Notices
Regional - North MN, ND, SD

North Region: INTRODUCE YOURSELVES! (old one)

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 04:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default North Region: INTRODUCE YOURSELVES! (old one)

HELLO everybody!!

I know there has been a lot of new people hanging around so I thought I'd kick start a thread for everybody from newb to pro SL'er to introduce themselves and get to know one another. We're planning an all-Scion meet-n-greet for the North region sometime in the very near future too (courtesy of our sponsor, Rudy Luther Scion), so stay tuned for that!

My name's Chris - or Streeter (what most on here call me) - and I am the mod for this region for ScionLife. I bought my tC with the intent of turbocharging it. At the time, many different shops were vying to be the first with the best turbo kit. A couple years and a lot of drama later, I finally got it up to speed (as it were). This car is so much fun to work on - I absolutely love it. I'm into gaming on Xbox mainly - my XBL gamertag is StreetRacer9x if you want to step up and feel tha PAIN! Other than that, working on cars, photography, long walks by the beach, etc.

So let's get this thing rocking... who are you?
Old 01-25-2008, 04:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wassup guys. I'm Jon Lo / FoeShiZoh. I've got a bone stock rs4.0 xB. Wish i had more money to blow on my car, but i don't . i'm married and my wife just gave birth to another cute lilo boi just a week ago. so now i am a proud father of 2. i'm originally from Garden Grove, CA and play a lot World of Warcraft and Marvel vs Capcom2. i also have an 06 WRX that i use when i need speed. i'm very active and love to sing and dance (well, use to break dance. +50lbs later... i exnay). so... yea... haha! that's me.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

HI my name is adam, i have been on this board since 05 i have had a bop 05 xb, traded that in for a rs4. as far as i know i have the only manual rs4 in the state of mn. have had the box for a little over a year and it is coming along nice. i have many upgrades for this coming year and i will give you pics once i have finished getting ready for the show season.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

WEll.... greetings! My name is Neal Smith (nds_CARnivore) I have the pleasure of owning the second Xa sold in these parts. Started off strong on the mods, lowered, TRD suspension, tower brace, Injen CAI, Ultra light rims, good tread( Presently Falcon), DYI cup holder lights, smoked windows, modest vinyl...
Then reality set and I found that my choice in paint may not have been too sound. Living with that tainted me for a bit, but the joy of this street legal go-kart quickly wore it down. 80k on it now and still makes me smile when I walk up to it. I have (thanks to last winters ice storm) added new upper and lower grill of Billet. The looks negate the added weight...
So, that's the Intro for the car... ME?
I'm not in the target market for the car....;) 43, happily married for 20+ years, two kids, home owner, old time big block gobbs o' power guy. Enjoy fixing stuff, be it auto, home, electronic, whatever. Professionally I work in a world-wide support group for a SAN company. I enjoy woodworking, mostly reclamation of used wood. My latest projects include the recreation of a WWII Japanese puzzle box, My poker chip case from 100+ year old oak that spent most of it's life on a barn... And finally of course gaming. Started in DOS< line gaming... My screen name came out of DOOM and death match. I either shoot or drive when gaming, and always on AMD....
Old 01-28-2008, 03:02 PM

Hi, I'm Julie!

I have been active in the car scene for a few years now, starting on many forums since 2002.

I just recently bought a 2008 tC. I didn't opt for any options right now, except for the pedestal spoiler. I wanted to keep the payments down, but the supercharger will probably be added within the near future!

I'm a veterinary technician, and like to spend most of my time outside. I love summer! (Except for snowmobiling in the winter!). I'm an open book, so ask away if you want to know anything about me.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

welcome julie to the world of scion, hope you enjoy your stay. by the way we have a local car club for scions only called SciKoTicS. we are a good group of people we just hang out and bs. feel free to come check us out at www.scikotics.com and register and join us in the minneapolis area
Old 01-29-2008, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by CHPRBOX8
welcome julie to the world of scion, hope you enjoy your stay. by the way we have a local car club for scions only called SciKoTicS. we are a good group of people we just hang out and bs. feel free to come check us out at www.scikotics.com and register and join us in the minneapolis area
Awesome, thanks for the welcome! I checked out the other site and tried to register, but it gave me an error, so we'll see if it gets fixed soon so I can join. Thanks again!
Old 01-29-2008, 08:48 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

My name is Travis Kaufman and I am 32 years old. I was born in Ohio, but moved to Minnesota when I was 4 with my mom. I have pretty much lived here most of my life, with the exception of 15 months or so down in Texas. I am an only child, which some might say that I am spolied. I like to think of it as loved. I've never met my father, nor had a father figure in my life. My mom did all the raising, with help from my grandma who passed away when I was 22. I think they both did a good job. I used to play soccer when I was younger. Not so much anymore, but I still love to watch it. I do however play softball, football, broomball, and boot hockey. I work for a place called MacArthur Co. in St. Paul. We sell commercial roofing and insulations. Yes, it as boring as it sounds. I've been working there since Feb., 2000. I purhcased my 2005 Scion tC in March of 2005. I traded in a 2000 Chevy Malibu for it. It was one of the best decissions I've ever made. In the summer of 2006, I met Josh who introduced me to Scikotics. He was the VMFIC then. Since then, I have become the V and Josh has become the H. I can honestly say that I love hanging out with my extended family.

So, that is a little about me. If you have any questions for me, please let me know.

Thanks!!!

Old 01-29-2008, 09:14 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm Jp, i have an 05 xB, its silver, its nothin special. lol. I was born and raised in Cali, and moved here a year and a half ago after graduating from Wyotech. I am a mechanic for BNSF railway. I fix the locomotives, its pretty cool. I play video games,drink, snowboard, play beer pong, drink, dress up in costumers,and party. lol thats about it.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My name is Josh Dvorak and I'm 20 years old. I bought my 06 xB brand new when i was still in High School. I bought, and pay for the car on my own. I work very hard at two jobs (DQ where I'm a shift manager in training, and office max where i work in the "impress" section) to afford my car. I've had to make alot of sacrifices in my life to keep affording the scion but all of the friends I've made and the experiences I've had, have MORE then made up for it.

I graduated From High school in June of 2006 and after that summer I attended Minneapolis Business College for Graphic Design. After a hectic year of going to school full time (5 hours a day 5 days a week) and working about 40 hours a week @ DQ, I graduated From MBC with a diploma in Graphic Design.

I first joined MPLS Scikotics shortly after it was formed in late 2005 by Jeremy and JP. I attended the first meet at the MOA when i still had my first car (a 96 Caddy Seville) Once my xB finally arrived here from japan after months of waiting i sold the caddy to pay for the down payment on my new xB. and now two years later im here as the Hmfic of the chapter

enjoy the pics!

Old 02-12-2008, 04:34 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Name's Neil. I live in Otsego with my girlfriend, Maddy.

I currently work in computer systems sales (camera's, frame grabbers) business to business. I am finishing up my semester at North Hennipen Community college with a Degree in Marketing.

I have a 2007 tC with the TRD (vortech) S/C, drop in K&N, grill and tail lights.

I would like to get a short throw shifter as my next mod.

I also have a 1990 Chevy 454SS pickup that has been in storage for 3 years. I think I will take it out this spring to lower it, fix a few things, and maybe get some body work done (cowl induction hood, roll pan). The mods I have done are:

K&N, Throttle body spacer, Edlebrock intake manifold, ported and polished heads & intake, True Dual exhaust, Jet performance chip, Fuel pressure regulator, B&M stage 2 shift kit.

I want headers for it. I want a s/c too but cannot nearly afford it.

Old 02-12-2008, 04:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I guess it would help to put in some pics

Old 03-01-2008, 02:40 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Chris, ever gonna post yours in the Scikotics one?
Old 03-02-2008, 03:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
MN Scions

I'll add my info at another time, just got off a 20 hour shift so I'm a little tires right now.

Good pics from everyone. Adam, your 2nd box looks hot! Have you been workin out? Looks like you shed a few pounds, then I picked them up.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Hey, my name is Chad. I forgot when I actually joined Scionlife, but I have been poking around these forums and not posting much for a long time now.

I have been into cars for as long as I can remember and I have owned nearly 30 of them in the 14 years or so since I got my license. I have owned VW's mainly with a few classic American cars in there from time to time. The xB just kinda called to me so I sold my 2001 VW GTI 1.8T to get my xB.

I am not an expert in any one form of car customization, but I know enough about everything car related to get me in trouble.... lol

My car is a 2006 BCP xB

Mods....
Canvas sunroof
Mini Cooper fender mirrors
Toyota of Japan chrome trim kit
Garson wing
Tanabe DF210 springs, 2.25" drop
kph OE style speedo face
Custom fabricated cat-back exhaust
BBS RM 15x8 multi-piece wheels 5mm offset

Red Genie lip kit still in need of paint and install

Here are some pics.....

I'm into photography as well as cars and as the summer goes on I will probably post up photo shoot threads if anyone is interested in attending.
Old 04-27-2008, 01:53 PM

Default Yeah I'm Old BUT...

It's not my fault that the Scion was invented late! I live in Duluth and own the oldschool video game store on 1st street called ALL GAME and I needed something bigger than my old saab to carry all my gear and dogs around. This 08 XB is amazing! I feel like I'm driving a big truck but then I see it parked next to other vehicles and it's so TINY... OK.. so here's a true story... I live in the downtown area and I hear some ppl talking outside the apartment. One guy is laughing his head off and two others are howling in amazement.. They were walking down the side walk and from a distance they thought my tiny XB was this stretch Hummer limo that sometimes parks here across the street. Then when they got up to it they couldn't help but notice it was all shrank down into a scion xb... hahaha they got a good laugh out of it and admired my car for a while!
Old 05-02-2008, 02:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Hi MOM
Old 07-28-2008, 10:24 PM

Default Hello

Hey peeps, just wanted to say hi. Check out my website to find out more... www.tcscionproject.com
Old 03-28-2009, 05:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Scikotics
SL Member
MN Scions

well this is an old thread, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to say hi.

My names kevin and I live in burnsville, MN. I'm only 17 so I'm really new to all this, but I'm lovin it. I got my 07 BSP in july, and Its my baby now. I got stuck with an auto, so my dreams of modding it have kinda disintegrated. But I guess I can just focus on looks. Oh well.

So anybody else from the twin cities??

and if so, where are the shows ?
kinda wanna meet some people
Old 03-29-2009, 02:10 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

dont let the auto get you down, my turbo'd auto is still so much fun to drive :-P

Quick Reply: North Region: INTRODUCE YOURSELVES! (old one)