Notices
Regional - Mid Atlantic DC, DE, MD, VA, WV

$99 Four Wheel Alignment Special at PTUNING.

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 06:06 PM

Default $99 Four Wheel Alignment Special at PTUNING.

For a limited time.
4-wheel alignment for $99* (reg. $125): Scion tC
2-wheel alignment for $75* (reg. $125): Scion xA, xB1, xB2

* Not applicable with other promotion or discount.

To schedule an appointment or if you have any further questions please:
- Call us at 703-257-1728
- Email us at services@ptuning.com
- PM

Thank you.

Old 07-03-2008, 07:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow... is this some special super alignment you guys do down there in VA? I'm seriously asking, b/c in my region (upstate NY), a 4 wheel alignment is like $60-$70.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:41 PM
Banned
Scikotics
SL Member

Haha...
Old 07-03-2008, 07:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm not even trying to be a dick... I'm just trying to find out if that's the usual price down there for something like that. Or if this is supposed to be some performance special alignment (race setup?).

It just seems really high...
Old 07-03-2008, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by ack154
I'm not even trying to be a dick... I'm just trying to find out if that's the usual price down there for something like that. Or if this is supposed to be some performance special alignment (race setup?).

It's actually a good question.

We specialized in lowered vehicles. In fact, our alignment rack is in-ground. This allows us to cater to car with clearance as low as 5". No driving up ramp.

Also, we not only adjust the toes, we also adjust cambers. Most local alignment shops do not deal with cars that have aftermarket springs/coilolvers, therefore, they only adjust toes (this is normally the easy part). In addtion, we will do our best to give you a "mirror" image of both size (ie. -2.0 camber LEFT and RIGHT).

If you bring in your alignment printout from another shop, we would be more than happy to show you why our alignment is different. We also cater to customers who need custom alignment for autox or racing.

If you only need toe adustments on your Scion, we would gladly do it for $60.

Regards,

Old 07-03-2008, 09:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for the explanation!
Old 07-03-2008, 09:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

For how long will you offer this ? =D
Old 07-04-2008, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by kanundrum
We will run this special til the end of the month.

Regards,

Old 07-07-2008, 05:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Some dealers will refuse to align a lowered car as its too low to get on the rack. Of course having someone who knows what the hell they are doing is well worth the extra bones. I dont want an alignment to be within tollerances, I want one dead on, not to mention a tech who can drive a stick shift.

FWIT, I think my local toy dealer charged me nearly 200 for it and shimming the rear to correct the rear toe in.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ptuningcom
We will run this special til the end of the month.

Regards,
I will have to take advantage of this when I get paid on the 15th.
Old 07-28-2008, 05:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
SL Member

yup. most places will say, it's in the green, thus it's within spec and send the car out, that's not how ptuning does allignments though its very different. (tire mounting is also depending on where you go)
Old 07-31-2008, 09:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

We specialized in lowered vehicles. In fact, our alignment rack is in-ground. This allows us to cater to car with clearance as low as 5". No driving up ramp.

Also, we not only adjust the toes, we also adjust cambers. Most local alignment shops do not deal with cars that have aftermarket springs/coilolvers, therefore, they only adjust toes (this is normally the easy part). In addtion, we will do our best to give you a "mirror" image of both size (ie. -2.0 camber LEFT and RIGHT).

If you bring in your alignment printout from another shop, we would be more than happy to show you why our alignment is different. We also cater to customers who need custom alignment for autox or racing.

Regards,
Thats great but its all in who you take it to. I have used several DEALERS (OMG! a dealer!) who have a tech who knows what theyre doing to align my xB. My car is dumped 4", runs 4 degrees of camber in the rear and 2.5 in the front. I have zero tire wear and I have paid $40 for 2 wheel alignment each time since you cant really adjust anything on the rear end of the xB.

Your service is a decent deal though, at least you can hopefully count on someone to not damage expensive aftermarket wheels and you don't have to "know" someone who works there to count on good results. I was nervous the first time I handed the keys over with my Works on the car.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BrianxB

Regards,
Thats great but its all in who you take it to. I have used several DEALERS (OMG! a dealer!) who have a tech who knows what theyre doing to align my xB. My car is dumped 4", runs 4 degrees of camber in the rear and 2.5 in the front. I have zero tire wear and I have paid $40 for 2 wheel alignment each time since you cant really adjust anything on the rear end of the xB.

Your service is a decent deal though, at least you can hopefully count on someone to not damage expensive aftermarket wheels and you don't have to "know" someone who works there to count on good results. I was nervous the first time I handed the keys over with my Works on the car.
Zero tire wear with -4.0% of camber
Old 08-01-2008, 02:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Thanks a lot Mike =D
Old 08-01-2008, 09:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Hi Mike
I know you wrote for a limited time, but could you PM me when the end will be nearing? I def. need an alignment but the later the better. Thanks,

C.
Old 08-02-2008, 02:55 AM

Thanks a lot Mike =D
Are you still doing the T/A event at Summit?

Old 08-02-2008, 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by tC4italy
Hi Mike
I know you wrote for a limited time, but could you PM me when the end will be nearing? I def. need an alignment but the later the better. Thanks,

C.
PM sent.
Thank you.

Regards,
Mike @ PTUNING

Old 08-02-2008, 03:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

^^ good info here, i knew this one is not an ordinary alignment thing.. i would do this if I were local.. most maintenance shops dont really pay attention on cars with aftermarket upgrades and will end up messing it up or scraping your lip and such
Old 08-02-2008, 04:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Thanks a lot Mike =D
Are you still doing the T/A event at Summit?
Unfortunately No. My Coilovers that i was arranging to get will not be in, in time. I cant fully take advantage of the time attack if i were to attend it. And my suspension is shot to HE!! lmaooo

o well another time for sure
Old 08-02-2008, 12:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by blown_xa
Originally Posted by BrianxB

Regards,

Zero tire wear with -4.0% of camber
Camber does not wear your tires prematurely. Incorrect toe settings do.

People will think their tires are wearing prematurely if they run extreme camber because the tire will wear on the inside faster than the outside. However, this wear will not be any faster than the whole tire wouldve normally worn so long as the toe and other specs are set accordingly.

Quick Reply: $99 Four Wheel Alignment Special at PTUNING.