Notices
Regional - Lonestar OK, TX
View Poll Results: If you live near the OKC metro, will you join?
YES
66.67%
NO
33.33%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

NEW Oklahoma City area Scion club!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 07:28 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default NEW Oklahoma City area Scion club!!!

Hello all,

I wanted to guage interest again in my original idea of starting up a functional OKC Scion club. I know we have more than enough Scions in the area to start a great chapter however we need to get the word out there as not many owners know about this website. The kid from Fowler could really help us promote this site to all his customers as well and maybe even getting them to be our official sponsor. It would be great to get all us enthusiasts together to share ideas, help work on our cars, and go to shows together.

Reply to this thread with what type of Scion you have and where you are located if you are interested in getting this going. Thanks. Steven
Old 04-07-2005, 09:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Are you planning a chapter or an all new club?

We got our club website (still not done) sponsored by Jim Norton Toyota. So it is definately doable.
Old 04-08-2005, 07:26 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well originally last year we planned an all new club, it may be better to do a chapter and have statewide support. It would be awesome if we could start a SE chapter here
Old 04-09-2005, 03:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Nice you hear from you again steve!
Yeah, I'll definately support it...Im pretty busy during this time of year but I'll do anything I can...once summer rolls around I should have alot more free time.

I am the tall, scrawny kid with the grey xA. I lowered it and have gunmetal motegi mr-7 wheels, and TRD exhaust coming soon!
I live in Yukon
Old 04-09-2005, 05:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey this is a lil off topic but is there anywhere in Ok city where they sell CF hoods for a tc???
Old 04-09-2005, 02:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I really doubt that you could find one locally. I'm not for sure, but I think you'd have to order one online and have it shipped to you, but the shipping for hoods can be quite expensive, about 80 to 100 bucks
You might want to check the "sponsored sales" section for hoods, you could get a discount for being a ScionLife member
Hope this helps some
Old 04-09-2005, 06:25 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Try:
Nu Concept 917-7333
Trizone Motorsports 359-1898
Sport Image 720-9899

If those don't have one in stock, I can get my cousin at AutoTrendz on southside to get you one.
Old 04-09-2005, 06:28 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, I remember who you are Midget. I've posted spuratically lately, the last week or two I've been on a bunch and hopefully will continue to, especially when school is out in two or three weeks. I'm getting that spring itch to work on my car now the weather is nice. I got DVD now and a few other custom projects. If you havent done the DIY cabin air filter it is a MUST !!, we can all do it as a group if nothing else. Spread the word about the club
Old 04-09-2005, 11:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i'm that kid from fowler...and if you guys get something organized let me know.

i'm not officially an owner so i have not tried to start one. if you are serious about it though PM and we'll go from there.

i don't have access to customer lists from other dealerships so its hard to gauge how many owners are in the metro. i've got about 200 out and i think i'm the biggest volume. so i think there's about 450-500 other owners out there. i wonder if its possible to get that information at the dmv still?
Old 04-11-2005, 04:21 AM
5 Year Member

If Fowler Toyota or any of it's employee's has anything to do with any scion club or gathering I'd stay away from it!!!!!!!!!!! The worst car buing experience is to be found there!!!! Make sure you specifiy That you don't want your new scion with a wheel upgrade to look ridiculous with the wrong size tires mounted on them!!! Take your bussiness to Dub Richardson Toyota, You will actually get what the scion web site shows for upgrade parts! Without a big fight from the dealership that actually went all the way up to the general manager of the dealership. The whole buying experience was this way,not just the tire ordeal. Patrick.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:07 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by patrick
If Fowler Toyota or any of it's employee's has anything to do with any scion club or gathering I'd stay away from it!!!!!!!!!!! The worst car buing experience is to be found there!!!! Make sure you specifiy That you don't want your new scion with a wheel upgrade to look ridiculous with the wrong size tires mounted on them!!! Take your bussiness to Dub Richardson Toyota, You will actually get what the scion web site shows for upgrade parts! Without a big fight from the dealership that actually went all the way up to the general manager of the dealership. The whole buying experience was this way,not just the tire ordeal. Patrick.
I just had to chime in and say I had a great experience buying mine from Hudiburg Toyota. I got exactly what I wanted and my dealer calls me to chat with me to see how I'm doing and when I go by there he runs out to talk with me.

And yeah, I'm all for supporting a local club or chapter ^_^
Old 04-11-2005, 04:11 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Glad to see you guys are interested. Im dead serious about starting an OKC club. I just need to build a database of who is interested. Im not sure if we want a dealer sponsor, personally I bought mine at Bob Howard, but I went on the poker run and actually won, with the kid from Fowler, I think Jason??????? was his name. Anyhow, after we start the club we can determine this option of getting a dealer sponsor at a later date. I was merely meaning he is really supportive and could get the word out to owners for us.
Old 04-11-2005, 05:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by DeadStars
Originally Posted by patrick
I just had to chime in and say I had a great experience buying mine from Hudiburg Toyota. I got exactly what I wanted and my dealer calls me to chat with me to see how I'm doing and when I go by there he runs out to talk with me.

And yeah, I'm all for supporting a local club or chapter ^_^

I guess the Buying Experience is different for everybody..........I had nothing but trouble with Hudiburg.

As far as getting together it sounds like something I'd be interested in.......but I just found out we got orders to Florida so for the rest of the time I'm here(4 or 5 months) I wouldn't mind getting together with you guys.....If it's cool with you.
Old 04-11-2005, 06:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey wait a second buddy. We did everything we could to accomodate you and ended up providing you with new tires that cost us money on a technicality. The tires that you were original given were the tires that were sent to us from GST. And it went up to my GM not because it was a big deal, but because he is the only one that decides when we shell out money.

If you look at the Scion website on the wheel option it has an asterisk that says pricing for California only. The tires that you were original given are the same ones everyone else has been given by our distriutor as they are the same size that fit the xA/xB. So because our website didn't specify what size you got we bought you new ones. And you get on here and flame my dealership? I'm trying to bite my lip and be professional about this, but its clear here that some customers are clearly impossible to make happy and LIE, not only to us but to members on this board. I recall you speaking with Henry Siegler, my customer relations manager and you two agreeing that this was your ONLY complaint and would therefor not flame us on a survey if we took care of the problem. So you get online and not only give half of the story but have clearly lied to my organization. This is worse than a bad survey, but at least I can get on here and fill in the rest of the story.

You claim so much dealer loyalty with Dubs but bought from us over them when you even had a deposit with them. Why? Oh yeah, they couldn't get you the car. Each time I spoke with you on the phone I was very curteous and explained exactly what was going on with your vehicle. I could tell on the phone that you clearly had a personality conflict with your salesman, and I tried to take over as much of it as allowed and you got your car on time. You were cordial in return, but I turn around and get shanked in the damn back because Dubs was willing to break Scion covenant and sell you a set of wheels for 100 less than what is an official posted price just to take me out of the deal.

Thinking back now I don't even think it was that you didn't get along with Ronnie, but that you were upset with us because you couldn't buy the car from Dub Richardson, and therefore there was nothing we could do to make you happy. But still the only real problem you had was a minor one and was resolved.
Old 04-11-2005, 08:45 PM
5 Year Member

The real problem these days is that "most" consumers are more informed on the products that they are buying than the people selling them. In "my" opinion this was the case with my buying experience, I knew more than my sales person did about the car I was buying and what "SIZE" tires where supposed to come on the wheel and what "BRAND" regardless of what "PRICING" was quoted on the "OFFICIAL" Scion website for the state of CA. My argument was never about the price of the tire only the size. UNTIL...... You didn't bother to tell everybody how you were going to charge me $130.00 for exchanging 215/35/18" that was put on the car for 225/40/18" that were supposed to come on the wheel. In fact the wholesale price on the 225's are $5.00 less than the 215's, so where's the $130.00 difference? And furthermore it was going to cost me $250.00 more from "YOUR" dealership for the Pirelli tires.

It was only after I wanted the stock 17" wheels and tires put back on my car and my $1565.00 refunded to me so that I could purchase the same 18" wheel and the correct size Pirelli tire from a different dealers parts department and keep my stock 17'' wheels and tires, that "YOUR" dealership decided to put the right size tire on the wheel for me. In the end I got the wheel and "SIZE" tire I wanted, not the brand I prefered but that was my choice. I'd rather not drive around for a week on rubberbands stretched over my wheels and take the risk of bending one on these fine Oklahoma roads. And as for future buying I'll know where not to go. Furthermore, Dub couldn't get the car because Fowler jacked it out from underneath them, when Fowler didn't have the deposit and they did. In retrospect I wish I would have waited the 3 or 4 weeks it would have taken them to get the car.

P.S. Fowler has still not changed their website to state tire size for this specific wheel like they said they would to "avoid this kind of misunderstanding in the future". Buyer beware. I simply stated that I would not be involved in any event put together by Fowler or it's employees. I never named names. Sorry to have jacked the thread. If you have anything further to say itimebomb you can pm me.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Old 04-11-2005, 09:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No I won't PM you about this as you have made it a public issue to complain and badmouth us.

Our website never stated that we provided the 225/40s that you assumed you were entitled too. We've always installed the 215/35s as that is what our distribtor sends us. Its the same tire as on the TRD upgrades we sold for the xA/B. I have advertised in my showroom $1835 for the wheels and PIRELLI tires, for the 1565 we don't put Pirelli's on there. They cost too much.

You couldn't get a refund because you financed them in. Whatever bank you went through loaned you the money through us. So there's no check to cut back to you for it. You wanted more tires that we don't normally provide which in the end you ended up getting for free just for complaining enough about it. Not to mention that but we didn't even install them ourselves we let you go to a third party store nearest you so you didn'thave to wait or drive down to us. That is unappreciated customer service.

Furthermore the day this mess started a separate wheel option was added to my accessory menu with the tire size listed. Again, as listed in my showroom I don't put Pirelli tires on those rims for $1565, its $1835.

Furtherfurthermore, we didn't jack anything. This is one of those things where the consumer thinks he knows how its run and doesn't. The car was part of our inventory. It was in my allocation. It was my car to sell, not theirs. Its no ones fault they couldn't get one just like it as soon as mine came in.

Furtherfurtherfurthermore, they (Dubs) only offered you that deal on the wheels was to A) get back at us for selling you the car, and or B) get rid of something they had in stock.

The end result was still in the end we did everything you asked for to make you happy and you are still _____ing about us. A problem which has never arisen previously as I've never encountered a customer that "thought" he deserved something different with his car. We caved. For the misunderstanding we paid someone else to get you what you "wanted" AQAP and you still complain about us.

I'm done.

If you want to PM me you are more than welcome to but any slur that comes out here in the forums about my dealership will be addressed publicly.

EDIT: Just so we're transparent, and to stay competitive with prices, if you want 225/40/18 pirellis, its 1665. Non pirelli tires are 1565. Its like that on my site.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by itimebomb
Furtherfurtherfurthermore
Old 04-11-2005, 10:21 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Hmm,

I just read through this thread thinking about how cool it would be to have a Scion club here in OKC, and then all this ruckus breaks out about someones experience with a dealership.

For what it's worth, I bought my Scion (ok, it's actually my wife's, he he he) at Fowler Scion, and my experience has been nothing but fantastic. Not just with "the Scion guy", but everyone else too - from the managers, to the finance folks, to the parts and service dept as well. Nothing but professional service all the way.

To get this thread back on track, I would love to be involved with a Scion club here in the Metro, no matter who sponsors it, if anyone. I've seen more than enough folks driving around with Scions, but only 5 voted they would be interested in some sort of club. Hopefully the word gets out, and more people take an interest...
Old 04-12-2005, 12:05 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Great to have you Paulie, I will be scheduling a meet for the end of the month sometime, in the meantime, spread the word. To offer support though, I only started this thread about 4-5 days ago so its fairly new, plus many owners arent aware of this site. Stay in touch. If you two are going to flame, please do so in another thread or through PM

Quick Reply: NEW Oklahoma City area Scion club!!!