Notices
Regional - Mid South KY, NC, SC, TN

Wilmington N.C. Folks unite!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 08:07 PM

Might be buying an xB in the near future, hope to join you guys sometime.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:14 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Chadly187
Might be buying an xB in the near future, hope to join you guys sometime.
Do it!!!! You'll be in love with it! Are you looking for a xB1 or 2?

<3 a Skyon
Old 11-28-2012, 08:29 PM
5 Year Member

They are more fun to drive than you would ever think... I love mine! :D

Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-28-2012, 08:31 PM

Wasnt really looking for either but we found one anyway. Just kinda jumped out at us when we were walking the lot. My wife needs a new car thats better on gas than the 15MPG HWY our expedition gets. Plus she really wants a 5 speed, I want something comfortable and roomy enough for long trips, and this thing just looks cool and rides/runs great. Its a 2009 with 24K miles. They are asking a bit too much for it, but if they they give me the price I want, it will be ours. There is a 2012 with less miles on it for sale in wilmington for the same asking price so I have some room to work with.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:45 PM
SL Member

Cool.I hope it works out in your favor.. The xB is really great, very roomy inside with a small exterior size. They have few to no issues with them if you do your maintenance. We would love to have you join up and get together sometime soon if it works out. My name is John and I am a certified tech and if you have any questions or need a prepurchase check out let me know.

<3 a Skyon
Old 11-29-2012, 07:00 PM

Well the deal fell through. I was happy with the trade in value they were offering but they wouldnt budge on the price. They wanted 16K for the car, and it blue books at 14,800 and NADA value is 14,200. Theres no way I am going to pay that much. The search continues.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:31 PM

Thinking I might just buy a new one. I would get a warranty just in case something breaks when I'm deployed the dealership can fix it, and a lower interest rate so the payments would be about the same. Plus its brand new. Of course it will depreciate quite a bit, which is why I said I would never buy a new car again. But I could see the dissapointment on my wifes face when I told the dealer he needed to come down at least another $1500 and walked out the door. Got some decisions to make...
Old 11-29-2012, 08:51 PM
5 Year Member

I bought my 2011 with 2800 miles on it but went to Charlotte to find it. Buying new is going to be ok as I truly believe that the resale value wont drop as fast as you might think. The xB is being dropped from the line up after 2013 as of right now, so resale values are holding really well right now. If a person drives one they want one. My only regret was not huying one a long time ago. There are a couple of used ones on Craigslist right now in the Wilmington area. Good luck with the hunt and if are any questions or concerns dont hesitate to ask! :D

Old 11-29-2012, 09:04 PM
SL Member

I was hoping you'd jump in J. Im a retro xBer a classic guy if you will. They do hold value, and I feel manual trans xB2 is not that common either. Good luck.with the.hunt

<3 a Skyon
Old 12-01-2012, 10:52 PM

Its official, I am a new xB owner!!! Technically its my wifes car, but I bought it!
Its a 2012 Stingray Metallic with a 5 speed manual and 5 spoke wheels. Couldnt be more happy. Paid 18.2 for it with a healthy trade in value, plus I got the lifetime bumper to bumper warranty. Stevenson Toyota in Jacksonville is a great place to do business. I'll post pics when the car gets delivered, should be here tuesday. Cant wait!
Old 12-01-2012, 11:07 PM
SL Member

Wooo hoooooo! !!! Congratulations my friend!!!!!!!! You will love the car!. Its funny that we know people that will drive to Wilmington to the Toyota dealer here cuz they no likey the one there. Glad they work for you guys!!!!! Ready for pics too.:thumbup:

<3 a Skyon
Old 12-01-2012, 11:29 PM
5 Year Member

Congrats on your new ride!! We will look forward to some pics... Im sure your wife will love driving it around town as much as mine does! Let us know if there is anything we can help with... I know right now Im upgrading the stereo in mine because I dont own a car with a stock stereo....:D

Old 12-01-2012, 11:56 PM

Thanks guys! I'm really excited. Its hard for me to leave anything stock, so the mods will begin soon. I wish Tuesday would hurry up and get here. I appreciate the offer for help. I know my way around a toolbox pretty good and am an electronics maintenance guy by trade so my offer to help is out there as well. Do yall have weekly meetings?
Old 12-02-2012, 12:25 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Chadly187
Thanks guys! I'm really excited. Its hard for me to leave anything stock, so the mods will begin soon. I wish Tuesday would hurry up and get here. I appreciate the offer for help. I know my way around a toolbox pretty good and am an electronics maintenance guy by trade so my offer to help is out there as well. Do yall have weekly meetings?
Yes and no on weekly. We meet when we can, and a mod day at my shop usually monthly. We did do coffee and cars this month, but it hard to get every one together especially during the holidays. Hit me up on Scikotics, do a join request (if u want ) and we will try to meet up asap.

<3 a Skyon
Old 12-02-2012, 12:45 AM
5 Year Member

We get together at local events like today we were at the Cars and Coffee event here in Wilmywood at the BMW dealership. It is held the first Saturday of every month, January will be at the Red Robin on Military Cutoff Rd from 9-12. We also get together from time to time for "Mod Days" or some fun bowling or something that the kids can get in on too. We post up the next get together here.

Have fun with the mods, I can tell you that there are not as many aftermarket parts for the '11 thru '13 models. We can run most of the same motor parts and suspension but several different exterior pieces.

Enjoy the new ride and let the mods begin!
Old 12-10-2012, 09:24 PM
5 Year Member

Hope everyone had a great Monday.... Now for some football and on to Tuesday!! :D

Old 12-25-2012, 02:04 PM
5 Year Member

Merry Christmas everyone! :D

Old 12-25-2012, 08:46 PM
SL Member

when is the next meet or show anyone will be attending?
Old 12-25-2012, 08:53 PM
SL Member

We are planning a meet this weekend, 99% sure on Sunday. The attendance is unknown as of now due to holidays. Info coming asap. would love to meet up with you

<3 a Skyon
Old 12-26-2012, 04:13 PM
SL Member

This weekends meet info
http://www.scikotics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=361840

<3 a Skyon

Quick Reply: Wilmington N.C. Folks unite!