Notices
Regional - Pacific Mid CA, NV

WINDOW SMASHED

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 06:07 PM
SL Member

Default WINDOW SMASHED

So this morning i get woken up to my wife saying that the police are here and my car window is broken. I ran down stairs and sure enough. WINDOW SMASHED in and my TOMTOM navi stolen. The police took all the information and gave me a card with his name and badge number along with the case number. I'll probably follow-up with them and see if they have any information on who did it or if there has been any other break-ins around the same time period. all i have to say about this is SOB!!!!!!!!

Please feel free to tell your stories about your car being broken into.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Sorry to hear that Jeff, I remember your Navi when I was doing your LED swap.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that sucks big time, when we first moved into our new place off Montague were being told not to leave any devices or even mounts to devices like gps in our cars because someone was going around and breaking windows to take them. friggin dirtbags.

I had my rear window smashed on my box the first month or two after i bought it in 05, they were new back then and windows were rare costing me like just under my $500 deductible at like 450. The most aggrivating part about it was that i had just bought it and i had thrown my old speaker box in there, it took up almost the entire cargo area and was one of those two subs facing eachother at 45 degrees with a plexi window in front, well anyways i worked graveyard then and went to a friend of a friends apartment across the street from fresno state to hang out before work, i left a little before midnight and saw a beer bottle sitting on my hood, i got annoyed and took it off and started to drive to work when i noticed the road noise was louder than usual, and i looked back and my rear window was gone. the freaking aholes didnt even take anything, apparently they just wanted to bust in the window of the brand new car and leave, friggin douchebags. I was so ____ed and i couldnt do anything because i had to be at work at 12:15.

i also had a ____ty chevy nova in high school(no not the cool muscle novas, the dumpy 80s encono box) and i had just gotten a set of creative 5.1 speakers i bought with christmas money, and then realized i could have spent my money on better things so i left them in my car to return after school. well i got to return to a brick on my passenger seat and shattered glass everywhere (which is impossible to get 100% rid of) i went to the cop we had on campus and basically told me "i could file a report but nothings going to happen, so im not going to."

so my heart goes out to you and your poor scion, its a waste, all of it, you gotta pay to replace the window, pay to replace the gps, and you get be that guy driving around with either a broken window or a plastic bag on thier window until you can get it fixed.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:33 PM
SL Member

Thanks for the sympathy. Luckily i am on vacation till the end of the month and was able to get it fixed today. it's been fixed now for about two hours. I only have to take it and get the tinting redone on it. They weren't able to match it exactly. At the end of all of this i will be out $245.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

DOOD that sucks! There HAS been a lot of break in's in the south bay area. Sorry you have to be a victim of it. Sympathies. I've had my car broken into before & had my favorite stuff stolen. So I know how you feel.
Old 06-07-2009, 04:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

aww man that sucks so bad! Same thing happened to me a year ago, some idiots smashed my passenger window and took my deck. Worst thing was that the one night I forget to take the face off it gets stolen. Bastards scratched up the whole dash and everything trying to pry it out, I had it installed in the oven part which usually hides it if I take the faceplate off.

I feel your pain my man!
Old 06-07-2009, 05:02 AM
SL Member

one of the worst things is, i have a viper alarm. Trung is coming by sunday to install it.
Old 06-07-2009, 05:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this is the reason you leave nothing that is easily stealable in sight when you leave your vehicle parked even at your house. Time to do a double din nav = P, but yeah it sucks that there are people out there that are too lazy to work for a real income and have to steal from someone else