Notices
Regional - Northeast CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT

NY Car show/ Fundraiser- need support/ideas!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 08:20 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default NY Car show/ Fundraiser- need support/ideas!!

Hey all! Ok so here me out. Im a college student at Stony Brook NY. There used ot be a car club that died out in 2004 and i found its old site and looked on it seemed like it was fun, as for the reason it dying out im not sure. Id like to start one again but I want to start one with a purpose. Few things id like it to be:: 1) Educational -I want people who are interested in cars and automotive to learn about moding and cars in general. 2) Fund raising I want to hold a show on campus that's open to not only students but to the public so id be reaching out to other car clubs ( muscles car clubs, other imports etc) The money would be donated to cancer research or something along those lines, which ever organization could use it despiratly at the moment which of course is all of them so I'm not opposed to splitting the donations up to different corps. 3) Fun-A lot of people have there own car clubs such as our own but a lot of the time we don't get a big group of cars that are a mix because generally when we do stupid ____ happens b/c of other people (aka best buy parking lot in Westbury,NY) Ok So id really like some input back on this from everyone any suggestions are open to the floor hence why I'm reaching out to you lol Thanks All!
Old 09-06-2010, 09:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well to do a car show period you need money.Money for renting a place/spot for it.Cause theirs no place that's going to let you borrow their spot for free.Even if you do know them their still going to want/expect something in return cause it also has to someway benefit them.Then you have to get permits depending on the area,a place to acommadate participants and spectators as well,trophies/plaques,sponsors/vendors to help promote,a legit organization for the fund raiser to donate the money too.In other others words it takes time and patience to put something like this together and pull it off.You have to treat something like this as a business not just for fun and games.I hope you don't take this the wrong way but that's how it is man.

But since you would like to do this at your school speak to the administrators of the school.Bring them a nice presentation that's professional and how something like this could benefit the school as well.

I'm in the early stages of doing something like this and trust me the main things for this is funds & location and not to mention all the community board meetings I've been to presenting it. So good luck bro

Last edited by thegame7a; 09-06-2010 at 09:27 PM.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:35 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

As for space and permits it'd be on my campus which id have to go thru USG(student government) they'd be the ones helping me and getting it started. Id deff have to allocate funds from them. Generally rhe schools pretty good when it comes to events that raise $$ for a good cause. How do I go about sponsers and that stuff? I'm deff serious about this and I know its not a 1.2.3 thing lol
Old 09-07-2010, 01:12 AM
Banned
SL Member

im in

im right in the hamptons

pm me with more details
Old 09-09-2010, 03:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

let me know how its going i wanted to do a car show at Suffolk im apart of campus activities board we plan events maybe we can do like a joint something
Old 09-09-2010, 04:59 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 45SSxb2
let me know how its going i wanted to do a car show at Suffolk im apart of campus activities board we plan events maybe we can do like a joint something
Ok sounds good im trying to fiqure out how i Want to do this with SBU lol
Old 09-09-2010, 05:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

i'm in
Old 09-25-2010, 07:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i ran my own car show last year at my dads auto body shop in holbrook it took me a year to plan everything including sponsors, food, etc. if you need any info let me know meguiars sponsored the show and sent me a lot of stuff to raffle off for everyone, i also have a site for trophies that are very reasonable, i ended up doing medals instead of trophies i wanted to be different then everyone else.. you also need staff to run it as well as judges .. it gets to be very very stressfull lol but def. hit me up if you need help my show was beyond organized i had a time set for everything between roll in, judging, and trophies etc. if you need judging sheets i have still from the show i kept everything because i was thinking about running another one near future