Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 11:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default 1 2 3.....

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ok.. feel better...sorta..... almost awake even.. think i may just be "cough cough" sick tomorrow.... so flipping boring... WOOT isnt helping either......

back to your regularly scheduled programs
Old 08-18-2006, 12:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol, got to work today and they had been without power all day, then its the time spent powering up and making sure things are working, blah, blah, blah. Sitting around on our butts all day doing nothing, shoulda brought some DVD's, lol.
Old 08-18-2006, 05:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well I got home at 12am got up at 430 for fishing got home at 12 slept till 2 changed the oil went to sleep at 430 got up at 6 made dinner now I am so TIREDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD lol
Old 08-18-2006, 05:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

you guys

i work 3 18 hour day and 2 15 hour days a week for the rat.....

im dead posting right now
Old 08-18-2006, 10:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im working a 14 hr shift today. at least i get to drive my car all day
Old 08-19-2006, 05:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

i think its the starbucks, you guys up there are really messed up
Old 09-01-2006, 09:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

nope...didnt work.. still sleepy, bored.. and cant leave work..... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaa
Old 09-01-2006, 10:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

soo..... odd little story from work....
and for those who dont know, i work for Qwest in there repair dept.
*phone rings*
me "qwest repair, this is kekai.... "

caller " i have line in xxyy oregon that has no dial tone"

me " ok... whats the number or circuit id?"

caller " its 555-1234"

me " ok hold on while i look that up..... hmm ok its not a design ckt let me pull up billing info to see if its a regular 'POTS' line (plain old telephone, non-dsl)"

caller waits....

me" ok.. well i see it here.. looks like its in a pending status.."

caller " oh you know they sent some 1 out yesterday on it... it was supposed to be installed this week... "

me "yup looks like its a new account.. they did send some1 out but not sure what they did or didnt do, but the account is still marked as pending.."

caller "you know.. i wonder if this isnt turned up yet... i think i'll call the phone company to see whats going on.... "

me "uhhhh.... yeah per billing records looks like its been delayed for some reason... not sure why"

caller "ok.. well thanks for your help, i'll call the phone company to see whats up.. thanks... "
*click*

ok... now.. .while im pulling up her info, verify the address, even looking at billing, who the heck does she think she reached? the shoe store?? i mean.. i have all that info... unless i'm at some secret govt agency...

any who.. thought i'd share that odd story
Old 09-01-2006, 11:33 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey Keiki it could be worse you could have my job where i had a call yesterday where a guy thought his wireless router was built into his computer. was a good guy and admitted he didn't know anything about computers so i ended up having to tell him that he didn't have a wireless router built into his computer and he had to go get one from best buy
Old 09-01-2006, 11:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

i have you all beat........

and I quote "...oh snap, ?I guess the monitor needs to be turned on..."

I'm dead serious, i wanted to kill them......
Old 09-01-2006, 11:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

^^lol... reminds of one of those "urban legend" stories...(semi short version)

some1 calls in to the help desk"... my computer wont turn on..."
help desk (hd) " everything is plugged in? "
caller " i think so.. "
HD " think so?? can you check to make sure"
caller "i can try but i cant see, its dark"
HD "its dark? turn the lights on!?!"
caller " i cant, the whole building is w/o power"
HD " no power to your building??"
caller " yes"
HD " do you still have the box the computer came in ?"
caller " yes they just droped it off before the power went out"
HD " good, when the power comes on and you can see again, pack it up and return it,"
Caller " really? that bad huh? its broke, what do i tell them"
HD " that i'm to stupid to be able to use this.. "
*click*
Old 09-02-2006, 04:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

lol good one
today went to work at 5am went to seattle made four deliveries which is really small on my route leaft there around 10am got back to the plant around 11am came home and checked websites and then fell asleep till 6pm now i awake and ready to play some madden 07. and oh yeah enjoy my three day weekend like i always do lol
Old 09-22-2006, 12:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

must...... stay... concious... .. days like this make me wonder why i get up in the morning to go to work..... stupid bills... why cant the world function of good will and not charge for everything???

and damn it.. why is there no1 posting on the boards?????? aaarggghh.. at least give me something to read...
Old 09-22-2006, 12:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Justice League of America
SL Member

I'm hoping to be employed next week, so my posting extraveganza will die.... staying home sucks, but doesn't hurt the post count.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

you call this a posting extravaganza?? lol.. sad... unless your all up in the tC sections....
should check out page 109 in the threadjacking post in off-topic....now thats a posting extravaganza
Old 09-22-2006, 12:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

<<suddenly feels like that kid who graduated highschool and went back to the highschool functions to relive my glory days..
Old 09-22-2006, 12:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Off topic is for wimps... check out my post count sucka!

(Kidding)

Number 11! Number 10 by tomarrow probably!
Old 09-22-2006, 12:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I was going to say something earlier today as I saw Tim's little posting bar ratchet up over Tomas'.

Is there an end to the posting bar...one day Tim will open an Internet browser and it'll say "You have reached the end of SL."
Old 09-22-2006, 12:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

It'll turn to red tonight! that's the designation of top 10... I just post away, as I have nothing better to do...

Praying and hoping diligently for the new opportunity next week, and would love to get back to working...
Old 09-22-2006, 01:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Okay.. Here is your entertainment

Got up this morning, fixed the kid breakfast and sent her to school (bus style)

Showered with my "no scent" soap and headed up on the hill for a little late morning deer/elk hunting.

So I get on my screaming yellow 500cc Polaris sportsman and tear ___ over the hill, which just happens to be the road I live on.. A 4-mile long gravel road. I should have probably stated earlier that intelligence and Todd, are not exactly in the same category. So my Polaris will do a remarkable 60 miles an hour, and I’m a firm believer that if something is made to do something, I’m the man to do it to it.

So there I am, probably not exactly 60, but damn close and BAM, bug in the eye.. That’s okay, I’ve got two and with the amount of tears coming out of the bug infected eye I figure it’s either going to get washed out on its own or drowned at the very least. So I continue my trek up the road squinting like Popeye, cursing every bug that whizzes past me head.

As I near my parking spot, which is commonly referred to as “someone else’s property” or to law-enforcement “trespassing”, I see a chunk of gravel fly up off my back tire. I watch in amazement as it reaches its crest and slowly starts to descend back to earth. At this point, I realize that at my current speed and the rocks descent, we should reach the same point just up the road. It’s amazing when my mind is working out these tremendous mathematical calculations, that common sense some how takes a hiatus.

At this point the rock and myself had just about closed the intersect distance. This is the moment that my brain recognized that the intersect point could also be called the point of collision or impact point. So I go into evasive steering mode, this is basically a quick pop on the rear brake and a slight trajectory change and a shift in body weight into the slide direction. I know, sounds professional and all that.. hold tight

I should back up a little in my story. I’ve hunted off that Polaris for 5 years now and up until this year, I’ve rifle hunted. So the quad is set up for a rifle. This year I started bow hunting and the rifle rest on the quad does not accept a bow. So I am reduced to laying the bow across my lap and keeping a close eye on it so it doesn’t slide off.

Back to the story now. I always know things are going down hill when everything goes into slow motion. I don’t think my mind does this to give me more time to react, it does this so I am able to fully see the severity of the impact or damage that is about to happen.

So I imagine at this point we should probably see things from a by-standers point of view.

This moron tearing down the road, one eye shut tight and gushing tears like a 5 year old. All the sudden he looks up in the sky and a calm, peaceful look comes over his face. Just as rapidly as the calm happened, he went and steered his quad right across a ditch and through a large, old-growth blackberry patch. There was a road just up another 10 yards, he didn’t need to make a new trail, besides that; there are easier ways to make a trail through blackberries.

What the by-stander didn’t see, was when I went into my picture perfect slide, my bow also started to slide off my lap. This is generally the moment when you decide what is more expensive and or how badly you’re going to get hurt and how fast you can heal.

So the bow, being basically new and in the realm of things, VERY FLIPPING EXPENSIVE became my focus. I looked down and through one very clear eye and one very blurred eye, snatched my bow from certain damage and possibly ruining my hunting season. At this moment, I careened off the road.

Now the ditch was no big deal. In fact, truth be known, I probably cleared most of it. What I didn’t clear on the other side probably helped me in the fact that I clipped the other side of the ditch with my front wheels giving them the needed lift to make a almost perfect wheelie all the way through the patch. I say almost because, with one hand death gripping the handle bars and the other giving the bucking bronco wave with a bow in it probably didn't look all that perfect, but it worked. All this and not one thorn stuck me.

This is the moment that defines who we are. This is time when our reaction to what just happened will be forever burned in the memory off all who witnesses the act.

I pulled the bike over on the back side of those blackberries, popped the bike into neutral, shut it off, dismounted the quad bow in hand ready to hunt, turned to my newly blazed trail and nodded to it in approval. As if I were looking for new parking spot.

Quick Reply: 1 2 3.....