Notices
Regional - North MN, ND, SD

New Member from MN with 2008 xD - Looking for Feedback!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 04:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default New Member from MN with 2008 xD - Looking for Feedback!

Hello All... New member here, I own a 2008 xD, Black Sand Pearl, about 18K on the car. I've just started doing some mods and I posted a thread on the main forum about it asking for advice and feedback.

Here is that thread: https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...223&highlight=

I just found a local company where I can obtain some parts and have the water transfer printing done to parts as well. Automotive Concepts in New Hope. Has anyone dealt with them, are they decent? Anyone have any other rccomendations for shops, parts in the Twin Cities area?

I'll post more pictures here as I complete projects that I'm currently working on or waiting on parts for!
Old 02-02-2009, 06:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what kind of things are you looking to have done other then the water tranfer? automotive concepts sounds familiar. i think they do alot of work for dealership custom cars so they should be quite good
Old 02-02-2009, 12:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Flecs
what kind of things are you looking to have done other then the water tranfer? automotive concepts sounds familiar. i think they do alot of work for dealership custom cars so they should be quite good
Not totally sure. I want to finish off the engine compartment with some hose work, usually need a performance supply to do that. Then the audio and lowering? Paint? Just looking for good area references for custom work. Buying on line is great, but sometimes it's nice to actually see things before you buy! Thanks tons for the feedback Flecs!
Old 02-02-2009, 04:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

where about do you live? i ask cause alot of stuff us other scion owners can help you do yourself. me and three other scion owners in the area have completly redone the inside of our cars with crushed velvet interiors and many more mods ourselves and they look just as good as if they were done professionally and were always willing to help others
Old 02-02-2009, 04:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Flecs
where about do you live? i ask cause alot of stuff us other scion owners can help you do yourself. me and three other scion owners in the area have completly redone the inside of our cars with crushed velvet interiors and many more mods ourselves and they look just as good as if they were done professionally and were always willing to help others
Cool... I live in West Bloomington, Just a few blocks from where iaminsider works!

I'm pretty handy myself as well and more than willing to help others. I tend to be more mechanically inclined!
Old 02-05-2009, 02:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
MN Scions

First off...Happy Birthday! You posted on my thread yesterday, so I came looking for you!

I am from MN, and used to work for Rudy Luther's in Golden Valley. We used Automotive Concepts almost exclusively for our aftermarket work, and they did a great job for us. It has been a few years since I left, but I never had a problem with them in 11 years of working with them.

Congrats on the xD, and welcome to Scion Life!
Old 02-05-2009, 03:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MNScion
First off...Happy Birthday! You posted on my thread yesterday, so I came looking for you!

I am from MN, and used to work for Rudy Luther's in Golden Valley. We used Automotive Concepts almost exclusively for our aftermarket work, and they did a great job for us. It has been a few years since I left, but I never had a problem with them in 11 years of working with them.

Congrats on the xD, and welcome to Scion Life!
Thanks! I went there this afternoon and am waiting on some price quotes from them! They were very nice, gave me a tour, showed me various cars they are doing for local Vikings, etc.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

That looks awesome - anything new in the last couple months?
Old 04-23-2009, 03:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks Streeter... sure have... here's the thread with pics and updates..

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...9223&start=160
Old 06-26-2009, 02:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

That xD is hideous.

I kid I kid!!! KARY COME BACK!!!
Old 06-27-2009, 03:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Khans
That xD is hideous.

I kid I kid!!! KARY COME BACK!!!
LMAO.... sure Kelsi... Just because you drive the xD Tater/Rice 1000 edition! ;)

I really am not very thin skinned... I still read, just haven't felt a need to comment on much of anything of late...