Notices
Regional - North MN, ND, SD

-Shot Out 2 North Region-

Old 12-10-2007, 07:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default -Shot Out 2 North Region-

WaSup Guys. the snow is just about to settle in here in minnesota. my name is Jon Lo and i own a 06xB in torched penny. rs 4.0. -basicly, i'm new to the site. just wanted to give a shot out. PPL say it's dead in here, but i think it aint to bad. -peace.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:15 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

sup Jon! How's it going? CHPRBOX (Adam) also has a RS4. He has quite a bit done to it so if you have any questions, he's your man.

Also, we are members of the Scikotics car club. There are a lot of great people in the club that would be more than willing to help you out with questions or how to's. Check us out at www.scikotics.com
Old 12-10-2007, 08:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks man. i appreciate that a lot. i've done a lot of reading in scionlife before, but have never registered.

i work out at the hecker store and they made me a scion champ (not really optional). ^^ so i thought this was the perfect time to say wassup. i originally from Garden Grove, CA. where all the scions are stirring up mayhem. however, here in MN, it seems that scion's are more of a niche then a real community. maybe i'm wrong....? what are your thoughts?
Old 12-10-2007, 09:14 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

There is a community, but it seems to be a lot smaller than the warmer states. There are even some dealerships around here that don't put a lot of emphasis on the brand. Walser Toyota in Blooington, where I got my car, used to have a Scion section. Then they did away with it. Now, most of the salesman there have no clue about the cars or the brand.

Also, our regional Scion guy, well, the old one, didn't seem to care too much about it up here either. For our state fair, we (Mpls Scikotics) offered our services in manning a booth/tent instead of Scion hiring someone from a temp agency, like they have the last couple years. They said no, and that they weren't going to have a booth/tent this year. Only to turn around and have one anyways, and then hire someone from a temp agency. It is absolutely retarded.

Now, don't get me wrong, there are soem people up here that get it, but the majority don't. There are a lot more Scion owners that just buy the cars for the fact that they are good cars, made by Toyota, and have good gas milage.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sweet. I just registered with scikotics. dude! i am so down with scion. i spoke with the regional director of scion and want to hold some Events. maybe we can totally rock out scion here in MN. i am down with any ideas that you might have. i want to hold maybe a break dance contest @ the dealership or maybe a video game gathering. i mean hands down, i love that type of stuff and i love my scion, but im afraid i might be the only person to show up!
Old 12-10-2007, 10:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Hey Jon--You hold an event, the Scikotics will show up! They are as loyal to Scion and going to events as any group of people you'll ever meet. Seems like there are a lot of us Scion Champions who also own Scions. What does that tell you?

I have the RS 3 xB and I *love* it. There's a Scion Champion/Manager at another dealership who owns a tC, but I'll let him speak for himself. (He's good at that.
I am waiting for the weekly meets for Scikotics to start going to BWW again. Until then, I am hunkered down for the winter trying to stay warm and not fall on my...um...face!

Nancy <------*Not* a "Winter Sport."
Old 12-10-2007, 11:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dude, that's awesome! maybe we can collaberate together and make something BIG. I'm down. xB rox. You definately picked the right scion, Nancy. speaking of which... how do i make my avatar. i see you guys with your scions. i've been trying and it just will not work. am i doing something wrong????
Old 12-10-2007, 11:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

The avatars on here are 80x80 and 10k max, if that helps! Welcome to SL - there's lots of great stuff in the Features dropdown up top, like parts reviews and lots of how-to articles. Pretty much whatever you want to do to your car you'll find someone to talk to here that can help!
Old 12-11-2007, 01:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Thanks for the fill-in Streeter. I poked around for about ten minutes and could not remember where I found the little picture for the avatar of my car. :::::temporary loss of recent memory:::::

Oh, no, wait. I just remembered. I am old. It must be senility.

Nevermind. -- Emily Litella
Old 12-11-2007, 03:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks streeter. i'll look around if i got any questions. i just couldn't find an answer for the avatar. like i see nancy's green rs3. i couldnt figure out how im suppose to have my rs4 showing. ^^ it's ok though. i'll just take some pics some other time and post some other kind of avatar.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

OH - yea, those are leftover from the old Scionlife system. Now where it says SCION xB RS4 under your name, it used to be a picture like Nano's.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I like leftovers...
Old 12-12-2007, 12:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It shows the "old school" lifers.... Welcome FoeShizoh ! I am one in a deffinate Minority here in Minnesota.... Xa owner/Lover. What part of town will we see the ride when you're not workin?
Old 12-12-2007, 12:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

WELCOME MAN! if you want i made a toasted penny avatar you can use... i used the ones off of here but photoedited it to resemble the color shift of the 4

Old 12-12-2007, 07:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

aw sweet. thanks Flecs. i like that. you'll see my ride more up in the east side. woodbury and saint paul a lot. my wife works at rosedale mall, so you'll see it parked out there a lot as well. Speaking of xA's. I've seen this bad ___ little red one. looks like a RS with the ground effects and all. it's dropped and always drives by me in the mourning on HWY 52.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

welcome i will pipe in with my 2 cents. flecs made the avitar for me and then next thing everybody and their moma had it for the rs4. what # is you penny. mine is #784 i have done a tone of stuff to mine and more to come.

once again welcome and welcome to the family of SciKoTicS....like trav said you have any penny questions and or concerns just hit me up.

and any idea you have for anything at the dealer we will show and you will not be alone, you would have plenty of us with you.....
Old 12-12-2007, 01:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no problemo man... and yeah i did originally make that baby for my buddy adam there... and dam it turned out sweet!
Old 12-13-2007, 06:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yes..... awesome dude! how you like me now?
Old 12-13-2007, 02:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

kick azz man!