07 tC Dezod S1 Turbo Install...help finding local tuner

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 08:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Default 07 tC Dezod S1 Turbo Install...help finding local tuner

I just purchased a Dezod S1 turbo kit, i'm looking forward to doing the install this weekend.

Now I need a little help finding a local tuner.

The kit comes with the AEM FI/C but I have a Greedy e-Manage Ultimate with Dezod PNP harness.

We could street tune it but we prefer not to. We would like to take it to a shop to get tuned and the only one we have heard of CPRacing, Carolina Performance Racing, seems to have gone out of business. The 2 numbers we had for them are disconnected and their website is now nonexistent.

It would be good to state that we are in Charlotte, NC.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:34 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

http://www.p1auto.com/
Old 05-18-2009, 11:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

P1 is in Fort Mill right?
Old 05-19-2009, 01:32 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

yeah Lancaster county
Old 05-21-2009, 03:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Anyone have a tC 07+ AEM FI/C base map?
Old 05-29-2009, 07:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

P1 auto has been gone for years now...

Did you get this car tuned yet?

Not too many tuners really want to even touch that AEM fic.. I do have a bunch of maps for an 05/06 tc for the fic if you'd like to have a close refrence to start with, but I'm not sure how much the years differ in tuning requirements.

Some local tuners, and what I think about them

Harold @ RLZ in concord, nc (formerly Speed inovations), he does mostly Honda. My tC is the only one he's ever touched. But probably the best around. VERY reasonable Awesome guy! His hatch runs a 9.1 @168 if that means anything.

3SX in concord, nc , they deal mostly with DSMs

BlueRidge motorsports hickory, nc, I've heard good things about them

BRE in concord, nc , my tune was dissapointing to say the least.... 275whp on 18psi.. WTF!?

Underground Racing in charlotte, nc, the mostly deal with Viper and sound like @ssholes on the phone..

Pro Dyno in fort mill, sc , mainly mustangs but are now hitting the import market
Old 05-29-2009, 09:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by RSracer
P1 auto has been gone for years now...

Did you get this car tuned yet?

Not too many tuners really want to even touch that AEM fic.. I do have a bunch of maps for an 05/06 tc for the fic if you'd like to have a close refrence to start with, but I'm not sure how much the years differ in tuning requirements.

Some local tuners, and what I think about them

Harold @ RLZ in concord, nc (formerly Speed inovations), he does mostly Honda. My tC is the only one he's ever touched. But probably the best around. VERY reasonable Awesome guy! His hatch runs a 9.1 @168 if that means anything.

3SX in concord, nc , they deal mostly with DSMs

BlueRidge motorsports hickory, nc, I've heard good things about them

BRE in concord, nc , my tune was dissapointing to say the least.... 275whp on 18psi.. WTF!?

Underground Racing in charlotte, nc, the mostly deal with Viper and sound like @ssholes on the phone..

Pro Dyno in fort mill, sc , mainly mustangs but are now hitting the import market
I've had a few emails back and forth with RLZ but I found a tuner shop in GA, Lethal Injection, that I will used.

RLZ seemed like they knew what they were talking about. They said they hadn't done a tC with the FIC and the only tC they did do had a standalone AEM. I spoke with them before I spoke with Lethal. I told RLZ when the turbo was being installed and that I already had the 07 tC base map. RLZ insisted that I came in and let them get the base map even though I told them numerous times that Dezod already provided that. I told RLZ all I would need is a tune after the turbo was installed and I go to school out of state so I wanted to bring it in on Monday, that was clear from the start as I always said install on Saturday, tune on Monday. I was originally told that was fine but a few days ago, by now Lethal has stolen my service from RLZ, they respond back saying they are closed Monday's, RLZ could have stated that in the 2nd email, not the 6th, and they were booked for the week so I told them I will take my business elsewhere.

I will gladly take my car back to Lethal, they have awesome customer service even though they are 45 minutes from my house in Atlanta, they are the first and now likely the only tuner I will use thanks to their service on my clutch, dyno work and even offered to tune it when I came back through on Monday. If there was a Dezod or Stance Motorsports near me I would use them too.