Notices
Regional - Pacific Mid CA, NV

my dog's ride into BOS3

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 05:49 AM
SL Member

Default my dog's ride into BOS3

taken from the guys @ clublexus.com

my baby boy Boogey riding and showing off at BOS3...it really was an awesome day!!
Old 06-27-2007, 04:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

How cute! Is the other dog in the background also yours? If so, is that dog a skateboarder too?
Old 06-28-2007, 04:56 AM
SL Member

aww thanks!

yah..they both belong to my boyfriend and I..and yes, we put her, Fa Fa on a skateboard too...she actually used her leg to pedal but i have yet to get a clip of that from my cousin. Boogey just kinda stood and rode out the downhill...so proud of him...2 back surgeries and still riding strong
Old 07-03-2007, 08:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Your dog, after 2 back surgeries can still ride a skateboard better than I can!
Old 07-03-2007, 08:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Awsome, How old are your dogs? Just curious cause of the back surgeries. I have a 3 month old Mini Daschund.

And awsome to see him riding a board
Old 07-04-2007, 07:11 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by tCTaco
Awsome, How old are your dogs? Just curious cause of the back surgeries. I have a 3 month old Mini Daschund.

And awsome to see him riding a board
Boogey who is on the board turned 6 and our lil girl Fa Fa in the background turned 4.

Fa Fa luckily has no surgeries. Boogey on the other hand had his first surgery when he turned 3 and had his second surgery at 3 1/2.

I personally think Boogey being lower to the floor and chunkier just made him more prone to having back problems. Doc's word was that his parents probably had the "bad" gene. Breeders now a days have tried to eleminate the "bad" gene, but there are those careless, unhumane breeders who just want money and can care less about the puppies. So I think we just got unlucky and was not very smart about finding a good breeder. Don't get me wrong, I LOVEEEEEEE my boy, but it is a pain and a heartbreak to have to see him go through what he did...

try to prevent your pup from jumping up and down, climbing stairs or doing tricks that would strain the back...even though your pup might not look like it's got a weak back...straining it only makes it weaker...

but if you ever run into any probs that require any expensive treatment...keep an eye out for CareCredit. it's a credit card program that allows you to charge up to a good amount once approved and they give you certain amount of time to pay back with no interest! and if you decide on getting pet insurance like from VPI...make sure you enroll your pup soon, because once back probs start to happen, they exclude any treatment that may have to do with your pup's back.

GOOD LUCK with your pup...and post some pics! i would love to see him/her
Old 07-06-2007, 05:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Thanks for the info...Its hard to keep her from jumping and playing. She has a crazy personality. At first I thought she was just teething when I got her, but My mother inlaw bought two of her brothers and when they get together all she does is bully them around. The brothers are calm and just want to be petted. Mine, when you try to pet her, she just wants to bite, of course she is just playing but shes crazy.

I will post up some pics latter
Old 07-07-2007, 11:38 PM
SL Member

oh man..i know what you mean bout the jumping...our lil girl does that...its so annoying..we were told just to ignore her so she'll get the idea...but nope...she's always jumping still..but look on the brighter side...at least she doesn't pee when she's excited...ours do.