Notices
Regional - Mid South KY, NC, SC, TN

Moving to myrtle beach in the near future and have a few ?s :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 01:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Moving to myrtle beach in the near future and have a few ?s :)

Hello, Names Mike. me and the fam are planning on moving down to myrtle from c.t. with in the next year I hope
I will be visiting again this spring though. Im just wondering if some locals can answer a few ?s for me.
When ever i come there for vacation it seems i never see any cops or speed traps ect.. They just appear out of nowhere when theyare needed like for a crash or something. lol
How are they with modded cars. I have a rs1 xb and continue to mod it. I always mess around with any cars that i own. I dont wanna move there and get my ***** broken all the time for hids or exhaust. ect.
Also, i never really saw any modded cars there either and i was hoping to meet people with the same interest since ill be leaving all my freinds here. Not that this will prevent me from making the move or anything.lol Just kinda want to know what to expect.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:06 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i live in Raleigh, nc about 4 to 5 hours from myrtle beach at the most. We have a good bit of cops on major roads around here not to many "speed traps" or check points tho. A good bit of modified cars around here but havent seen but a few modded scions in the area but there around. Dont know if that helps but best of luck on the move man.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thats a start.. and thank you,we are really looking forward to nicer weather. We just had one of the worst winters i can remember and it still hasnt warmed up yet. Very depressing.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:11 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

during the vacation season and during certain events they really are out to get you so be careful then.. also they enacted a few years back rules designed to discourage car and motorcycle enthusiasts from coming to their city
Old 04-14-2011, 03:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Really, woww that sucks. Its weird because when ever i visit its vaca season and i see no cops at all. Maybe its just a the timing.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:12 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

yep.. it all started when they wanted to get rid of bike week
Old 04-23-2011, 03:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah you never SEE the cops but they are there. I lived there for about a year and they are very tricky little bastards.
they are very good about restricting cruising and stuff like that.
they are trying to turn the place around for all of Myrtle to be like North Myrtle and very family oriented all the way thru.

But it is still nice... it just gets freaky from packed in the tourist months to hardly anyone there in the off season.

Oh, price of living high, what you get paid, nothing unless you are a doctor or land a good job that isnt seasonal there.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:40 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

We have been here for about 5 years and I personally have lived here for about 3. It is a great place to live and actually cost of living is pretty low here. A lot of depends on where you go in or around MB as there is a lot to do here.

Tim