Regional - Mid South KY, NC, SC, TN

Window Tint in Knoxville

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 02:38 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Window Tint in Knoxville

Hey Knoxville Peeps,
Anyone have any preferred place to get Window Tinting? I have taken the last 5 cars I have had to Sound Factory on Clinton Hwy, but wanted to get other suggestions before I did that. Any one got any?
Old 08-16-2006, 03:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey jmackdizzle,
I have used on my past cars and present car Solar Pros on Alcoa Hyw. They do great work and they also use Lumar brand tint.
Old 08-16-2006, 05:18 PM
5 Year Member

If you feel like driving a little over an hour, there is a place in Elizabethton called Prosound. They did my window tint, along with many other friends of mine. They do excellent jobs guaranteed.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

well...
the Scion Knoxville store tints windows...
I'll have to check if they work on tCs though
Old 08-17-2006, 06:50 AM
5 Year Member

wow, actual tC owners from knoxville.... i'm almost speechless. sorry to be off topic but do you all meet or anything anywhere?
Old 08-17-2006, 11:01 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey dcap,
i just said howdy to you on the "newbie in knoxville" thread, but I'll go ahead an repeat myself. There are two active, fun-loving, enjoy candlelight and long walks on the beach Scion groups in Knoxville. One is the ICONS East Tennessee Scion owners club. These guys are into the shows, they sponsor Scion "tech-days" where you can get together and install product or get advice. It's an organized club with membership and dues, but you can totally check it out. The website for the club isn't up right now so they may be doing a little "restructuring." If any of you ICONS guys are lurking on the thread please drop me a line to let me know what's up.
The other group is an informal, loosly structured (okay, there's no structure) group that gets together about once every two or three months, or whenever anyone gets the urge. We'll go see movies, go out to eat, have picnics, whatever. It's made up of college students, young professionals, families and retirees. We've done a car show or two, but it's mostly about hanging out and enjoying the company of other Scion fanatics.
I'll say this, the group is mostly people who've purchased their Scions at Scion Knoxville, but that's only because I work there and most of the Scion owners I know are the people that buy at this store. It's not about where the car was purchased, it's about being fired up about Scion.
damn, i just realized how long this post is, okay, short answer, YES, there are a h*&^^ of a lot of Scion owners in K-town who are crazy about their cars.
Old 08-18-2006, 06:54 AM
5 Year Member

nice... i got mine in bristol, but thanks for the info