4. flamedxb
5. tCgrl
Old 12-02-2005, 03:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default blowingrock

There is a killer place to eat up in Blowing Rock called Canyons. I go there every time I go up to the mountain house. Theyt have a big selection of food and a bar for those interested. Suppose to be one of the oldest bar in the area. I'm off that whole weekend. Just keep an eye on the weather. They got 12" of snow 2 weekends ago. Just checked they are calling for snow showers Thurs and Fri of next week.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: blowingrock

Originally Posted by matchbox
There is a killer place to eat up in Blowing Rock called Canyons. I go there every time I go up to the mountain house. Theyt have a big selection of food and a bar for those interested. Suppose to be one of the oldest bar in the area. I'm off that whole weekend. Just keep an eye on the weather. They got 12" of snow 2 weekends ago. Just checked they are calling for snow showers Thurs and Fri of next week.
Wheres blowing rock at? I'm hoping the weather will be nice. I'd hit up a bar if i were 21...*sigh*

You wanting to meet up with us?

Cya
Old 12-03-2005, 04:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default blowing rock

Take 421 to Boone. When you get into Boone take a left on 105. At the 2nd light turn left at the two story Wendys. Go about ten miles. You'll pass a Scottsman gas station on the left and then a log house looking Broyhill funiture store on your right. The highway will run alone the mountain edge and Canyons will be on your right.

They are calling for snow flurries up here in Winston next Thurs and Fri.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default weekend

If anybody going to this meet "wants" anything off my list in the classifieds. Just PM me.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Meet is cancelled.

They are calling for rain in wilkes and snow in boone. I'll re-schedule after the new year when theres less chance of snow and weather.

Sorry guys.

Cya
Old 01-14-2006, 05:58 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm fairly new to this forum and don't have my Scion yet, but when I do have it I would definitely be interested in doing this one weekend. I live in Charlotte and went to App. State in Boone to college. I love it up there and pictures of my XA with the Blue Ridge in the background would be fantastic. I'm totally up for scheduling something sometime this spring, when the weather is better.
Old 01-14-2006, 06:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Athie
I'm fairly new to this forum and don't have my Scion yet, but when I do have it I would definitely be interested in doing this one weekend. I live in Charlotte and went to App. State in Boone to college. I love it up there and pictures of my XA with the Blue Ridge in the background would be fantastic. I'm totally up for scheduling something sometime this spring, when the weather is better.
Welcome, i do plan to re-schedule so just keep checking this thread periodically about when it will be. I have a few pictures of my box with the blue ridge as a background, beautiful shots. Would be even better with 5-10 other scions there as well.

Boone is a lovly place, then again i do love a lot of college towns. I moved back in with my parents (nc), but prior to that i had moved out for a while to Athens, Ga. (uga) Athens is one of my favorite places.. I do need to start college some time this year...

Anyway, yes..keep checking back and welcome.
Old 01-15-2006, 05:12 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Where are you thinking of going? ASU? It's an awesome school. I loved every minute that I was there (well, except for the blizzards and 35 below weather in January's) but it's a great school. Never been to Athens but I've heard great things about the school. I used to book local bands and UGA always had some great opportunities for my bands.
Old 01-15-2006, 05:18 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have a few pictures of my box with the blue ridge as a background, beautiful shots.
I want to see your pics. Will you post them, or have you posted them somewhere already? I'm sure they look great.
Old 01-15-2006, 05:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Athie
I have a few pictures of my box with the blue ridge as a background, beautiful shots.
I want to see your pics. Will you post them, or have you posted them somewhere already? I'm sure they look great.
I need to get one of two scanners working (both have issues currently), but once i can get a scanner up and running i will definitely post them some where.
Old 08-06-2006, 07:44 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

So, sometime this fall I want us to plan this trip up to the mtns. I haven't been able to do anything with the NC meets because every weekend they have something I have plans, and the weekends I can make it the meets are cancelled. I think we should do this in early Oct. when the leaves are changing. It will be gorgeous. Ideas???
Old 08-07-2006, 12:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't live in Nc anymore, but i'm sure you'll have fun.