California Highway Patrol Guinea Pig

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 04:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Default California Highway Patrol Guinea Pig

so how many people has ever gotten pulled over for the sole reason of the law enforcement training a rookie? me myself i've gotten pulled over 3 times including today. i was driving along minding my own business when the C.H.P. decides to pull me over and nail me for everything. from tinted windows, ride height, intake , exhaust, u name it, i got nabbed for it. he was training a rook and decided i would be one of his lessons. after about 15 minutes, he decides to let me go with a "warning". damn cops, don't they have anything better to do. and they wonder y people hate them so much.
Old 06-17-2006, 04:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well, be glad that you got a warning instead of a training ticket. i haven't got pulled over so far, and I don't plan of getting pulled over anytime soon. That is why I plan to keep my ride as stock as it can be, or look stock that is.
Old 06-17-2006, 04:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

They can ticket you for ride height?
Old 06-17-2006, 04:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^ Wow I didn't know that either.
Old 06-17-2006, 04:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by theblue
Any alteration to stock is technically a violation...........
Old 06-17-2006, 05:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I don't see a point to that law, good job california.
Old 06-17-2006, 05:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

ride height is measured by ur headlights. the middle section of ur headlights has to be at least 22 inches off the ground. most law enforcement carry with them measuring tape to measure ur ride if they decide to ticket u for that reason.
Old 06-17-2006, 05:40 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

http://www.chp.ca.gov/html/streetlegal.html
Old 06-17-2006, 05:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

yea its your main lights like he said 22 inches off the ground...

Funny thing is I called pulled over when coming back from washington right as I passed into the cali border... The CHP guy told me that Rosseti the fremont cop is the one teaching the classes now through out all of cali. Rosseti is one of the biggest jerks of a cop you will ever meet. So look out people its only getting worse.
Old 06-18-2006, 04:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by theblue
Yes they can, but make sure you nkow your car before the fix-it, if you do get one, Since im majoring in law heres the specific CA VC law (California Vehicle COde)

VC 24008.5 (C) The Lowest portion of the body floor shall not be more than five inches above the top of the frame
, or basically the bottom of the car cannot be lower than the bottom of the rim.

sucks, yes. but its the law. as long as your not drivin with cut springs or do retarded stuff and heat up your springs to "lower" it then youll be fine, even with real springs
Old 06-18-2006, 04:21 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yup, that's what was in my link above...
Illegal...

* Lowered frame (or any other part) that is lower than the lowest point of the wheel rim (24008 VC).
:D
Old 06-18-2006, 08:47 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

the ones that are easiest to hit for being "too low" are trucks that use blocks to lower the rear. I heard a story a while back ago about a chp officer that would pull over mini trucks and let the air out of the tires. If your car was touching the ground you got a ticket and two flat tires and if he was wrong you still got two flat tires.
Old 06-19-2006, 04:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

So Rosetti is training other cops on what to look for with mods? I guess since he seems to know everything that people might do to their cars and has probably wracked up the most tickets of any cop in CA.

I thought the original point of all the attention on street racers was to stop accidents right? So you target the people who look like they might be trying to race because of the profile. And when you find someone who fits the profile, you nail em for everything they've changed on the car.

So what can we do? We have to change the profile! We need to have street racing rules that you can only race cars that look bone-stock on the outside. No more neons, no more giant coffee can exhaust tips (Sorry Gabe). No more missing front plates. No more limo-tinted front side windows. No more fancy wheels. No more crazy paint jobs. No more sponsorship stickers. Internal modifications only. NOTHING you can see from the outside. That'll stop the cops from bothering people who have externally modified cars right? Right? RIGHT!

Just remember, it's all about the $afety of the public.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by etli
So Rosetti is training other cops on what to look for with mods? I guess since he seems to know everything that people might do to their cars and has probably wracked up the most tickets of any cop in CA.

I thought the original point of all the attention on street racers was to stop accidents right? So you target the people who look like they might be trying to race because of the profile. And when you find someone who fits the profile, you nail em for everything they've changed on the car.

So what can we do? We have to change the profile! We need to have street racing rules that you can only race cars that look bone-stock on the outside. No more neons, no more giant coffee can exhaust tips (Sorry Gabe). No more missing front plates. No more limo-tinted front side windows. No more fancy wheels. No more crazy paint jobs. No more sponsorship stickers. Internal modifications only. NOTHING you can see from the outside. That'll stop the cops from bothering people who have externally modified cars right? Right? RIGHT!

ed,

you just jjjjelost why because your tc is till in stock...
Old 06-20-2006, 01:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by bench
Originally Posted by etli

ed,

you just jjjjelost why because your tc is till in stock...
Old 06-20-2006, 04:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Uh.... ok ?
Old 06-20-2006, 04:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

anyone else scratching their head at that one? lol
Old 06-20-2006, 07:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Scion Evolution

CA sux for that
Old 06-20-2006, 08:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

well what hes saying is that ed wants everyone to be stock he he wont feel left out (not true btw) and then the owned picture is for ed who apparently got owned from the post.

thats all

haha i just am "stock" because of other reasons besids CHP who are just jerks around here.. gah... you should get him for profiling

and yes quinn im throwing out the asian card. its my right as an asian american!
Old 06-21-2006, 08:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

yea, that chp was retarded, y was he askin me "where did u get the engine from"? i said "................uh toyota. i jus bought the car last august." i think he actually thought i swapped in another motor. what a dumaas. like i said if he knew wtf he was talkin about i wouldn't have even got that mad.

Quick Reply: California Highway Patrol Guinea Pig