sucks as far as members getting together and doing things together, the ones that do are few and the same people.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

We will work on the Tulsa group getting together more, looks like winter is here and that kinda suxs for getting together..with the vehicle anyway, this always happens around this time of year with all clubs, I have been a member of quite a few..this is the norm..
anyway...usually a spring picnic works for everybody..like at Chandler park or something like that.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:50 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Were not most clubs. Were more than a club were friends. Things are in the works. OKC will always meet and well always go to Tulsa. We love these guys. This is still a new club so give it time. I try to put more effort into making thinga happen than ____in and moanin about them not happening. We in OKC hang oout cause we like each other. Tulsa has been repin everytime Ive been up there. Anyway "Much Scikotic Love" and Ill see you guys soon!
"Born to Roll"
Old 11-17-2005, 10:10 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics

i know that i didn't show go to exsposed, but if at all posible i'm at every meet, the isue here might be that okc and texas has a lot of members, and while it may have looked like tulsa didn't represent they did from what i can see, i don't think there is an ishue with participation, but i could be wrong, i'm not in tulsa and i don't know all of the members. i know that everytime we (okc-tulsa) get together we all have a great time, even if it's just a couple people. i would hope that no one felt like there chapter was slacking, but it's good to bring it to people's attention,
like shannon said " Much scikotic love"
Old 11-17-2005, 11:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

This has been on my mind quite a bit lately. It's one of the reasons why I am looking at giving up the HMFIC of Tulsa title. I think this chapter needs an energy boost.

Jason is right when he talks about lack of involvement in Tulsa. We have like 6 members who show up to everything, but we have at least 30 "members" registered on the website. A good example is this: we had 10 people say they were driving to Exposed, 4 ended up going.

I also think some of this will change when we get the new site up. At that point everybody will have to re-register and they will have to give a bit more info than just name and email address. It should weed out some of the people who just cruised by and registered for the hell of it.

We'll get through it, I really don't see it being that big of a deal. But I think it would benefit us greatly if I concentrated on running the club as a whole and let someone else concentrate on running this chapter.
Old 11-18-2005, 02:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I'm sorry that i couldn't make it to exposed, please know i wanted to go more than anything. That being said, being broken down this past month has put a damper on me being at meetings. but i'm going to try my hardest to be at most of the meetings in the future. This club is amazing with it's members and just the general attitude it carries. I want you all to know that i took all my stickers off from my last club because in no way could they compare to scikotics. I am a scikotic for life. I know a lot of you in OKC are still getting a feel for me, and i know i am a ____ talker, but you gotta understand that where i come from, that's all people do is talk ____, so i mean i guess that's just me. But i still love this club!
Old 11-18-2005, 05:11 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

first off, Jon, you're crazy for even thinking about giving up the position. no one deserves it more than you! if you're having to pay more attention to the nation wide stuff and having trouble with running a chapter then guess what? Your VMFIC should step up and pick up the slack. Maybe that is why the OKC chapter is so successful. there are at least three people willing to put forth there efforts to make things happen. hell, I ended up having to host our last chapter meet cause Robert didn't think he could make it and Shannon was going to be extremely late. like you said in that e-mail you sent out. " Don't ask what the SCIKOTICS can do for you, ask what can you do for the SCIKOTICS!" we just need more people to be that passionate, once that happens then things will fall together. everyone just needs to work together on a chapter basis as well as a national basis. to all of you in this family, much SCIKOTIC love!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-18-2005, 09:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I agree with Roger..the "next in line" should step up..but..I also have been where Jon is now, kinda burned out with what is going on when you dont get alot of help from others, it takes alot of time to do what Jon is doing and help is needed, just some phone calls can help alot when you are trying to organize a show or just a dinner meet for everybody. Deligation is needed in any club that is to survive and we WILL survive !!
Toes might get stepped on if Jon does decide to step down, but it maybe good for the club, change is good in all aspects..all in all we are here to have fun and enjoy everyones company and general like of the Scions and other people.

ok I pass the soap box....
Old 11-18-2005, 09:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Jon spent HOURS starting scikotics. It wasn't such a big deal when he was off work because of his accident. Now he is working long hours. He has spent a lot of time with the website and sponsors. He realizes he hasn't put the time into Tulsa that needs to be there. He is in no way giving up or thinking this won't survive. He just sees that it the club as a whole has grown so huge that the person in charge of everything can't really run a local chapter.

You wanna know the truth? He just wants the title of OVERLORD. j/k

Love ya baby!!!
Old 11-18-2005, 09:45 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics

Default stepin down

personally i dont think jon should step down, he put this club together and look how far we have grown in such a short amount of time. i think jon has done a fine job.
im glad some people understand what i was trying to get out.
we have more people registered than we do members.
for those that normally show up it's nothing against you guys and we understand things happen and couldnt make it to exposed but the ones that are registered and dont take the time to get involved and show up to meets or a show that we were given notice about is what im talkin about. for the ones that did have problems though we had your backs in providing enough for you with our membersyou guys are takin care of.
i think we just need to make more plans on getting together and sprucing it up alittle and rather than someone stepping down have people step up, whom evers next in line.
jons got a huge club which may require acouple of people to take charge under him but not over him. we have 1 owner, we just need more people to manage.
dont ever give up jon, you do a fine job
Old 11-18-2005, 10:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I'm not giving upor leaving the club.
Not even close.

I just think it would be better for everyone involved if someone like Brad took over the Tulsa chapter so I could concentrate on running the club as whole.

Besides, Overlord has a nice ring to it.
Or, how about SHMFIC?
Or just "Your Assholiness"?
Old 11-18-2005, 10:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I have to agree with Jon. Running the club as a whole is what he needs to concentrate on. It is not fair to the Tulsa chapter or Jon to have to run both. Understanding that this club is huge, he still needs some family time. I could only imagine how much time it takes running the entire club and then throwing in a local chapter as well. Besides I think Overlord sounds better than HMFIC. Unless it was HMFIC of the World .
Old 11-19-2005, 02:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

LOL !! Lets see ya put that on a sticker on the back of the B !! LOL !!
Old 11-19-2005, 06:04 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics

well i hate to say it but my oppinion is that you (jon) may need to appoint someone to run the tulsa chapter and move your focus on organizing the efforts of the hmfic and vhmfic of different chapters, i think that you have done an awsome job of making this car club one of the finest in the world, but i do think that one man canot be responsible for that much; a local chapter, and a home life. just my opinion. I am not a mfic, but if there's slack i'll step in when asked,
Old 11-19-2005, 08:18 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I understand where Jon is coming from. I think this will all work out in the end, and the club will be stronger than ever.We have a similar issue in dfw. We will fix it though and it will be great for all involved.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:18 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Shoot if we have a problem similar to that in dallas chad know that you can always call me up to help plan or organize anything. I basically think Scion half of my waking thoughts, so putting those thoughts to a good use other than planning what to do once I get money would be nice. Let me know anytime y'all need help.

Quick Reply: monthly meetings