Notices
Regional - Lonestar OK, TX

Scion Fun Day at Tejas Scion March 25th!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 02:34 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default After party

I can ask the guy that owns the drive-in if we can get an individual rates as well. I was trying to keep it simple so that we didnt have 2 or 3 prices rolling around.

as for a more adult after party we can deffinetly do that if thats what people want the problem is that the shows over at 4 or so and most of the clubs in the area arent big enough to handle our crowd. and Im not sure how much fun a club would be at 4:30 in the afternoon. the only reason I suggested the drive-in is because it's open to all ages.
Old 03-22-2006, 03:16 AM
Banned

Default Re: After party

Originally Posted by weavergarry
I can ask the guy that owns the drive-in if we can get an individual rates as well. I was trying to keep it simple so that we didnt have 2 or 3 prices rolling around.

as for a more adult after party we can deffinetly do that if thats what people want the problem is that the shows over at 4 or so and most of the clubs in the area arent big enough to handle our crowd. and Im not sure how much fun a club would be at 4:30 in the afternoon. the only reason I suggested the drive-in is because it's open to all ages.
True, true. Movie would work and then drank time but maybe have 2 rates. 1 for single car riders and 1 multi rider cars or something. I dunno im sure everything will be worked out.
Old 03-22-2006, 03:21 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

That sounds like a good idea. I have kids and they would enjoy going there. It is too far for me to bring them all the way home for a couple of beers. And it would be too early to go to a bar
Old 03-22-2006, 04:05 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

as promised, well be there before opening =D
Old 03-22-2006, 05:23 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default All ideas are welcome

If the movies start at 7 the latest you would roll out would be 9:30 still plenty of time to go get your drink on and make an evening of it so anyone that wanted to could lets say go to the drive-in and then say hit sherlock's with the older crowd while any of the younger crowd that may not be able to get into a bar or people with kids could still hang with the group for as long as possible. Remember we are trying to do something that everyone can participate in. If any of you that went to expo. in Houston then did the drive remember when we hit hush we lost alot of the group due to kid's and club conflict's.

I really want everyone to be able to be involved with any thing that we do so that no one gets excluded.

Just let me know what the majority wants and we will go forward.

Also did the drive up to the place its pretty much a straight shot up the freeway from the D' so it should be a safe route.
Old 03-22-2006, 07:15 AM
Banned

If the movie starts at 7 and the show ends at 4 what to do in between is the question.
Old 03-22-2006, 02:59 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default In Between

The show should be over around 4:00 but by the time we got organized for the drive
and actually got to the place and got settled in, I think at the most there would be
a 1 1/2hr. to a 2hr. downtime before the picture starts. Plus once we get to the place and everyone knew where it was instead of going straight in and parking you could swing up the road a little bit and get something to eat or drink at some of the local buisnesses. The only problem with this is that people start getting to this place around 5:30 to 6:00 to get good parking spots so if you split out to say run to mc'donalds by the time you got back you may not have a parking spot.

That's why I wanted the owners of the place to open up early for our group so that we could all get the best parking spots and we could kind of stay together as a group.
Old 03-22-2006, 08:22 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Star lite Theater's

Ok on one Screen There will be a double feature Shaggy Dog and Eight below.
These shows will run back to back so two movies for the price of one if you want to hang out for a double feature you can or if you want to hang for one you can and then head out for drinks or whatever this is the family screen so anyone with kids may want to hang for both movies.

Screen Two will be playing The Hills Have Eyes this is a single feature. This is for the older crowd

I thought they had three screens but I was informed that they only have two.

Sherlocks Pub in Humble should have enough space for an adult party for those without kids that are of legal age to get into a club 21 and up.

So Im thinking the older people can roll to the drive-in watch a movie then hit sherlocks pub lets say around 9:30 or so.

Then for anyone with kids, or those not old enough to get into a club, or anyone that dosen't drink, or people that dont do the club scene, can hang with the group that stays for the double feature.

Reviewed pricing with the Drive-In Owner and this is what we have worked out.
$6.00 -- 13 and up
$5.00 -- 13 and under
$18.00 -- Maximum Charge per car this means if ya got 20 people in yo xA the most you will pay is $18.00 for your car load.
Old 03-22-2006, 08:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Star lite Theater's

Originally Posted by weavergarry
Ok on one Screen There will be a double feature Shaggy Dog and Eight below.
These shows will run back to back so two movies for the price of one if you want to hang out for a double feature you can or if you want to hang for one you can and then head out for drinks or whatever this is the family screen so anyone with kids may want to hang for both movies.

Screen Two will be playing The Hills Have Eyes this is a single feature. This is for the older crowd

I thought they had three screens but I was informed that they only have two.

Sherlocks Pub in Humble should have enough space for an adult party for those without kids that are of legal age to get into a club 21 and up.

So Im thinking the older people can roll to the drive-in watch a movie then hit sherlocks pub lets say around 9:30 or so.

Then for anyone with kids, or those not old enough to get into a club, or anyone that dosen't drink, or people that dont do the club scene, can hang with the group that stays for the double feature.

Reviewed pricing with the Drive-In Owner and this is what we have worked out.
$6.00 -- 13 and up
$5.00 -- 13 and under
$18.00 -- Maximum Charge per car this means if ya got 20 people in yo xA the most you will pay is $18.00 for your car load.
hmmm anyone up to the challenge of putting 20people in an xA?
Old 03-22-2006, 08:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

It isn't an 18 and over club? That sucks. Just put a stamp on my hand saying I'm too young.
Old 03-22-2006, 08:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no sherlocks wont even let you in if your under 21.
Old 03-23-2006, 12:16 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Sherlocks is pretty strict about there age policy's

Short of sitting in the parking lot and watching your bud's cars while there inside getting tanked if your under 21 sherlocks and pretty much any club in the Humble area are off limits.

But maybe the young guys and gals in the crowd that decide to forgo movie #2 can
earn some extra duckets watching the cars of all the old farts.

Don't Drnk and Drive
Seatbelts and Designated Drivers save lives.

Anyways I need a yes or no on the drive-in Deal from as many as possible as soon as possible.

The owner of the place is a really nice guy and I dont want him to spend out a bunch of money on extra help. Also he is going to open the place early for us so I dont want the guy to have to get there extra early to let us in and then we not show.
He has asked me to let him know by tommorow afternoon so he can get prepared for us.
General attendance is all were asking for if something comes up we understand.

So if you could it's pretty simple yes or no and I'll let him know.
Old 03-23-2006, 12:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no sorry garry i have my bday party. but is this place open all the time??
Old 03-23-2006, 04:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ahhhhhh........I still got one more year to turn 21. Well the best thing I can do is to be pactient. I hope you get a really good bday Pete! Will see you there.
Old 03-23-2006, 04:07 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default No not all the time

The drive-in is closed mon.-wed.
Old 03-23-2006, 04:20 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Yes or No

Don't forget I need as many yes or no responses by tommorow afternoon so that I can get the Drive-In deal secured if thats what ya'll want to do. Remember I am trying to get this thing finalized tommorow. This is our last ditch effort on a scion drive so if your down to roll let me know. I'm open to other ideas but I'm kinda of running out of time.
Old 03-23-2006, 04:24 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey im down for annnnyhing after that damn show, im gonna be so pumped up, i already am
Old 03-23-2006, 05:29 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Pumped Up

At least now I know that I ain't the only one pumped about this show.
So it looks like the Drive-in so far has two saying yes and one no from the b-day boy.
Not counting me of course. I am a yes so I guess that make 3 yes and 1 B-day no.
Old 03-23-2006, 10:36 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

fricken peter better be up for something after that show. the birthday sex can wait till the end of the night. after that showwwww idk its up to peter lol
Old 03-23-2006, 02:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by crazy_kat_matt
fricken peter better be up for something after that show. the birthday sex can wait till the end of the night. after that showwwww idk its up to peter lol

Quick Reply: Scion Fun Day at Tejas Scion March 25th!