Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 12:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by FrankenScion
Originally Posted by HighlanderMac
Can anyone even tell me what scikotics is about? I am sorry if this sounds blunt, or like I am an a$$hole, but honestly.. What makes scikotics different then being a part of this forum???

I am sure I am going to get nagged about this, and may even end up causing it to get locked, but oh well.. I really wanna know what the members think it is. I am trying to understand it.
The club does a lot more than just hang out on ScionLife, this just happens to be the most popular form of communication.

The club is about the people. It'sabout getting together with people who share the same interests as you and having fun.

"The cars bring us together, the people keep us together."
Just avoid the drama. He wouldn't understand.
Old 02-28-2006, 01:46 PM
j0n
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

if i was just a n0ob readint this i would say y make another team within a team to favor those who have already modded out rides.? y not just help each other out to achive the same goal an not be seperate from each other... its like insulting another member saying im a ''lowlife'' an your just scikotics? i think it would split up some members opinions an just go from there. to me scikotics is a nation wide club for scions of all sorts an kinds... if your going to do another club i say use a different name for your elite members only but than u will have 2 different names on the back or side..... i would ask stylewagons how to do this since they are an elite club an some of there guys are part of scikotics.,,, just my 2 cents..... an i dont know how it became a scikotic topic lol the guy was like lets make a competion club ... an i was thinkin it was going to be another scion club out there.....
Old 02-28-2006, 01:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by whatmovesu
Originally Posted by FrankenScion
Originally Posted by HighlanderMac
Can anyone even tell me what scikotics is about? I am sorry if this sounds blunt, or like I am an a$$hole, but honestly.. What makes scikotics different then being a part of this forum???

I am sure I am going to get nagged about this, and may even end up causing it to get locked, but oh well.. I really wanna know what the members think it is. I am trying to understand it.
The club does a lot more than just hang out on ScionLife, this just happens to be the most popular form of communication.

The club is about the people. It'sabout getting together with people who share the same interests as you and having fun.

"The cars bring us together, the people keep us together."
Just avoid the drama. He wouldn't understand.

Woah there buddy. As I said in the beginning.. I am not trying to stat anything, just trying to figure it out.
As for you saying that I wouldnt understand. I have been the president of a car club. The only reason I am not still active in it is because I moved here to TX.
What happened to the club that I was the President of? Well, this is what I am trying to help you guys avoid. We were a club that was basically the same.. Brought together by cars, and kept together by the people. Not everyone of the people ing the club was into modifying cars. Some of the people ended up almost breaking the club up beause they didnt have the same goals for the club.
I am just saying that, by starting this club within the club could really hurt you guys by creating two different views within the same club.
If you want the club to be about the people, then make it about the people, if you want it about building car shows, then do that. Just dont try and mix them.

I hope you can understand what I am saying.
Think about it and you will get it.
Old 02-28-2006, 04:32 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I get what you are saying Mac. I say just let sleeping dogs lie. Although I do think it would be good if there was a scion show team of sorts that would go to the shows and tak on teams like 16Niss, Maybe as a Scion Show Team we could drum up some sponsors on our own and help get the enteries and hotels paid for. I do think it should be seperate from any of the clubs, unless if it were done in a club, the peeps that were in it were people that didnt think they were better than anyone else and if anything had a servants attitude in helping the other club memebers get their rides to the next level. But again in my personal opinion, I would like to see Scion team start to be able to take on Teams such as 16 Niss and also be able to relate to their home clubs.
Old 02-28-2006, 04:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree with you man, but unfortunately that is not going to happen. If someone puts soo much work into their car, they are going to usually feel like they deserve more.. Just hope it all works out.
Old 02-28-2006, 07:58 PM
j0n
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

i see the point wit scionpilot about keeping it different and i see how keeping it away from your home club. to make it another team that can get sponsers on there own an to take on other teams but it has some flaws that would make the guys home team kinda look at him like hes gettin more by doing this wit this team than wit his original team itself... an i think it would break up some freindships... but to my perspective making a whole new team ? would it be nation wide like some scion teams now? or would it just be in tx? i mean if it stays in tx good but to make it nationwide? would take a drastic change for others to do the same an drop the teams they are currently in to get more sponsers too?.... it would be cool to see some tricked out box's an hatchs go to nation wide events an take on other car teams not just scions but it would be to another level... but oh well who knows if this will ever come its just talk for now... an opinions.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
SL Member

ok i want to know this? whats wrong with having a all TC Club and be a sister club to another one.. like SW.. or scikotics... why not try that...... ive seen some pimped..out TC's just cause your a TC doesnt mean you have to join Scikotics.. be original and start your own....... club that is

by the way this is not to DISS SCIKOTICS what so ever... just helping peeps get an original idea.. Scikotics are great but would be nice to see an all TC club REP for once...... that would be sweet....

Stevonewstc is that what you are getting at if not ill shut up now.. but i think that would be pimp... all with the same ideas and enthusiasim as everyone else.. kinds like Stylewagons.. its kinda nice rolloing around with your crew and everyone noticing all the cars and not just the modded ones.. catch my drift.....

GOOD LUCK......

and if you start a all TC club i nominate TREVOR for PRES..........lol
Old 02-28-2006, 09:28 PM
j0n
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

lol i havnt seen an all tC team yet but ive noticed a few htown peeps doing that. which is good for the cars to get reconized. but i noticed u said rollin around with your crew and everyone noticing all the cars isnt that what we all do now? i mean i know i roll wit scions an we still get noticed even if im riddin on stock steelies lol... but soon enough ill be PIMPIN just watch out an wait.. cause i got a few tricks up my sleeve.....
Old 02-28-2006, 09:34 PM
5 Year Member
Scion Driven Girls
Scikotics
SL Member

Good luck with your ideas guys. Most of our scikotic memberw here in houston are doing a good job with their cars just about everyone has mods and we don't have a problem with the ones who don't. We don't just hang out we compete in every car show we can make. To each its own.
Old 03-01-2006, 03:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i hat eto sound rude but this is starting to gt way off subject...
lets jump back on it.. what im wondering is if anyone in this area dfw and surrounding area wants to start a team to just go together to shows that all. we would still compete against each other but still have that ultimate friendshiip like a club has(but not a club, a TEAM) I went to scion guys car show and saw everyone there that knew each other so i figured if i could get a crew together we would just roll together to car shows and MAYBE take home best CREW. Thats all its more likeyou and your friends going to a car show together, no matter what you are going to compete with each but everyone sees the bond rather than the wins thats what i saw at the car show(like the 3 TC) people talked about them I want to be talked about!and to answer your question pooty yes and no i would like for it to be xb xa tc but if its just tc then fine. I just want a crew so we can roll up to the car all pimped and have those new or old people say i wish i had that or i want to be apart of that. I personally dont want to be linked up with any club, just rep. the crew but i willl also supprt the club but i just need fellow scion owners to go with to shows. I think i like the idea of team fusion. If anyone is up for this just let me know, if not i guess i will continue alone thanks.
Old 03-01-2006, 03:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh and you dont need to be modified just an owner
Old 03-01-2006, 03:15 AM
j0n
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

i dont think it got off topic but yea i can see where your coming from. an as far as team or crew to roll wit... i mean if u own a scion your welcome everywhere in the scion community as family... u can roll with anyone up there by the way they stand out its just unique to see so many of the same cars all together. if your lookin for a group to hang out wit an to roll with either way your going to use there name or your own. an if u do it on your own good luck with everything an find other guys/girls in your area that have the same intrests in scions . talk with the dealers around for some help an sponsership to get the word out. an hit up the local import scene because i know alot of tC's are more into the scene than the box's are.... but no matter which way u go you'll always get looked at when u hit the shows up an roll through wit everyone u come with. just be creative an come up with somthing that u never seen an u like. be different an stand out so they look at your car an say damn i wish i thought of that... thats how u get more people intrestin in u an what your all about. good luck
Old 03-01-2006, 03:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by stevosnewtc
i hat eto sound rude but this is starting to gt way off subject...
lets jump back on it.. what im wondering is if anyone in this area dfw and surrounding area wants to start a team to just go together to shows that all. we would still compete against each other but still have that ultimate friendshiip like a club has(but not a club, a TEAM) I went to scion guys car show and saw everyone there that knew each other so i figured if i could get a crew together we would just roll together to car shows and MAYBE take home best CREW. Thats all its more likeyou and your friends going to a car show together, no matter what you are going to compete with each but everyone sees the bond rather than the wins thats what i saw at the car show(like the 3 TC) people talked about them I want to be talked about!and to answer your question pooty yes and no i would like for it to be xb xa tc but if its just tc then fine. I just want a crew so we can roll up to the car all pimped and have those new or old people say i wish i had that or i want to be apart of that. I personally dont want to be linked up with any club, just rep. the crew but i willl also supprt the club but i just need fellow scion owners to go with to shows. I think i like the idea of team fusion. If anyone is up for this just let me know, if not i guess i will continue alone thanks.
But we already do this. We roll to shows together and we generally win best crew at every show that awards it.

I'm not sure what you are saying is any different than what we already do, we just do more on top of it.
Old 03-01-2006, 03:18 AM
j0n
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

lol i think its confusing to some... lol if your going to make another team to compete with i say involve every one not just scion owners an open it up to other imports an cars....
Old 03-01-2006, 03:19 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I personally dont want to be linked up with any club, just rep. the crew but i willl also supprt the club but i just need fellow scion owners to go with to shows.
Okay, now I am a little confused. You said you wanted to join the club and do a side team for competition purposes. Now you say you don't want to be in a club,but you will also support the club. I don't see how you can do this. We (as a club) already compete for best crew and have won a few big shows. We already cruise to shows together and rep our club. I guess I don't understand fully what you want or what you are trying to achieve.
Old 03-01-2006, 03:21 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The top line was supposed to be a copy of stevos post.
Old 03-01-2006, 03:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i didnt say i didnt want to be part of the club it just became misleading earlier in the post about making a special show team on the side of scikotics, dont get me wrong about the club i just mainly wanted a group of fellow owners to roll with since there is none down here and again im not downing the club i just wanted a group. the thing i was sayiing about net being linked up with the club is about the car shows i just wanted to roll with the team bc i didn't know that yall did the best crew awards thats all that im saying but i guess its just a lost cause thanks for the feedback sorry if offended people see you at future shows
Old 03-01-2006, 11:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

You didn't offend anybody that I know od. we were just trying to understand what you were getting at.

Wait until the shows start picking up, it will be fun. :D
Old 03-01-2006, 02:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What if you're not in scikotics?
Old 03-01-2006, 02:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
SL Member

ok well then riddle me this what the difference in a crew, a club, and a team, its all the freakin same you all have the same objective.....

and by the way, this is not really off topic we just dont understand what you are trying to do... first you wanted to start a TEAM then you wanted to be incorporated with SCIKOTICS now you want a crew with, all the models in, isnt that a club....hhhhmmm well if you will clarify yourself a little better maybe it wont look to you as off topic cause i know i dont understand what your talking bout and by the replys and you saying this is off topic then they dont understand what you are trying to do either.....

so please let us know what in the world your trying to do...... thanks

Quick Reply: A new scion team