Notices
Regional - Mid Atlantic DC, DE, MD, VA, WV

Scion Road Rage Show Oct. 16 2011

Old 10-17-2011, 10:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea ii still got my slips. I'll post them up after ii get off from work. I'm a bit surprised ii had better runs then my compititors an ii had a passenger. I Went up against mk3 na supra . Autocross tercel. And a tc .. and ii only lost to a domestic car. Would of lost anyways if ii didn't stall that run smh lol
Old 10-17-2011, 01:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Had a lot of fun! show was pretty good for being free!! Ran my car for the first time ever, I got 6 runs in and my best time was a 16.1. Not bad for not being able to launch at all because my tires are almost bald! Last run was fun because the honda next to me blow the ____ out of his trans or engine!! lol
Old 10-17-2011, 01:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Congrats Cobalt! Best Xd and good track times.Thats way better than you were thinking. "I gotta 1.8 not a 2.4" lol my best run was a 16.1 but i lost my damn slip... Lol i only found my crappy 17 sec run were tried a lil launch . I did 2 burnouts. 1 in the box and 1 when the green light dropped.lmao still not bad for a first time with virtually no engine mods..

@dj08tc was that the blue civic they towed lmao
Old 10-17-2011, 02:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks man, it went better than expected. all i could think about at the stage was" dont stall, dont stall". i saw big clouds of smoke while i was waiting in line, i thought someones car was on fire, i asked someone walking from the pits what happened, he told me they set the trans fluid on the track on fire, thought that was nuts. im hoping to see alot of the same cars at the OC car show next year, as you all know scion sponsors that event as well, id like to see at least a dozen well done scions in the booth inside. i talked to brad, one of the orginizers of both the rage show and the OC show, he was thrilled to see so many clean scions yesterday, and is hoping most of them can come down and represent scion in june.

Sent from my rooted Droid
Old 10-17-2011, 02:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i was there in my blue turbo tc with the orange interior =P it is the one that looked poor on the outside and the engine bay but pulled a 13.1 at 110 on street tires oh yea i blew the clutch out =( good seeing u xd kid and christian
Old 10-17-2011, 03:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ never saw your car, sounds fun though. Not a bad time.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:25 PM
SL Member

i had fun beating up the scions in my Terkle ;)
Old 10-17-2011, 03:30 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by xD_kidd91
Autocross tercel.
thats me...i actually road race it
Old 10-17-2011, 04:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im def there in June..,hopefully ill have some wheels buy then... Lol
Old 10-17-2011, 05:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RS2_1823
Congrats Cobalt! Best Xd and good track times.Thats way better than you were thinking. "I gotta 1.8 not a 2.4" lol my best run was a 16.1 but i lost my damn slip... Lol i only found my crappy 17 sec run were tried a lil launch . I did 2 burnouts. 1 in the box and 1 when the green light dropped.lmao still not bad for a first time with virtually no engine mods..

@dj08tc was that the blue civic they towed lmao
More than likely! I didnt see it happen since I was racing him. All I know is he did a big burnout at being and was revving it hard at the light and when it turned green I just heard a loud noise. Then when i looked back he was still sitting there in a big cloud of smoke. My brother said he dropped a huge chunk of the trans or engine on the ground! lol

I wanted to get in the 15s but my tires wouldnt let me. My first run I spun so hard and got horrible wheel hop from trying to launch, so I shifted way to early.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Nice seeing familiar faces again.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by blown_xa
Saab with the Blown_xa spec DP?

Haha You know it
Old 10-17-2011, 08:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DJ08tC
More than likely! I didnt see it happen since I was racing him. All I know is he did a big burnout at being and was revving it hard at the light and when it turned green I just heard a loud noise. Then when i looked back he was still sitting there in a big cloud of smoke. My brother said he dropped a huge chunk of the trans or engine on the ground! lol

I wanted to get in the 15s but my tires wouldnt let me. My first run I spun so hard and got horrible wheel hop from trying to launch, so I shifted way to early.

Lol yep that sounds like it..,im def going next year!! Had tons of fun yesterday
Old 10-17-2011, 09:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha its funny how we all kno ea. other now :p but yea

nice seeing you all!
put no effort in cleaning it since ii spent like 3.5hrs having headers and midpipe installed after work the night before.

congrats cobalt. sucks there was only 2 xd at the show. I left after 4 runs.
border guy. still laughed at the genisis eating ur dust.
malibuguy. i been wondering what you gots under your hood lol.

but yea here are 3 of the 4 runs. One of my runs ii stalled lol... the other guy was shaking the whole floor and i was relying on the sound of exhaust to launch off lol.

me: 1777
left. mk3 na supra
middle. malibuguy's tercel
right. tc
Old 10-17-2011, 09:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here are a few pics.

Waiting for the pro mods to finish! Im standing behind my nephew. You can see Draxcaliber's behind me!

Getting ready to lie up, lost to this camero, he was the only camero I think that tried because he ran like a 13, and everyone else was only running 15s. I hate the new camero's with a passion! lol

Getting ready to go!

Video of me racing another tC. Not sure if he is on here but he was a nice guy, he missed 3rd so I won.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43173664@N06/6254760748/
Old 10-17-2011, 09:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by borderguy881
i was there in my blue turbo tc with the orange interior =P it is the one that looked poor on the outside and the engine bay but pulled a 13.1 at 110 on street tires oh yea i blew the clutch out =( good seeing u xd kid and christian

Whats crazy is you got that time AFTER you blew your clutch definitely impressive.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Very nice times kidd. I guess all the exhaust work paid off; I don't think I can justify close to 800$ for a half second faster times at the track, esp since that'll prob be the only time I ever track it. Id rather be out on the back roads flying around the twisties, but for a one time thing it was fun. You ever decide you wanna make your D look car show good, get your paint and body work fixed and then come see me.

Sent from my rooted Droid
Old 10-17-2011, 11:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Lustine tC also smoked the clutch ( it was stock ) on the 1st pass after pulling a 1.8 60ft. on street tires. They ordered a ACT clutch today, lol. Track prep wasn't as good as I had expected plus I have a hard time getting both tires spinning during my burnouts. I need an lsd, I would never buy one for just drag, but I can see how it can help for burnouts .
Old 10-17-2011, 11:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cobaltbravo
Very nice times kidd. I guess all the exhaust work paid off; I don't think I can justify close to 800$ for a half second faster times at the track, esp since that'll prob be the only time I ever track it. Id rather be out on the back roads flying around the twisties, but for a one time thing it was fun. You ever decide you wanna make your D look car show good, get your paint and body work fixed and then come see me.
take it easy lol.
its not all about body work. who said a car has to look flawless to be car show good? thats why judges have more to look like than body and cleanness like performance. ice. and wheels. even with battle scars, im pretty sure ii will give you a run for your money lol. but if its a clean up competition then u'll deff take the win lol
im just not rushing since winter (snow) is coming. so no point and focus in school.
if ii can spend that for half a second faster. it must be cause ii have a decent job with healthy income to justify their work. btw ii got it for less cause ii been talking with them since day one.

hopefully we meet again next yr lol

Last edited by xD_kidd91; 10-18-2011 at 12:06 AM.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by blown_xa
Lustine tC also smoked the clutch ( it was stock ) on the 1st pass after pulling a 1.8 60ft. on street tires. They ordered a ACT clutch today, lol. Track prep wasn't as good as I had expected plus I have a hard time getting both tires spinning during my burnouts. I need an lsd, I would never buy one for just drag, but I can see how it can help for burnouts .
Track prep in the morning did suck. Got a little better after the pro mods, but still not the best. I have no idea why they don't let people go around the burnout box at Capitol. It the biggest bunch of bs for everyone. Every car on street tire or radials was leaving standing water, At the line. Doesn't help that a couple cars broke either, but you can't help that. I'd like to see better track prep and the ability to go around the box next year.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Scion Road Rage Show Oct. 16 2011