Notices
Regional - Pacific Mid CA, NV

Outbound Adventure Scions

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 04:17 PM
SL Member

Default Outbound Adventure Scions

Alright... I'm sure many of you who were interested in what my idea of the new "Independent Scions" group was supposed to be, were left wondering why I had that thread deleted.

After some heated debate over something I felt was not the principle of the point behind my idea I have decided to go forth with my idea under a new brand. Granted this name is unfortunately longer than the original... but it does reflect much more succinctly my idea of what this group would do. Something outbound... something adventurous... something FUN!

Without further ado I am now announcing Outbound Adventure Scions: where the goal is to get like-minded people (of any and all club/creeds) together to go DO something!

Possible things to DO:

Restaurant Hunting: (This I attribute to my good friend Ed, who decided to share his favorite eateries with all of us) So we can continue this fashion by finding a great new place to eat once a month. Or every other month. I don't want to break anyone's bank!

Movie Hop: Where we get a group together to fill a theatre and enjoy a movie.. or (in the likely case) we can't all agree on 1 movie... we break off into groups to see what we want. But I think it would be great if someone posted up "Hey I'm going to see this on this date... who wants to go?"

Hiking: There are some WONDERFUL places within very shorts drives around the Bay Area to go hiking. Good exercise, great views.. and any of you hobbyist photographers would love this as well!

Indoor Skydiving: iFly SF Bay in Union City looks like an awesome place to go have some fun at! I know there are already people around here who've done it... so tell us how much fun you had!

Park/Picnic Outings. : This is pretty self-explanatory. As the weather gets warmer lets gather round a different location to enjoy the weather, have fun... we could find places with volleyball nets, baseball diamonds.. etc so everyone can do something active.

Sightseeing Day Trips: Want to play tourist for a day? Let's do it! Fisherman's Wharf? Pier 39? Disneyland... ( Our beloved Jacki is doing Disneyland right now!) wherever!

Scenic Drives: This says it all. Under this would fall the wonderful Apple Hill Run, A drive out to Half Moon Bay. A PCH run! Skyline Blvd... (for any of you who also ride Motorcycles the Skyline one would be great for you!)... we could end up at Alice's Restaurant.

Adventure Activities: This is something you may have always wanted to do, but needed moral support or always said you wouldn't do it without someone. For me.. that means ACTUAL skydiving. I have ALWAYS wanted to do this! This could also mean Hang gliding, or Parasailing, water-skiing, jet-skiing, kayaking, skiing, snowboarding... etc.

Simple Exercise/Group Exercise: Want to get a group of people together to do a spin class? Yoga? Kickboxing? Wii Fit? <-- looovvvee that one! heheh Want to go for a walk/jog/run? As I had said I am doing the Breast Cancer 3 Day walk in October, and I plan on doing the Bay To Breakers in May. So if anyone would like to do these things with me, or train with me... the more the merrier!

These are just ideas and thoughts for activities. I know that everyone is having to be frugal with their money as the economic times are definitely tough. I'm not advocating doing these things every week or every weekend or even once a month. I want everyone to feel like they can organize any event like this.

Welcome to Outbound Adventure Scions. :D
Old 02-27-2009, 04:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

YAY for Outbound Adventure Scions! You know I'm up & down for anything. You have my full support ! Yay for Quinneeee :D
Old 02-27-2009, 07:16 PM
SL Member

Thanks Jacki & Gabe!

See you tonight at Palo Alto Gabe... Jacki I hope you're having a freakin AWESOME time in Disneyland.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:43 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

sounds good quin! I'm up for doing stuff.

David
Old 02-27-2009, 10:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

you caught my attention with disneyland! lol i already use my annual pass at least once a month i'd love to go with more peeps. theres several socal balliztik members that have annual passes as well. im down for hiking as well. lately my camera might as well be surgically attached to me hahaha.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:25 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Yellow_Sub
you caught my attention with disneyland! lol i already use my annual pass at least once a month i'd love to go with more peeps. theres several socal balliztik members that have annual passes as well. im down for hiking as well. lately my camera might as well be surgically attached to me hahaha.
I saw Disneyland too and it perked my interest! I am interested.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Disneyland sucks!!! j/k!
Old 02-28-2009, 04:14 AM
SL Member

LOL! I haven't been to Disneyland in well over a decade, and I've only ever been once. All I can say is it's too damned expensive! LOL
Old 02-28-2009, 05:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

well, if you think about, its not really that expensive (if you get an annual pass and go there everyday). hehehe...
Old 02-28-2009, 08:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LMAO so OFF TOPIC JAMES! While we're off topic, yes, my uncle's camera was attached to me today [Friday], but it was attached to Will yesterday [Thursday]. THE HAT TOMORROW [Saturday]. I'm exhausted.

Back on topic... uhh YAY FOR QUINN. LOL.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Originally Posted by jBug_LOVE
LMAO so OFF TOPIC JAMES! While we're off topic, yes, my uncle's camera was attached to me today [Friday], but it was attached to Will yesterday [Thursday]. THE HAT TOMORROW [Saturday]. I'm exhausted.

Back on topic... uhh YAY FOR QUINN. LOL.
you eat at the hat with out me imma kill you ROFL and have fun pooing in like 20 min after eating it hahah
Old 02-28-2009, 03:02 PM
SL Member

Ok... that's it.. back on topic people. LMAO
Old 02-28-2009, 06:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

sorry buuut one more off topic note for those that dont know disneyland has a promo this year where you get in free on your birthday. if you already have an annual pass then you get a free $69 gift card
Old 03-01-2009, 04:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks to James for being OFF topic... adding to that. THANKS TO WILL 2day park hopper for me was $25 . YAY.
OH & James. I DID go to The Hat... SUCKA. Yummy chili cheese fries. & Sorry, my stomach isn't like yours!

Originally Posted by Yellow_Sub
sorry buuut one more off topic note for those that dont know disneyland has a promo this year where you get in free on your birthday. if you already have an annual pass then you get a free $69 gift card
BACK ON TOPIC... so Quinn, what have you brainstorm to be the first outing? I do have free indoor go-karting. It's like a free one practice race session or something like that. I'll show you the next time I see you. I have 18 & probably get more if I ask my friend 'cause he works there.

& yay for Quinn & Outbound Adventure Scion !
Old 03-01-2009, 04:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you should all come up to wisconsin and visit held's. (family's meat market)

Some free beef jerky and cheese curds waiting for everyone we do it best in wisconsin.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Apocalypse
SL Member

A nice cruise well planned out would be nice... I know I can get the club together Quinn. We will always support you... Always good to have more things to do with friends.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:20 PM
SL Member

Well right now I am sick sick sick.. so the planning of the first meet will have to wait a week or so until I can get this out of my system. Nothing like a hacking cough to scare people away. LOL

Jacki I LOVE the indoor go karting thing, I had a blast doing that at the one in Fremont the last time we were out there.

Keith- I think a cruise would be a very cool idea, but we'd have to start re-searching now to get some sort of group rate. As everyones funds are tight.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OHHHHHHH cruise... I'm thinking Disneyland Cruise! HAHA. I seriously didn't wanna come home. I was literally re-thinking of extending my stay.

I can help with the research if necessary !
Old 03-24-2009, 06:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey, Quinn. Have you been to the California Academy of Sciences after they reopened? I loved it! I recommend getting a group together for that.

Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach is quite nice too. Or you can get a group together and go to Disneyland and visit me =P There is Sea World and the San Diego Zoo and the San Diego Wild Animal park in San Diego. There is a nice hiking place in SD that I know of.

Oh, how about touring the Jelly Belly factory? I haven't been there yet, but my sister has and she brought back a bunch of deformed jelly beans. Oh! If you ever go to the Ren Faire, count me in! I've never been to that too, and would love to experience it for my first time with friends!

hehe.. I'm just throwing ideas out so there are some choices when we hit a brain block and can't think of anything.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How about we plan a day with a HUGE group & go to SoCal & be on Price Is Right. The bigger the group, the guarantee entrance! LOL.

I say we go to Jelly Belly Factory with Melissa one weekend while she's up here .

Quick Reply: Outbound Adventure Scions