SL Member

Default about norcal (my opinion)

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
Old 11-21-2005, 08:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Hey Jaime.. sorry to hear about your bad experience but while some of us might be around to compete.. I think most people just want to be around other Scion owners. Speaking for myself.. I just want to see what others have done to their cars and just hang out with people. Yeah, its hard to be friendly.. especially when we don't know each other. I met ya at Precision Muffler.. on our way to Scion Night II.. I think you were with your family. I was there with my boyfriend and should have been more talkative and I wish I was but i'm shy.. takes a bit to get me talkin'

Hope you dont stay away from the events.. Maybe we should get somethin' going on this side of the bay. Most events are in San Jose or in the North bay.. nothing in this area.. like Watsonville or Gilroy..

See ya around
Old 11-21-2005, 09:35 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

hi norma
yes i remember you, and yes im little bit shy too, and is because i cant exprees myself
my english vocabulary is very short

actually i never had a bad experience with norcal ( just 2 people treat me like &%$#@ even i see one of those try to desinfect his car after i touch it but i dont care)
is just i think any car club or society it must be like a family
brother helping brothers
i been reading many bad post about norcal, where people is against others and I believe that it is not a healthful atmosphere
Old 11-21-2005, 03:36 PM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Default Re: about norcal (my opinion)

I guess myself and a few other people aren't the only ones who see this:

Originally Posted by jaimecosio
hi everyone
after a read some post about norcal these is what i think
i been maybe in 3 or 4 events with norcal scion // i notice something like squirrel said //about people against people // i think everybody forgot what (event,car show, or whatever)means
i feel like people worry more to add stuff to their cars , make money on the events or win a trophie instead of say hi to the friends, or to have o good time with the family ,
did you guys think i drive sometimes 3 hours to the events just to win trophie ( iknow a place where i can buy a big one x $ 20) I know I cannot compete with those guys with their own companies, sponsor ,business
when i go to the events is just to meet people, to learn a little bit more about these cars,
even when im not a NOR*CAl scion, or i dont pay to no body to belong a club(i dont know what is the benefits for belong to any club other than waste your money)
i just want to say thanks to everybody who meet me i had a good time most of the times and thanks understand that my english is very basic and most times i cant express my opinion clearly
maybe im going to be away for the events cuz i dont like to compete
thanks everyone

jc
I know of only a handful of people who actually walk around an event and actually say HI to peeps. And yes I can count that high because I don't even think its double digits.

No wonder myself and a few others don't have the enthusiasm anymore.

And peeps have the nerve to say I'm the one causing drama!?! I'm trying to get things back the way it was.

I guess only a handful of peeps read my ENTIRE post or read any of it at all.

And yes Jaime, I agree w/ you 100%. I dn't have a 3 hour drive, but like Brian also, I usually always have at least an hour drive one way.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

I have been in Scion Evo since March 05'. I first joined BCS when I got my Scion a little over a year ago and I will miss the original mix, but stuff happens.

I like, no I LOVE , doing events for everyone in Nor Cal charity or otherwise. I try to get the opinions of everyone I talk to, but during the events I am usually juggling too much to say "HI" to everyone. If there is something that can be done differently let me know. I am open for suggestions or I can explain my reasons for doing or not doing things.

I only started doing the trophies because it draws more people and at a dealership event you need butts in the seats to make it successful in the eyes of the dealership (why lie it's the TRUTH) and give them a reason to do more events.

What else would you like to see done at a car event, I would like to know. Maybe if I could get a little more help during the events I could make it around to meet everybody, and get even more ideas. I remember faces, but often forget names I am sorry if I don't remember your names right away. There are people that go to alot of the same events as me and those are the people I remember the most.

Sorry for the long thread but I have alot in my head right now.
Old 11-21-2005, 07:00 PM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Robert,

You don't need to change anything. You did everything right at the Dublin Toyota event for the right reasons.

Some people have changed because they want to only do what will benefit them the most and not for everyone's best interest.

Unfortunately, people come to me, because they know I wil speak up about a problem, and then I get all of the blame for the stirrig the pot.

I don't need to stand on a pedastal to toot my horn, but for tohers, they NEED to have recognition. I could care less about recognition, just want to make sure my friends are taken care of.

Some may ask, "Well, what does squirrel want?"

I want things to go back to the way they were BEFORE Exposed and all of the issues that have been brought up after thrown to the curb. But I know it won't happen because some people have EGOs that drive their life and that's all they know.

BUT, I know it won't when certain few folks, who were considered friends, are trying to take me out of the equation, and make sure that they can do everything in their power to ruin me.

Not just here on Scion Life, but on other forums, and in public at events.

My, my, my, how some people forget who has helped who along the way, and asked for no recognition.

I guess it's all because "they were nothing before the car, and will be nothing after the car".

Originally Posted by XBbarkeeper
I have been in Scion Evo since March 05'. I first joined BCS when I got my Scion a little over a year ago and I will miss the original mix, but stuff happens.

I like, no I LOVE , doing events for everyone in Nor Cal charity or otherwise. I try to get the opinions of everyone I talk to, but during the events I am usually juggling too much to say "HI" to everyone. If there is something that can be done differently let me know. I am open for suggestions or I can explain my reasons for doing or not doing things.

I only started doing the trophies because it draws more people and at a dealership event you need butts in the seats to make it successful in the eyes of the dealership (why lie it's the TRUTH) and give them a reason to do more events.

What else would you like to see done at a car event, I would like to know. Maybe if I could get a little more help during the events I could make it around to meet everybody, and get even more ideas. I remember faces, but often forget names I am sorry if I don't remember your names right away. There are people that go to alot of the same events as me and those are the people I remember the most.

Sorry for the long thread but I have alot in my head right now.
Old 11-21-2005, 07:05 PM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

And by "right", I mean you greeted folks, advised them where to register and buy raffle tickets, made sure people ate and there was enuff food, and ALSO got a TON of prizes for the raffle.

Its been a while since the person who coordinated an event actually went around and greeted folks.
Old 11-21-2005, 07:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i agree jc....no me mama's way.. if thats how you say it ..lol...i was going to come up and say hi to ya but iwas allready in a bad mood and just wanted to go home .ill talk to ya at the next one
Old 11-21-2005, 07:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

People have seen how Dublin went down and have either asked for my help or asked questions. I truely think the events next year are going to be a better calibur.

Gordon seems to have a grasp on some ideas for next year and I hope they come to light soon. NorCalScions.com is going to set the pace for 2006 I think the rest of us that want to do events are going to have to set the bar high.

Some of the areas that interest me for 2006 are:
Santa Cruz, Daly City, San Rafael, Concord, Fremont, and Alameda. We need to spread the love.

Toys for Tots is going to Nor Cal next year and I need to finish my promise to Angela and do some animal charity stuff. Also, Oakland Children's Hospital should be on our list.
If you have a charity you want to do let me know and I will arrange something.
Old 11-21-2005, 07:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I totally agree.
Old 11-21-2005, 07:27 PM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Can you organize a few events in South Carolina next year so I can attend?
Old 11-21-2005, 07:29 PM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by x_rayted711
I totally agree.
CONGRATS btw!

Old 11-21-2005, 07:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Holy cow that's kind of far
Old 11-21-2005, 07:31 PM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Holy cow that's kind of far
Just thought I'd ask. But we'll see how the arm goes first.
Old 11-21-2005, 07:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

You find me the place to stay and the rental car and I'll see what I can do........
Old 11-21-2005, 08:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Trophies and raffles shouldn't be the only reason people go to meets at dealerships. Look at the meet we had at Stevens Creek Scion at the beginning of this year. The parking lot (though somewhat small) was packed with people and cars. There wasn't even enough room to move a car out but noone cared because it was all about hanging out and having a good time. There were no trophies. I don't even think there was a raffle.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks Squirrel! My mug getting "arrested" on the homepage of ScionLife....Priceless! LOL.
Dewmerz, you are correct. Prizes and trophies aren't or shouldn't be the only reason to go to meets, but it does help! I wish there were more meets with less 'competitive' things going down. I won't be going to ANY shows for awhile...unless Squirrel needs a tagalong and someone to hang with in SC. I'm there for you bro (if my wife and I happen to be passing through, that is)!
Old 11-21-2005, 11:44 PM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by x_rayted711
Thanks Squirrel! My mug getting "arrested" on the homepage of ScionLife....Priceless! LOL.
Dewmerz, you are correct. Prizes and trophies aren't or shouldn't be the only reason to go to meets, but it does help! I wish there were more meets with less 'competitive' things going down. I won't be going to ANY shows for awhile...unless Squirrel needs a tagalong and someone to hang with in SC. I'm there for you bro (if my wife and I happen to be passing through, that is)!
Yeah, I have to get thru the arm surgery first. So we'll see.

Man, I wish I would have been working. I would have done that pic for you!
Old 11-22-2005, 01:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

I don't know why I am posting, but felt I had to put in my 2 cents...

I go to NorCal meets to meet new people as well as hang out with those who I already know. It's my time to get away from the house for a bit and enjoy my friends and yes, I do call those Scion Peeps my friends. When I go to events I try and say hi to everyone, I'm the one who wants to meet everyone and get to know everyone.

My car is not fixed up (due to financial reasons) and I only do what I can afford at that time. I don't do it for trophies, money, etc. I do it because I like the modding part of it all and it's so much fun to share with everyone. Plus, I don't show (for obvious reasons, but I will when the time is right), and I go to the events/meets to show mad love and support for the Scion Peeps that do.

That's just me and I have met a lot of friendly people at meets. I'm sorry that you have had a bad experience, I hope you change your mind about future meets/events.

Peace!

P.S. - Happy Birthday, Norma!!
Old 11-22-2005, 02:21 AM
5 Year Member

People have seen how Dublin went down and have either asked for my help or asked questions. I truely think the events next year are going to be a better calibur.

Gordon seems to have a grasp on some ideas for next year and I hope they come to light soon. NorCalScions.com is going to set the pace for 2006 I think the rest of us that want to do events are going to have to set the bar high.

Some of the areas that interest me for 2006 are:
Santa Cruz, Daly City, San Rafael, Concord, Fremont, and Alameda. We need to spread the love.

Toys for Tots is going to Nor Cal next year and I need to finish my promise to Angela and do some animal charity stuff. Also, Oakland Children's Hospital should be on our list.
If you have a charity you want to do let me know and I will arrange something.
hey robert we had a great time at the dublin meet ,,,,,,,,,keep up the good work.I know gordon is working hard on some ideas for new meets for everyone,oh and by the way its NORCALSCION.COM and i hope everyone and i mean everyone can make it to are New Years party,,,,,,,,,,,,,everyone is welcome

Quick Reply: about norcal (my opinion)