Notices
Regional - Mid Atlantic DC, DE, MD, VA, WV

FS: TC Greddy Ti-c axle back Gaithersburg

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 10:07 PM
SL Member

Default FS: TC Greddy Ti-c axle back Gaithersburg

SOLD

Last edited by Mod-Bug; 07-27-2011 at 12:29 PM.
Old 07-16-2011, 12:12 AM
SL Member

Sorry I had to run my daughter to swimming practice and just forgot to add the photos earlier...duh!

Couple small scraps on bottom of muffler. No holes what so ever and purely cosmentic (though you can't see them when on the car). I bought it like this and had no problems with it.

Includes the extra mounting hanger (easy to see where it goes once under the car (unbolt a nut, put the bracket on, reinstall nut-that simple) and bolts. My buddy snapped the stock bolts so I went to Home Depot and bought new ones and washers. What you see in the photos is what you get!

Honestly, it is in great shape and really does sound good. Very deep and I really did not notice much rasp even at high rpms. Some but very little compared other systems out there. Quite loud honestly. Very surprised with the sound volume for it being an axle back. Seriously, it is pretty loud.
Attached Thumbnails FS: TC Greddy Ti-c axle back  Gaithersburg-dscn1719.jpg   FS: TC Greddy Ti-c axle back  Gaithersburg-dscn1720.jpg   FS: TC Greddy Ti-c axle back  Gaithersburg-dscn1721.jpg  
Old 07-16-2011, 01:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wonder if I could take this, flip it over and have a shop weld on new hangers and put it on my 2011
Old 07-16-2011, 02:31 AM
SL Member

I really have no idea if that would work or not.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you should put a silencer on it
Old 07-25-2011, 10:26 AM
SL Member

That would be a total waste imo. I mean, it doesn't make any power, and the silencer would pretty much kill all the sound. Rendering it as just a shiny muffler back there.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the purpose of removable silencer so when you ride with your wife you can put it on, but when you drive by yourself, you can take it off.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:28 PM
SL Member

Sold and shipped yesterday.

As far as the silencer. I don't think they were designed with disgruntaled spouses in mind. I think it was more of a way for the vendors to put something out that did not conform with state laws but provide a way for them to meet those requirements. IN other words, I our exhaust is for track use only! But with a silencer intact, it meets state sound violation requirements...

On the other hand, I was more of the one that was having an issue with the sound volume. The thing sounded great but would drone/reverberate at about 60-65 mph. If you hit 70 it was fine or around 55 it was fine.

Yes, I could have simply got a silencer for it. That however completely defeats the purpose of the exhaust. I struggled with installing one to start with as I knew it was not going to add any hp. But I wanted to at least be able to hear the engine when driving. Unfortunately, it was too loud for my normal driving (my opinion). So adding a silencer would only leave me with a shiny muffler back there which is just a complete waste of money imo.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking those that want an exhaust on the car. Yes, I too think it looks good and can sound nice/racey. But when it does not add any hp and only makes noise I simply disagree with it. Money could have been better spent on some nicer tires, sway bars, tower braces, brakes...to make the car handle better (imo).

I am sad that the exhaust did not work out but I not upset about selling it and not having one at the same time.