Notices
Regional - Northeast: BOS Metro Boston Metropolitan Area

What would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 03:35 AM

Default What would you do?

So the dealer I am getting my 08 XB from has to get it from another dealer as I want a stick in BlackBerry. He tells me on a Tuesday that he found one and it should only be a day or 2.
I get a call on Thursday that the car came in but had a scuff on the bumper and it went to the body shop to get painted and it wont be done till Monday. Sounded fishy to me right away.
I weasle my way into the body shop and find my new car with the whole bumper off and the right front fender off and I also notice the door handle has been removed from the passenger side door.(maybe for painting purposes ?)
I didn't see any glaring structual damage but i don't know body work.
I bring this to the salesman and he's telling me about cars in crowded lots get dings and dents all the time and he will find out eaxtly what it was.
Im obviously worried about getting a brand new car thats already had body work.

What would you DO?
Old 02-19-2008, 04:13 AM
Trader
SL Member

I would say no thank you and go somewhere else. With the pure pricing thats the good thing. That would definitely freak me out too. Probably fell off the truck getting delivered or something LOL. But I would go find it somewhere else.
Old 02-19-2008, 01:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

yes... you have lots of options in mass... i could recommend you scion champs that would take care of you 100%... like our lovely sponsor, scion of weymouth.. (= PM if you like and I can give you details of names and numbers.
Old 02-19-2008, 02:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Defiantely go somewhere else....
Old 02-19-2008, 02:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if the paperwork isnt done, get it from someone else or ask them to locate another vehicle. if the paperwork is complete (i know where I worked in order for us to locate a car you had to put a non-refundable deposit on it) have them fix it and either ask for an extended warranty or roadblock/autobahnd/whatever they use. you def. can get free stuff out of them
Old 02-19-2008, 03:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I wouldnt worry about it hes right new cars do get dings and scarches. Sometimes when they get to port they already have a few and they fix them but they can also get them on the trailers too. Its standard procedure for them to fix it. You should not get charged for it.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

get free stuff!!! (= clear bra or something...
Old 02-19-2008, 03:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

yeah clear bra is nice i got one only problem i had with it was i never dryed my car so i got dirty water spots burnt into it but its more noticeable on a white car
Old 02-19-2008, 04:02 PM
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i had the same issue with my tc when i went to buy it at portsmouth. it had a rooster tail spray of scrapes down the drivers(looked like someone lit up the tires in a rock quarry) and i told them to get me another one,they said they coukld fix it but that meant buffing the hell out of it and having next to no clear on that side and i didnt want it so after some back and forth they got me another one
Old 02-19-2008, 05:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

never knew about that happenen to you great that you got another one jammy... can't wait to see your ride this year!
Old 02-21-2008, 03:43 AM

Well I called the dealer and told him I really didn't want the one that was in the shop.
He called back a little later and said not problem and they had already located one for me. They were very willing to do this to my supprise. Now I just want to get into it and get rolling.

Thanks for all the input
Old 02-21-2008, 02:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

They are totally giving you the run around. We have a Blackberry here if you were thinking of going somewhere else. Be sure to ckeck my reviews on the dealer section to see how my other customers have been 100% satisified with the service they have recieved here.
Old 02-21-2008, 03:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I've been hearing a lot of prime commercials on the radio... how's the transition going?
Old 02-21-2008, 03:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Its going well so far. I am planning a 4 month event that is going to be held at the dealership very soon. Ill definitey post up the details as soon as i get it approved. Hows everything going with your transition to Weymouth. Mike is a great guy.
Old 02-21-2008, 03:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Mike and Weymouth has been treating us very well so far. The communications has been great and they have a lot planned this year.

so you have one event that will be 4 mths long? that one hell of a party... hahaha.... def let us know sounds interesting.

Do you guys still have our best team trophies? I need to find time or a member to pick them up soon so we have them for shows...
Old 02-21-2008, 04:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

YUP. I still have them displayed here in the showroom. Maybe Salik will stop by. Hes pretty close to me.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member

i would not buy it...try getting another one!!
Old 03-11-2008, 05:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by primescion_mike
YUP. I still have them displayed here in the showroom. Maybe Salik will stop by. Hes pretty close to me.
my car is in the shop for a few days, i dont know when ill have it back so right now im car-less otherwise id come pick the trophies up. having some exhaust and suspension issues i need to get cleared up.... so ill see what i can do as far as picking the trophies up, maybe borrow a friends car and come by otherwise tam can you get them next week
Old 03-11-2008, 08:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

even if papers are signed if you havent taken delivery of the car you can rip those papers up. no problem. go some where else thats fcked up