Notices
Regional - Northeast: BOS Metro Boston Metropolitan Area

advice on some shops?.....

Old 11-10-2008, 04:44 PM

Default advice on some shops?.....

Anybody know where some good paint shops are thatlly do the exterior and interior of my (mostly interior) car non-expensive of course im willing to throw down a couple hundred but im not trying to spend a thousand on it? I just wanted to tint my tail lights and paint my dash the waterfall (since i did it and it came out like crap) and i also wanted to have my seats airbrushed with a graphic?

any opinions would be great. . . ..
Old 11-10-2008, 06:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

if you want to do the entire exterior of your car, you wont get a decent paint job at all for just a couple hundred. however, if you want a nice quality paint job that cant be beaten by anyone in this entire area, call FCR Design in weymouth, ask to speak with Tony or Rob and tell them that Salik and Mike sent you - their number is 781-331-0113

they can do exterior paint, interior paint, airbrush, anything that you think of theyll do. plus tony has been doing this for years and he throws his own ideas into the mix which results in a really nice finished product... give em a call and see what they say. youll more than likely have to take your car in for them to look at it too

FCR did all the work on my car, and since then ive sent a lot of scions to them
Old 11-11-2008, 04:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: advice on some shops?.....

Originally Posted by Punisher_tC
good paint shops... willing to throw down a couple hundred but im not trying to spend a thousand

If you want good work, be prepared to spend more than a couple hundred. If not, then you will get what you pay for...
Old 11-12-2008, 02:44 PM

well it only cost me 300 for my bumper and that thing came out beautiful . The only thing that i really mostly into (which i probably worded the first thing wrong) is im trying to paint my dash and i just wanted to spray paint a graphic on my seat i mean i dont think that would cost A THOUSAND DOLLERS..... i was going to get the hood painted black but changed my mind till after winter.
Old 11-12-2008, 02:45 PM

oh and thanks for the advice zdawg ill make sure to call them up
Old 11-13-2008, 02:09 PM
SL Member

if u want graphics on the seat airbrushed go to lawrence! haha i know some kids who do sick airbrushing! cheap too! rodaniel.... let me know if u want more info
Old 11-14-2008, 06:17 AM

Yeah definately i know a couple kids from that way but yeah if you could get me some more info that would b great
Old 11-21-2008, 05:22 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by zdawg913
if you want to do the entire exterior of your car, you wont get a decent paint job at all for just a couple hundred. however, if you want a nice quality paint job that cant be beaten by anyone in this entire area, call FCR Design in weymouth, ask to speak with Tony or Rob and tell them that Salik and Mike sent you - their number is 781-331-0113

they can do exterior paint, interior paint, airbrush, anything that you think of theyll do. plus tony has been doing this for years and he throws his own ideas into the mix which results in a really nice finished product... give em a call and see what they say. youll more than likely have to take your car in for them to look at it too

FCR did all the work on my car, and since then ive sent a lot of scions to them
Do these guys fix body damage too? I never did fix the dent;/scrape on my TC from the minor accident last year and now it's really starting to bug me.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea they do there a body/custom shop
Old 01-01-2009, 08:08 PM

FCR has an awesome rep, and great service and personalities. My wife just had her window tinting done there. Plus Scion owners work there.
Old 01-01-2009, 10:15 PM

I recently had some paint work done by McNally and Sons Collision and Paint Center in Holbrook,AM... Super service, and came in about 75% lower than 3 other places. Especially if you're paying in CA$H.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:58 PM

I'm going to have to go there anybody got any info on about how much the front bumper will cost to paint
Old 01-02-2009, 01:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

the less you pay generally the less quality you get when it comes to autobody and paint work, just keep that in mind. not going to really say it more but go to FCR if you want quality stuff done, theres dozens of satisfied customers many of which are scion owners that can vouch for them. go check em out and say whats up to my car when you go there cuz its there haha
Old 01-02-2009, 01:59 PM
SL Member

Well I guess I'll be heading to FCR this weekend. I hit a snowbank this morning and my front bumper is all ____ed up.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well make sure to ask for tony and drop mine or saliks name
Old 01-02-2009, 02:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

yeah theyre open on weekends by appointment only, so give them a call at 781-331-0113 first and set up a weekend appointment if you cant go in during the week
Old 01-08-2009, 12:03 PM

how much would someone pay to have a badgeless garnish, like take it to body shop and have them take care of it........
Old 01-08-2009, 12:05 PM

reason why i specified taking it to body shop is because i didnt want someone thinking how much would you pay to "BUY" a badgeless garnish like ikona was doing it
Old 01-08-2009, 01:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

just call and find out. thats usually the best way...
Old 01-08-2009, 01:20 PM

I did but I mean i can buy a badgeless garnish off someone on one of the forums for 200, I got an estimate of about 600$, Im not trying to sound cheap ive got the money but I mean 600? Might as well just buy my exhaust and install it for 600

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: advice on some shops?.....