Notices
Regional - North MN, ND, SD

SCION EXPOSED! (road trip)

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 04:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if we did the morning thing wuld we run into traffic? i would need to ge tthere with plenty of time to clean and everyhting... ill ask my parents which way would be better to go... they go there for races a few times... and i may also be able to hook us up with a trailer to stay in for free at a house... it would also be a good place to clean our cars and everything...
Old 07-17-2006, 05:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

if we leave around 5:30 and get out of st. Paul, then we'd get ahead of traffic.
Old 07-17-2006, 06:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Official Roll Call:
1) Chanman (Kevin) + 1
2)
Old 07-17-2006, 06:19 PM
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member
MN Scions

chanman Posted: 7/17/06 11:05AM Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Official Roll Call:
1) Chanman (Kevin) + 1
2)
Sorry guys... I'll be at Valley Fair all day!
Old 07-17-2006, 06:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by chanman
Official Roll Call:
1) Chanman (Kevin) + 1
2)Archngl
Old 07-17-2006, 06:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol... have fun at VF man!

Official Roll Call:
1) Chanman (Kevin) + 1
2)Archngl
3) Josh
Old 07-18-2006, 01:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Archngl: since your on the other side of the lake and would be a hassle to meet us in WI. you wanna meet us somewhere before we head to the meet?
Also, I might go to China Town on Sunday for a few hours before I head back home. Do you guys wanna go too?
Old 07-18-2006, 02:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm going thru michigan, indiana and illinois... wisconsin would actually be farther than chicago for me... And I'm already leavin' at 8 in the mornin... so I'm gonna have to pass that offer up. Now if you were talkin' about indiana... I'd be down for sure!
Old 07-18-2006, 02:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I wasn't clear on what I said . I was thinking meeting somewhere in Chicago before the meet.
Old 07-18-2006, 05:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

One of my old VW buddies has a 2005 23 foot camper trailer he will set up at his house for a few of us "low budget" show goers to use.

It sleeps 5 on paper Three beds. He offered his house for cleaning cars, bath room, showers and he has some floor space in the house for crashing, and a nice inground pool.

It's in Midlothian, a south suburb of Chicago. Right off the highway about an hour from Solider Feild.

I need to let him know by Friday with some idea of how many. I'm 1.

If we get three or ten I know he'll be cool with it. Will work out the details when we get there.

If the money for a hotel is stoping you from going, Now you can go!
ill be doing this... this was posted on the scikotics site
Old 07-19-2006, 08:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

If we leave friday night, I'll most likely do the "low buget" thing with you. But let me talk it over with my women and I'll get back to you.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm in I'll would like to leave friday so dont have to worry about traffic plus if u guys leave at 6am u guys will miss the cities rush hour but how about the lunch rush hour in chicago? that be risky. So who else is going I only see 3?

I can get ahold of a few more tickets if needed. Let me know asap if anyone needs help getting there. Plus we can car pool if no one wants to drive.

E
Old 07-20-2006, 02:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I think we all want to leave Friday then? I work till 4pm, I'll try to get off early and make it home by 4. We can head out right after? or wait till rush hour's over.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

rush hour in chicago is never over, and the highways all have construction. luckily its not that bad on weekends and the cubs game is at 3. if ur coming from the south, u may wanna take 55 or 57 (whatever is closer) to get into the city.

for archngl, if u would like to caravan, se-detroit will be coming by my house in indiana and then we will meet up w/ se-indy and go up together and meet up w/ se-chicago. nothing like rolling in to a show w/ about 40 cars :D
Old 07-20-2006, 02:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by ucyib2papi
rush hour in chicago is never over, and the highways all have construction. luckily its not that bad on weekends and the cubs game is at 3. if ur coming from the south, u may wanna take 55 or 57 (whatever is closer) to get into the city.

for archngl, if u would like to caravan, se-detroit will be coming by my house in indiana and then we will meet up w/ se-indy and go up together and meet up w/ se-chicago. nothing like rolling in to a show w/ about 40 cars :D
Yea, from the North, once you hit the tolls, be prepered to sit there for a LONG time. Also watch out for slow merging trucks that can't see you! Last time I went, we (4 cars) were cruising down the highway when a truck merges in and goes right into the left lane. the other 3 cars hit their breaks getting only inches away from each other and I swerved to the right shoulder dodging 2 cars along the way.
Old 07-20-2006, 05:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sounds like fun
Old 07-21-2006, 11:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I just got another email from Scion. included with the free tickets, parking, and food coupon, we get 2 free Scion T-Shirts!
Old 07-22-2006, 04:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just got another email from Scion. included with the free tickets, parking, and food coupon, we get 2 free Scion T-Shirts!
So ok whats the plan for that day? are we leaving as a group?
Old 07-22-2006, 08:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Right now, the plan is to leave on Friday from MN, at 6pm (after rush hour.) What time do you think you'll be in Chicago vuefly? We will probably hit WI at around 7:30. Then it'll be about 2.5 hour drive through there. Are you close to highway 94/90? We can meet up at a gas station/fast food place.

I believe a bunch of Scions will be meeting at the beach before the Show so we all can roll as a group. I'm staying with flecs at the dude with the VW's house (hour away from Soldier field.)
Old 07-23-2006, 01:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Right now, the plan is to leave on Friday from MN, at 6pm (after rush hour.) What time do you think you'll be in Chicago vuefly? We will probably hit WI at around 7:30. Then it'll be about 2.5 hour drive through there. Are you close to highway 94/90? We can meet up at a gas station/fast food place.

I believe a bunch of Scions will be meeting at the beach before the Show so we all can roll as a group. I'm staying with flecs at the dude with the VW's house (hour away from Soldier field.)
I dont know I think i might run down I35 from duluth - cities. or thru WI depends what is planned. Anyways keep me updated!

Quick Reply: SCION EXPOSED! (road trip)