Notices
Regional - Lonestar: DFW Metro Dallas / Fort Worth Metroplitan Area

DFW ROLLCALL

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 01:03 AM

the tiger is from Houston? guess the sales guy at V-griff fed me a line of B.S. then.. oh well..
Old 11-06-2007, 01:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by Matt724
the tiger is from Houston? guess the sales guy at V-griff fed me a line of B.S. then.. oh well..
Who was your sales guy???
Old 11-06-2007, 01:10 AM

derek somebody and k.c. somebody... both black guys
Old 11-06-2007, 01:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

You got P.M.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:16 AM

sorry.. meant that for pm
Old 11-06-2007, 01:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

this button up top should be blinking red indicating you have a Private Message.
Old 12-06-2007, 03:39 PM
5 Year Member

Default hi ned

I've been trying to find your ___! How are you doing?
Old 04-08-2008, 03:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default Just moved to DFW

I am here. Ready to do some car shows!
:D
Old 05-25-2008, 03:58 AM
JCC
Scikotics
SL Member

Default Jeremy from Sachse checking in

Jeremy out of Sachse here. I saw the Teleporter commercial for the tC and thought it was such a sharp looking car. Bought a 2005 tC from Scion of Dallas after test driving one at Sport City Scion. Nothing against Sport City. They were really nice there. I just happened to stop by Scion of Dallas and got to know some of the staff. Got the funds for a down payment and got the car. Went with an automatic Flint Mica with the Release Series 1.0 Enkei 18" wheels because they matched the car so nicely. Later got the TRD exhaust, installed a K&N cold air intake myself as well as the TYC taillights with some help from the wife. Had the windows tinted the day after I bought the car. Went to Scion Exposed at the Texas Motor Speedway on November 13, 2005. Wish I would have entered my car in the show. Probably wouldn't have won, but they had a "Wild" and then a "Mild" category. My car was stock enough that maybe I would have won the "Mild" category. Very few modifications, but I think it looked good. I think I only had the windows tinted and the TYC taillights at the time. Oh, well.

After driving the car for a while I started feeling like I should be more involved in the drive. I had never really driven a manual transmission before, but started getting the itch. Also, I really wanted the iPod direct connection that became available starting on the 2006 model tC as an the upgraded stereo. I had bought the 2006-2007 Pioneer upgraded stereo kit off of Ebay while . It was brand new in the box, but I found out that it would not match up with the 2005 wiring harness. This was another reason to possibly trade in for a newer model. I decided to trade in my 2005 tC for a 2006, but they only had 2007 models on the lot. I moved forward with that also in Flint Mica and had to swap my wheels, taillights and the TRD exhaust to the new car. I got the windows tinted quickly. I later added the TRD cold air intake (the K&N CAI did not fit the 2007, but I wanted TRD anyway). Also got the TRD oil cap and TRD radiator cap. Minor mods, I know. Basically taught myself to drive the car and was careful not to mess it up. Got some pointers from a coworker which was a big help. My wife and I just got back from Scion United in Boulder City Nevada. The event was great. See the Scion United forums on Scion Life for others' thoughts. 196 of 500 here!

If I had it all to do over again, I would have done the research on the features of the upcoming 2006 models and waited for that so I could have had the iPod connection right away. I also would have gone ahead with the manual transmission. I am bummed that the Scion Navigation does not work for my year model. 2008+ only from what I understand. The wiring harness again is the problem if my information is correct. I know I could go with something aftermarket, but I really like sticking with the stock upgrades because of a previous bad experience. Long story. Personal message me if you're interested.

Sorry for boring everyone. Just wanted to give my story!
Old 05-25-2008, 06:07 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

the SNS should plug in fine from looking at the install instructions online.
an 05 6-disk plugs in and works fine with the steering wheel controls in a 2006 tC
hell the new 2008 premium HU plugs in and works just like stock in an 04/05 xA! lol
Old 05-25-2008, 02:00 PM
JCC
Scikotics
SL Member

Maybe I need to ask Scion. I was asking my dealership accessories guy. Maybe he just wanted to sell me some crazy aftermarket. His first question was which stereo I had. Maybe some of the 2007 models have the older style Pioneer stereos and some have the newer one. I think the newer one has the single **** for volume control which is bigger and has the programmable LCD. I would really like to have the Scion Navigation in there instead if it is a direct swap. I just don't know who to talk to. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 05-25-2008, 04:10 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

it should plug in fine. the only thing you'd have to custom is if you wanna keep the radio cover, and thats just drilling new mounting holes to sit the HU farther back. cause with the SNS in the tc from the dealership they take out the door and mount the HU flush with the HVAC waterfall and put in a spacer to cover the extra hole.
and also make sure that your tapping into the right wires off of the ECU, the color coding on the instructions for the 08 may or may not match with the 05-06 but i think should be the same with the 07.

Scion isnt gonna tell you any clearer then the dealership
Old 05-25-2008, 08:36 PM
JCC
Scikotics
SL Member

I'd rather not lose the radio cover, but I guess its a trade off. If it will hook right up, I'd really like to do it. I haven't been able to find anything saying what models the Scion Navigation works with. I appreciate the help, I really do.

Looking at Ebay, there's a guy out of Houston with one for $1000 or $1100 Buy It Now with free shipping. He says there's another part you have to buy if you have a tC (P/N 08545-00930). Must be the spacer to replace the radio cover.
Old 05-25-2008, 09:13 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

yes, the extra fit kit for the tC is the spacer peice and the new bracket that moves the HU forward to sit flush.
Old 05-25-2008, 09:18 PM
JCC
Scikotics
SL Member

How does the price sound to you that the Ebay listing has? Sounds good to me. I need to be really sure it will work. When I upgraded to the stereo I have now, they charged me like $50 or $100 to swap it. I just don't feel like pulling the dash apart.
Old 05-25-2008, 10:48 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

that price is half of what your likely to find. pulling the dash out to install is easy enough and should plug in. paying for someone else to do is is gonna cost more if you wanna keep the door cause that install is gonna have to be custom.
http://www.scikotics.com/local/node/29
Old 05-25-2008, 11:56 PM
JCC
Scikotics
SL Member

Thanks. I'll check it out. You da man!
Old 03-10-2009, 05:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

im in Dfw!!! yuhhhhhhh
Old 03-10-2009, 06:53 PM
JCC
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by XTChad
im in Dfw!!! yuhhhhhhh
Are you new to Scion? Hope to see you around at some of the shows, etc. I'm excited about this show season. Hope to get some more things done to the tC this year.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

nahhh i got my car like a year and 1/2 ago... and i been watchin the forums since i got it, i just decided to register the other day, i stay in carrollton anyone out there near me, tell me whats uppp

Quick Reply: DFW ROLLCALL