street racing bust

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 11:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default street racing bust

Well the big headline on the news tonight on WSOC was that street racing ring bust at Stonecrest on saturday night. I saw a couple tc's on the news footage. Hope it wasn't anyone from here.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOL! Street racing never makes it to the news out here in Cali. Even murder don't make it to the news...
Old 11-06-2006, 11:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by stillmatic
LOL! Street racing never makes it to the news out here in Cali. Even murder don't make it to the news...
Actually here in so-cal theres Ontario street racing every fri & sat. night. and a couple of months ago the street racing task force in so-cal created this years largest sting operation and cought everyone who was there that night, There were around 450+ cars and five different counties worth of police, sherriff, and chp officers along with many news stations broadcasting live and interviewing street racers while they got there cars impounded or received tickets.
Old 11-07-2006, 12:25 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

we need a drag strip......
Old 11-07-2006, 12:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^BUMP!!!!!
Old 11-07-2006, 01:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

lol funny
Old 11-07-2006, 02:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

This one wasnt anywhere near as big as 450+, they are saying 21 car seizures with more on the way after what they called a 4 month sting operation.

I agree with sciond, we really do need a place like a drag strip where these kids can go race legally rather than risking their lives and the lives of other innocent people by partaking in reckless street races.
Old 11-07-2006, 02:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SO-CAL_TC
Actually here in so-cal theres Ontario street racing every fri & sat. night. and a couple of months ago the street racing task force in so-cal created this years largest sting operation and cought everyone who was there that night, There were around 450+ cars and five different counties worth of police, sherriff, and chp officers along with many news stations broadcasting live and interviewing street racers while they got there cars impounded or received tickets.
WOW! Did it make it to the news tho? We have raids in Oakland and other parts of the bay area but street racing never makes it to the news. The news stations out here care more about serious issues like the government and mudslide and ____ like that.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:14 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

all over the news....
Old 11-07-2006, 12:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

we def need a good drag strip...and more ppl need to auto-x
Old 11-07-2006, 12:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

But almost everyday national news programs are interrupted to show an LA car chase! Go figure!

If OJ had owned a Scion, he'd still be crusin'!
Old 11-07-2006, 03:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

WOW! Did it make it to the news tho? We have raids in Oakland and other parts of the bay area but street racing never makes it to the news. The news stations out here care more about serious issues like the government and mudslide and poop like that.
Yeah It was on like three different channels the next day.
[/quote] The news stations out here care more about serious issues like the government and mudslide and poop like that.[/quote]

Out here right now the CHP is making this a huge deal ever since summer started they have been cracking down on it, they constantly have commercials on the radio about it.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What reason did they have to impound the car ? Illegal parts?
Old 11-07-2006, 07:03 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

footage of them racing or association....actually confiscation is illegal BUT the people they victimize probably don't have the means to fight them
Old 11-07-2006, 07:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah before the bust there were a bunch of civics and ford focus's full of young guys and girls video taping everyone who raced, But they were all detectives so once the bust happened they got out of there cars hung a badge from their necks and just walked around putting an "X" on your hand and a paper on your windshield if you raced anyone that night. I know a guy that got arrested because they got him on camera flagging off races. I was there that night (unfortunately my friends talked me into riding with them) so I got to see this first hand, It was like a movie with helicopters and everything. Imagine looking forward then backwards at approximately 200+ cars in both directions with their hoods open, a line of flatbed tow trucks, News station reporters, Two helicopters, and a sea of blue and red lights in both directions, oh and not to mention a 1/2 a block with minors sitting on the curb waiting for their guardians to come pick them up. It was perfectly planned out that night they had lots of construction zones and closed roads set up that night so that you can get to the street races from almost any street but you could only leave through one freeway entrance two blocks away.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

I guess that would have been the night to hit a bank, huh?
Old 11-07-2006, 07:22 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

same way they did it here
Old 11-07-2006, 10:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Yeah before the bust there were a bunch of civics and ford focus's full of young guys and girls video taping everyone who raced, But they were all detectives so once the bust happened they got out of there cars hung a badge from their necks and just walked around putting an "X" on your hand and a paper on your windshield if you raced anyone that night. I know a guy that got arrested because they got him on camera flagging off races. I was there that night (unfortunately my friends talked me into riding with them) so I got to see this first hand, It was like a movie with helicopters and everything. Imagine looking forward then backwards at approximately 200+ cars in both directions with their hoods open, a line of flatbed tow trucks, News station reporters, Two helicopters, and a sea of blue and red lights in both directions, oh and not to mention a 1/2 a block with minors sitting on the curb waiting for their guardians to come pick them up. It was perfectly planned out that night they had lots of construction zones and closed roads set up that night so that you can get to the street races from almost any street but you could only leave through one freeway entrance two blocks away.
As Hannibal Smith on the A-Team always said...

"I love it when a plan comes together.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by NHGrafx
As Hannibal Smith on the A-Team always said...

"I love it when a plan comes together.
All ive got to say is "The Fast and the Furious" Aint got nothin on that.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:09 AM
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Well I am back out. It took awhile to get bailed out. Sad to say the box got impounded though. It turns out it was not such a good idea to go out there. It was very planned out.

J/K lol Had to do it ]...

Quick Reply: street racing bust