Regional - Northeast: BOS Metro Boston Metropolitan Area

Looking for fellow scion owners in BOS Metrowest/Worcester

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 11:25 PM
5 Year Member
Team ScioNRG

Default Looking for fellow scion owners in BOS Metrowest/Worcester

Hi everybody,

I just bought an 07 NBM tC, and was looking to get involved in a scion car club. Looks like there is a fine group of people who get together in Somerville MA but that is kinda far for me, and there doesn't seem to be many people from the metro west area involved? Correct me if I am wrong guys! =) Anyways, just looking for some fellow scion owners in the Worcester/Metrowest area.

Thanks Guys!
Old 01-16-2007, 01:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I'm not too far from Worcester... maybe bout 15 minutes or so...
Old 01-16-2007, 05:04 PM
5 Year Member
5 Year Member

I'm about 20 minutes east of you.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:17 PM
5 Year Member
Team ScioNRG

Do you guys go to any ScioNRG events/regular meets? or any other scion club meetings?
Old 01-17-2007, 01:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

WiitC2007 congrats on your new purchase! as far as scioNRG...i am not sure how many members we have in your area but the MA chapter does meet regularly. check out the BOS section here on SL & maybe one of the guys or gals from the MA chapter can help you out more regarding location :D
Old 01-17-2007, 05:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Welcome aboard Alex!
We DO usually meet up in Somerville, but also meet at other places too for different things! I have no problem setting up meets to accomodate other members, as long as its reasonable

Maybe we can brainstorm and see if we can schedule an event in or around your area
Anything cool in your area that would make for a fun meet???
Old 01-20-2007, 07:27 PM
5 Year Member
Team ScioNRG

Thanks for the offer TcKnight.

I know that worcester is a ways away from Somerville. Do you have any idea how many members are out this way? Is there a better thread to maybe discuss this on?

By the way, have had the tC for about 2 weeks now, and it is a blast of a car to drive. I have already started thinking of everything I could do to mod it down the road! =)
Old 01-20-2007, 08:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Welcome aboard! I represent Clair Scion who sponsors the MA chapter of NRG. We are located in Boston near the West Roxbury/ Newton line. If you need anything let me know. And once again glad to have you aboard!
Old 01-20-2007, 11:58 PM
5 Year Member
Team ScioNRG

Thanks clairscion_mike!

I really do appreciate the welcome!
Old 01-21-2007, 12:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I live in Sutton, just south of Worcester, but still go to the meets in Somerville. It's just about an hour drive, straight shot on the pike. To some that may seem a long way to go for a meet, but I work in Newton, so I drive an hour in and an hour out every day all week long - one extra time once a month doesn't bother me. Besides, this is a good group to hang with!
Old 01-21-2007, 12:27 AM
5 Year Member
Team ScioNRG

Yeah, this is true....

Just wondering if I would kinda be out of place due to the fact that I don't have any mods on my tC yet... its just a stock tC.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Not at all. It doesn't matter what you have for mods, that's not what it's about. It's a chance to hang out with people, who are all into Scions. Just like this site - don't know if you went on here a lot before you recently registered, but you'll find here too, it's a 'community', of many people with at least one common interest. Pretty much everybody is willing to help everybody else, answer questions, etc. Same with the club. Going to meets just takes it one step further, and gets you out face to face, instead of just talking to people on line. It took me a while before I started going to the meets too, cause I thought I'd feel out of place as well. I don't, and I'm glad I started going. And don't forget, everybody starts out stock - you won't be the only stock one there either. More importantly, no one cares if you have no mods, or a hundred mods anyway.
Old 01-24-2007, 01:22 AM
5 Year Member

Hey Guys I just picked up my 07 tC tonight at IRA and I was recommended to this forum by a friend of mine. Now I am a former Subaru owner, had a 04 wrx and an 06 STI but that was stolen 3 months after I had it, i've had the tC for a few hrs and i'm happy w/ my purchase.. its just going to be hard getting used to a slower car, but it sure does look sexy =)
Old 01-24-2007, 02:18 AM
5 Year Member
Team ScioNRG

Congrats on the new purchase! I am waiting to wash mine to post pictures... The sand and salt they put on the roads up here with the littlest bit of snow on the ground just don't make things look pretty on the side panels! =)

Where abouts in MA are you? Closer to Worcester or Boston?
Old 01-24-2007, 04:20 AM
5 Year Member

I'm 10 mins from boston, located in Saugus, so meeting in somerville or whenever they meet isn't that much of a problem for me just depends on wut night. Now I just need some modz =)
Old 02-07-2007, 02:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

FYI I am at Clark U right in Worcester... look for a boosted tC running around... I am hard to miss. Our school actually has an RS 1 owner and another blue tC. A delivery guy has a xb and I've talked with him and there is another xb and a couple xas running around. I am the only modded one ive seen tho.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:54 AM
5 Year Member
Team ScioNRG

Great to hear, I am in a NBM tC, and my wife, and sometimes I drive a black xA, I don't usually go down the way of Clark, but I am sometimes around the Blackstone Valley Shopping area (146). If there are more people around this area we should get together or at least go to the meets in Somerville together!
Old 02-08-2007, 01:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by TcKnight
Welcome aboard Alex!
We DO usually meet up in Somerville, but also meet at other places too for different things! I have no problem setting up meets to accomodate other members, as long as its reasonable

Maybe we can brainstorm and see if we can schedule an event in or around your area
Anything cool in your area that would make for a fun meet???
LOL david. your idea of reasonable is anywhere within 5 min of boston
Old 02-08-2007, 01:55 PM
5 Year Member

hey guys i want to join the Tc club. i live in boston. But i go to school in amherst, MA. can anyone give me infos on where to meet? and how to join the club. I have my TC since August. Thanks a lot guys!
Old 02-09-2007, 08:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I'd be up for something in the Worcester area; I usually have to drive for over 30 minutes to get to Somerville or Boston, so it's about the same for me. I've done Springfield, though, and that's no short drive; I remember coming home from a party in Springfield in September at 3 AM; there were tons of bugs splattered all over my tC's front end.

Quick Reply: Looking for fellow scion owners in BOS Metrowest/Worcester