Notices
Regional - Lonestar OK, TX

Scion club in the RGV/ South Texas area!! woot woot!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 05:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

I dont think our roads are that bad, but depends on which road you drive. I drive like normally but just cautiously. I have some tein coilovers, prolly the stiffest coil made for the tc.. it isnt that bad.. as for lip kits, ramps and entrance could be your problem sometimes..

parts i order like 95% of the time online, simple stuff can be found on local autozone, oreilys, pepboys and others. Depends on what you are looking at
Old 09-21-2009, 09:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOL, I guess I'm saying they suck do to the fact that lately anywhere you go there seems to be construction. Thanks for the info though. Hopefully i can drop my car soon.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:31 PM
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member

Originally Posted by biggie624
Hey guys, hows the heat down south? its alot better in houston.. i would like to join.. i might be moving to brownsville in few months.. but till then ill be down there one a month every month.. what y'all say ready to take this houstonion on?
HOUSTON....... Hell yeah we be more than happy to have you join our FAM!! check us out online, sign up and we can get you more info. teamroninscion.ning.com / http://roninscion.com /http://myspace.com/roninscion. hope to hear from you.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:45 PM
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member

Originally Posted by areyes5321
i just have a couple of questions that i was hoping you guys could answer. 1) as you guys know the roads down here in the valley suck and i was wondering if any of you guys are running DF210s . i really wanna get them along with the TRD 18"x 7.5" 5 spoke but not at the expense of my lip kit. are you guys always having to drive 2mph on half the streets or is it not that bad. 2) do you guys get your mods from a valley store or do you guys order all your parts online. i know there are alot or reputible websites that deliver quality parts cause they're always promoting sites in every single forum. but if i can i would love just to be able to pick up, install and go. i know theres KMP but alot of people tell me they're expensive. anyways thats all for now if you guys could just answer those for me i would be grateful.
I agree with Ace a lot of stuff i order online, our local auto parts store carry a lot of simple car maintinance stuff.

I have to say as far as going 2 mph in certain areas of the valley yes you do. if you stick to the main roads not that bad. I live i n mission and there are some streets that the dips in the intersections are murder. then some the tracks are pretty bumpy. you just gotta pick and choose your route of travel. McAllen roads are well maintained, Mission 50/50, Weslaco dunno, Harlingen 50/50, Brownsville i lived there for a bit and it's OK till you start drivin thru some of the nieghbrhoods.

KMP I honestly say was NOT impressed, we have one our guys who goes there every so often and thay treat him real nice but i think because he is a radio personality (The Hitman) but other than that I hear Texas Wheels do very good work.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks a lot recka, i know the roads aren't that bad but now that i have my Xa im just trying to remember which roads are death cause when i had my contour i really didnt care. ill also have to pass by texas wheels to see what they have. thanks alot bro
Old 09-22-2009, 06:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

texas wheels i can say do some good job on suspension, I have my first lowering springs done their then my coilovers. A lot of my friends got their suspension done there Si, evo, 350zs, is350 w/ pretty decent price
Old 09-23-2009, 08:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey guys, first i just want to say got great it is that i FINALLY found scion owners from the valley on SL. i just have a couple of questions that i was hoping you guys could answer. 1) as you guys know the roads down here in the valley suck and i was wondering if any of you guys are running DF210s . i really wanna get them along with the TRD 18"x 7.5" 5 spoke but not at the expense of my lip kit. are you guys always having to drive 2mph on half the streets or is it not that bad. 2) do you guys get your mods from a valley store or do you guys order all your parts online. i know there are alot or reputible websites that deliver quality parts cause they're always promoting sites in every single forum. but if i can i would love just to be able to pick up, install and go. i know theres KMP but alot of people tell me they're expensive. anyways thats all for now if you guys could just answer those for me i would be grateful.

100% of my parts are from either ebay or a site that is now dead...however dezod motorspots is really good site id rec. it
Old 09-23-2009, 09:22 PM
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member

Dezod i must say after doing some research and reading some reviews seem to have the turbo kits complete setup, no missing parts. basicly all your speed needs can be handled thru dezod
Old 09-24-2009, 04:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by metalranger33
100% of my parts are from either ebay or a site that is now dead...however dezod motorspots is really good site id rec. it
thanks alot man i will look into that site. ive been looking for alot of sites here and there that are reliable and trust worthy. i dont wanna have to deal with the headaches of bad customer service.

Originally Posted by Ace83
texas wheels i can say do some good job on suspension, I have my first lowering springs done their then my coilovers. A lot of my friends got their suspension done there Si, evo, 350zs, is350 w/ pretty decent price
i really wanna swing by this place to see what they have and thank you so very much for the 411 on them, but as far as anyone installing my parts for me if and when i order them is a BIG no for me. i LOVE working on my cars and learning how to do new things. scard up knuckels and oil in my blood, those are my badges...lol. i would never let anyone take that from me.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

^^ yup me too, sometimes though I need to take it to someone if i dont have the tools or time to do it.. cant afford to have too much downtime on a daily driver
Old 09-25-2009, 09:09 PM
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member

The meet last nite was cool. hope everyone who attended enjoyed themselves.
Old 09-26-2009, 08:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Driven Girls
SL Member

hey ya'll.... im from brownsville... i live in houston. but i go out to brownsville pretty often... maybe next time i'm in town i can meet up with ya'll somewhere.
Old 09-27-2009, 01:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member

hey guys, first i just want to say got great it is that i FINALLY found scion owners from the valley on SL. i just have a couple of questions that i was hoping you guys could answer. 1) as you guys know the roads down here in the valley suck and i was wondering if any of you guys are running DF210s . i really wanna get them along with the TRD 18"x 7.5" 5 spoke but not at the expense of my lip kit. are you guys always having to drive 2mph on half the streets or is it not that bad. 2) do you guys get your mods from a valley store or do you guys order all your parts online. i know there are alot or reputible websites that deliver quality parts cause they're always promoting sites in every single forum. but if i can i would love just to be able to pick up, install and go. i know theres KMP but alot of people tell me they're expensive. anyways thats all for now if you guys could just answer those for me i would be grateful.

ok first of all holy crap! haha i leave this thread for a few days and it just exploded! Glad to see all these scion enthusiasts in and from the valley that we didnt know before.

And areyes as far as the streets go, it COMPLETELY depends on where you're driving, I'm not even lowered but there are certain places that when i'm heading to them i have to take a longer route simply because of how bad the streets are. Edinburg streets in my opinion are the WORST. but as recka said mission is so bad that i'd say it's a close second lol.

Fortunately the stimulus package is resulting in a lot of repaving, but as far as i've heard the only serious work being done is in McAllen and Harlingen. From what I understand most of the other valley cities are so far only using the extra money for social programs, increasing funding for police force/firefighter force, and tourism boosters (although you'd think they'd want the streets to be better for the tourists no?)

But hopefully they'll start doing some more work in these other cities/towns.

As far as ur 2nd question, it would depend on what kind of part you're talking about bro? Engine mods id say everyone we know goes online. But things like rims, wheels, audio/video, you can find some pretty dang good deals around the valley, even if they might be a little limited as far as variety. For example:TC autoworks does some of the most badass paint jobs i've ever seen. D-tronics does some sick sub boxes and interior work.
Classic trim does a great job with seat upholstery and dash and headliner stuff and they're starting to delve into sub boxes and other stuff too.

I know its a long post lol, but i hope it helps.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member

Originally Posted by X_Box
hey ya'll.... im from brownsville... i live in houston. but i go out to brownsville pretty often... maybe next time i'm in town i can meet up with ya'll somewhere.

Hell yeah man, just let us know when you're coming down!
Old 09-28-2009, 04:20 AM
Ronin Scion
SL Member

hey man whats up i have tanabe df210's there pretty sweet there not to stiff imo i really dont have a problem driving down here with them and thats cuz i also have a lip kit so that dropped me even lower the only thing is that i have trouble going up drive ways and coming back down them lol... but thats pretty much it and for your second ? i order every thing online i install some of my stuff my self like the springs but if i dont do it my self i will go to texas wheels they do good jobs and the labor prices is very reasonable ( dont go to kmp they over charge lol)
Old 09-28-2009, 03:19 PM
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member

Originally Posted by X_Box
Hell yeah hit us up on our website teamroninscion.ning.com / roninscion.com. or myspace.com/roninscion. we try to get together thursday nights in mcallen but we really need to get saturday or sunday gatherings together. hope to see ya or hear from you soon
Old 09-28-2009, 03:20 PM
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member

yo areyes; do you have a transformer decal on your ride?
Old 09-28-2009, 07:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by recka808
yo areyes; do you have a transformer decal on your ride?
Nope. No stickers, No rims, Nada. My ride is clean and stock except for the piece of s**t tint job i did my self...
Old 09-28-2009, 07:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by djfreeflow
ok first of all holy crap! haha i leave this thread for a few days and it just exploded! Glad to see all these scion enthusiasts in and from the valley that we didnt know before.

And areyes as far as the streets go, it COMPLETELY depends on where you're driving, I'm not even lowered but there are certain places that when i'm heading to them i have to take a longer route simply because of how bad the streets are. Edinburg streets in my opinion are the WORST. but as recka said mission is so bad that i'd say it's a close second lol.

Fortunately the stimulus package is resulting in a lot of repaving, but as far as i've heard the only serious work being done is in McAllen and Harlingen. From what I understand most of the other valley cities are so far only using the extra money for social programs, increasing funding for police force/firefighter force, and tourism boosters (although you'd think they'd want the streets to be better for the tourists no?)

But hopefully they'll start doing some more work in these other cities/towns.

As far as ur 2nd question, it would depend on what kind of part you're talking about bro? Engine mods id say everyone we know goes online. But things like rims, wheels, audio/video, you can find some pretty dang good deals around the valley, even if they might be a little limited as far as variety. For example:TC autoworks does some of the most badass paint jobs i've ever seen. D-tronics does some sick sub boxes and interior work.
Classic trim does a great job with seat upholstery and dash and headliner stuff and they're starting to delve into sub boxes and other stuff too.

I know its a long post lol, but i hope it helps.
Originally Posted by ksrturbo
hey man whats up i have tanabe df210's there pretty sweet there not to stiff imo i really dont have a problem driving down here with them and thats cuz i also have a lip kit so that dropped me even lower the only thing is that i have trouble going up drive ways and coming back down them lol... but thats pretty much it and for your second ? i order every thing online i install some of my stuff my self like the springs but if i dont do it my self i will go to texas wheels they do good jobs and the labor prices is very reasonable ( dont go to kmp they over charge lol)

hey guys thanks a lot for all the info on shops and such in the valley and all the info on where you guys get your parts, its gonna come in real handy when i start adding mods.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:56 PM
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member

Nope. No stickers, No rims, Nada. My ride is clean and stock except for the piece of s**t tint job i did my self...
did the same crap on my last box, put red tint but didn't measure correctly. Should had doneat the pulga

Quick Reply: Scion club in the RGV/ South Texas area!! woot woot!