Regional - Northeast CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT

Free i-Pod holder from the dealer

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 08:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Free i-Pod holder from the dealer

I went in to get my second free oil change, and I noticed now Scion is including a complimentary rubber i-Pod holder with the Scion logo on it that fits into any one of the cup holders. It's really nice and it would do a great job of keeping the i-Pod stable, instead of flopping around the cup holders like mine does.

I asked the salesman, he said ask the parts guy..........No luck. I was willing to buy one right there on the spot, but they had no idea about them because they were too new. But I did manage to get a factory part number off of one. It is:

00430-MHLDR-05.

Any one see these yet, or know where we can get our hands on a few of them ???
Old 12-03-2005, 08:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Mine came with the car free of charge, i have seen poeple on ebay selling the ones they didnt need but i know they come with all 06 models
Old 12-03-2005, 09:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Yeah they give them away for free at all the Scion sponsored shows. They have been out since the end of spring. The dealer should have plenty of them for their customers.
Old 12-03-2005, 09:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member
Scinergy

Actually, I've only seen the black ones with the new cars. The ones we've had as schwag at shows are light blue and are "cell phone holders" with a place for a pen and all.

However, I did some research and found that any dealer can order the black ones that come with the new '06 cars as a support material. Simply tell your dealer to place a "Dealer Support Materials Order" for the part number you came up with 00430-MHLDR-05. They should sell it to you for about $5 plus shipping (which will likely be $3 or $4. The Toyota Materials Distribution Center has 203,967 of these at the time of this writing, literally.

Good luck!

-Alex
Old 12-03-2005, 09:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by grizzly_choppers
Actually, I've only seen the black ones with the new cars. The ones we've had as schwag at shows are light blue and are "cell phone holders" with a place for a pen and all.

However, I did some research and found that any dealer can order the black ones that come with the new '06 cars as a support material. Simply tell your dealer to place a "Dealer Support Materials Order" for the part number you came up with 00430-MHLDR-05. They should sell it to you for about $5 plus shipping (which will likely be $3 or $4. The Toyota Materials Distribution Center has 203,967 of these at the time of this writing, literally.

Good luck!

-Alex
Thanks all for the info !!

You know... as I think about it, the parts guy was kind of a jerk. I wanted to look up a lighted fog light switch, and he thought it was just to hard to punch ALL those numbers and search his computer. He was MUCH to busy for that. So I guess when he said he didn't know how to find the i-Pod holder, he might have been ____ed off or something.
Old 12-03-2005, 10:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by grizzly_choppers
Well, the one I have is black and has the logo and the word Scion on it and it looks like it is made to serve several purposes. It is molded out of high density foam.
Old 12-03-2005, 11:36 PM
5 Year Member

Default I have one...

The rubber Ipod holder came with my car ( "06" ) I also got some other ones at a car show but they were cloth with a rubber scion logo on them....
Old 12-04-2005, 12:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I wanted to look up a lighted fog light switch,

There is a lighted foglight switch? Have any more info on this?

My car came with the ipod holder.I figured it was because my car came with the ipod radio
Old 12-04-2005, 01:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My '06 came with that molded holder also and my cell phone fits in it quite nicely.
Old 12-04-2005, 01:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

It looks like they are Griffin Technology iSqueezs. I have an iSqueez...

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/isqueez/
Old 12-04-2005, 01:45 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by mile_hi_sci
Mine came with the car free of charge, i have seen poeple on ebay selling the ones they didnt need but i know they come with all 06 models
wt.....I got my '06 xb about month and half ago they (dealer) never said anything about that holder... but maybe it goes by location, they DID give me a cool backpack and a couple of blinking reflectors with the scion logo
Old 12-04-2005, 03:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I got my 06' xB on November 17 and I got one!! I love it! I use it all the time!!
Old 12-04-2005, 04:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

i don't mean to hijack your thread, but I had one of the scion multi-device holders originally, and I ended up spending 10 bucks on the belkin ipod mount. I can't imagine a better design. There is a suction cup to hold the unit in place, and a slot in the bottom for the cable to come through. Although I use my ipod in the car more than anywhere else, when I need to remove the pod it's so smooth. there is a tab at the top of the suction cup that you hold back with one finger as you lift the unit out. Lifting the unit up threads the cable further thru the bottom slot, and it stays put until you want to cradle the pod again. Essentially, the cable is out of sight and out of the way when the unit is plugged in, and when it's unplugged there is no looking or fishing for the cable - it's right there.

Old 12-04-2005, 04:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by mikochu
Hey Dave! This is exactly the one I'm sending to ya Bro. It's getting mailed on Monday.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I gotm one with my 06.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got one to with my 06, I don't have the Ipod radio but mine hooks up using a male to male cord. Also i hate the location of the cup holders so I don't use it. I ran my cord to the over box and got a i pod stick matt and just put it on my dash
Old 12-05-2005, 11:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i got the same thing in my 06 TC, I also got three more from the past VIP Autoshow this last weekend that had a scion vender there
Old 12-05-2005, 11:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I tried the part # 00430-MHLDR-05 at a local dealership today and they said it isnt a real part.
Ths number didnt show anything.
I tried the scion.com chat and they didnt have any help,and i tried callin the 187770scion and they said that i cant order one because it comes standard on 06's and i have an 05.
They even wanted my vin # to check to see what year i have...

I think i have a few scion sweat bands that i can trade if someone want to...
Old 12-05-2005, 11:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if anyone here has one they don't want, hook it up!
Old 12-06-2005, 12:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the cellphone/ ipod holders i got for free from the car show are different from the one that came stock with my 06 tc, i'll get pics up of the differences tonight.. but i kno the 06 one go for less then $10 on ebay..

Quick Reply: Free i-Pod holder from the dealer