Notices
Regional - Lonestar OK, TX

Reputable Wheel Repair/Powdercoat shop in Houston

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 01:21 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Exclamation Reputable Wheel Repair/Powdercoat shop in Houston

Yo guys, I recently got my hands on some old school 18" SSR HP AGLE wheels. I was looking to have them restored/repolished but the cost is outrageous and they can't duplicate the same finish the wheels had (galvanized chrome lip) unless I fork out some major cash. As such, I already got estimates from ROLOS, SABS, etc. and figured if I'm going to just have the lip repolished on 3 of 4 wheels I might as well just powder coat them. BTW, they are 3 piece wheels..... Can anybody point a homie in the right direction?

Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance....

Last edited by winston_sztaravich; 12-10-2012 at 01:24 AM.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:14 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

130 views and nobody has any suggestions?

Alright, well I'm going to take the initiative and find a shop in my area then. If all goes well, I'll post pics and a review of the shop I end up going to. Wish me luck.....
Old 11-29-2012, 04:02 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

These guys are awesome.

http://www.tiradocustomcoatings.com/services.html
Old 12-10-2012, 01:19 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thumbs up Wheels America

Alright guys, after researching several shops and googling my way through half a dozen sites I came across the folks at Wheels America. Yes that's right Wheels America. I did not manage to get these wheels powder coated because they explained to me that they wouldn't be able to oven bake the center caps and face itself was chrome (not recommended on chrome finishes). Regardless, I decided to have the lips refinished so I got a quote from the associate there and this is what it boiled down to.

$129.00 a wheel to have cracks, bends, chips repaired. Lip repolish is also included.

$129.00 a wheel to powder coat. ONLY colors available: White, Black, Hyper Silver, Aluminum.

They will disassemble 3 piece wheels upon request and reassemble. NO EXTRA CHARGE, meaning that it is included in the labor.

$20.00 tire removal fee/remount a tire.
$6.00 tire disposal fee if requested.

A plus, a big plus is that they will GUARANTEE their work.

I don't know about their turnaround time because I left the wheels with them over the Thanksgiving break so I can't give you a work order time frame but I was told that depending on the work it'll usually take between 1-5 business days.

After picking up my wheels and thoroughly inspecting them I got to say that I was very impressed with the end result. The price was a little steep but knowing that they backed up their work with a guarantee and they offered to disassemble my wheels at no extra cost was the selling point for me.

I hope the initial review will help any of you guys/gals looking to get any future work done. I know I could of used a little help when I was trying to get this done so I'm only adding this review to give you the heads up about what's out there.
Attached Thumbnails Reputable Wheel Repair/Powdercoat shop in Houston-12-3ba7401d-479218-960.jpg   Reputable Wheel Repair/Powdercoat shop in Houston-12-8c511d9d-497979-960.jpg  
Old 12-10-2012, 09:46 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Very nice.. I met a guy that had them on a 2010 Camry V6 had the exact same wheels.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:50 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah it's a small world..... I think it's the same guy who sold me these wheels. He was a pretty stand up guy. The wheels were in way worse shape than I had anticipated when I first saw them but you don't this style wheel anymore.