Regional - Pacific Northwest
ID, OR, WA

In all seriousness....

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 08:09 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Exclamation In all seriousness....

I need some help. I have been looking at these dents, scratches, and mismatching lines for longer then i can bare and i want to get them fixed. thing is, i don't know how much it would cost or where to get them fixed at. this is where you guys come in. i need a general estimate on how much you think it would cost to fix these things and where i should go to do it because I'm tire of looking at these ugly spots on my tC and i have no idea how to get started on fixing them.
here are a couple pictures of what "ugly spots" i am talking about:

first is a picture of a deep scratch exposing the bare metal on my trunk
Name:  IMGP0066.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  24.1 KB

second is a dent from a failed break-in attempt on my driver side door
Name:  IMGP0067.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  29.5 KB

third is the front bumper not lining up because the previous owner rebuilt the car wrong after it got in an accident with the first owner
Name:  IMGP0068.jpg
Size:  29.3 KB
Name:  IMGP0069.jpg
Size:  52.2 KB
Name:  IMGP0070.jpg
Size:  46.5 KB

so yeah i don't know what to do at this point. all i know is i want these spots looking brand new and that they never happened.
i would like to know:
1.) about how much would it cost to fix these
2.) where to go to get them fixed

i was also thinking, that while i am getting these fixed and probably repainted....should i completely repaint my car all BSP and get a red pinstripe down the natural lines down the side of the tC? i thought it would kinda look cool because i want to get my wheels fixed from the curbing and get them repainted all black with red lug nuts.
what do you think? in addition to these spots, should i completely repaint my car BSP and get a red pinstripe so i can go with a full black/red theme? or do i keep the theme i got now and just fix the spots?

any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 04-06-2011, 08:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
Scikotics
SL Member

the only way to really tell how much its going to be, is go to local shops and get estimates.

I would say at least 1000. I had a big dent pulled out and it was around 450-500.

no pinstripe in my opinion.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:03 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks jiggaman. yeah i figured i would be paying a lot to get these fixed. i was thinking about saving up for a good year or so and hopefully being able to fix these all for 2 grand or less.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
Scikotics
SL Member

the dents and scratches could definitely be done for less than 2k, but you would have to take the bumper cover off and do some inspecting as to why its not lining up correctly.

Like i said earlier, go get some estimates, some shops prices will have a huge range.

I got some work done this winter, and one shop wanted about 5k for everything, others wanted 3500, some wanted 4k. Some were in a legit auto body complex, some looked like they were run out of a trailer.

Do some word of mouth searching. Normally, the shops with the best reputations will take the best care of you. The shop that i ended up going to has lifetime guarantee on everything they touched, so that also might be something to consider.

my dumbass room mate took his to one of the ghetto places, got his trunk "repainted" and it almost looks ____tier than it was because of all the orange peel.

"you get what you pay for"
Old 04-06-2011, 09:33 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh okay that is good to know. that's why i posted this on here because i don't wanna go to a place like ur room mate did and end up being worse off then before.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:50 PM
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

If you can get to seattle (crown hill) next to ballard,

or call....

try phil's body shop, they guarantee everything......

phils body shop
ask for lonney
tell him Josh from carter sent you and he will take good care of you!
Old 04-06-2011, 09:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah i like shops with a lifetime warantee like phil's have on their website. I'm probably going to try Precision Collision tomorrow or Friday and get a free quote from those guys. i will be sure to check Phil's out though because i want to get the lowest quote possible w/o sacrificing quality
Old 04-06-2011, 10:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Body work is not cheap. I've had door dings fixed that cost $300, and thats getting the good guy, friends with the owner discount, lol.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:01 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh dang. maybe i need to do some sexual favors or something
Old 04-06-2011, 11:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by FuGativ3
oh dang. maybe i need to do some sexual favors or something
um... i worry about you people sometimes lol
Old 04-06-2011, 11:21 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ziggi
um... i worry about you people sometimes lol
its okay ziggi it was just a joke.

thanks anyway though mom!
Old 04-07-2011, 01:53 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I had my car dinged hard, keyed, and spray painted. I also had holes in my fenders from my old widebody. I got everything completely fixed, prepped, and painted, for $800 on a homie hook up(no door jams). It totaled to almost a $2000 job retail. He just quoted my friend $500 to repaint the outside of his accord(no door jams and no damage). Im not sure how far reaching I'd be able to extend the deal but I could ask for you when you have some cash saved. Just let me know.

I was REALLY skeptical because I got screwed badly before with "hook ups" but my car looks amazing... I just need to claybar it and wax it when we get some sunshine.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:08 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RUFiO_tC
I had my car dinged hard, keyed, and spray painted. I also had holes in my fenders from my old widebody. I got everything completely fixed, prepped, and painted, for $800 on a homie hook up(no door jams). It totaled to almost a $2000 job retail. He just quoted my friend $500 to repaint the outside of his accord(no door jams and no damage). Im not sure how far reaching I'd be able to extend the deal but I could ask for you when you have some cash saved. Just let me know.

I was REALLY skeptical because I got screwed badly before with "hook ups" but my car looks amazing... I just need to claybar it and wax it when we get some sunshine.
yeah that would be great man! depending on what Precision collision quotes me at on friday, i might hold you to that deal!
Old 04-07-2011, 04:31 PM
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Originally Posted by FuGativ3
yeah i like shops with a lifetime warantee like phil's have on their website. I'm probably going to try Precision Collision tomorrow or Friday and get a free quote from those guys. i will be sure to check Phil's out though because i want to get the lowest quote possible w/o sacrificing quality

.....I highly recommend phils body shop they has been painting my car for me and have done a great job.....had him do my roof, shave and paint my hood, paint my fff, and my mirrors......

...but really when you show up tell him I sent you, as not only have I given him buisness, but the dealership I work at sends a ton of work his way!
Old 04-07-2011, 07:01 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

does phil's do free quotes?
Old 04-07-2011, 07:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Try Lake Washington Technical College Auto Body Repair Shop. I got quoted for 2 doors painted for $250. Which is supplies and labor. They do a great job
Old 04-07-2011, 10:10 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BlueSleeper
Try Lake Washington Technical College Auto Body Repair Shop. I got quoted for 2 doors painted for $250. Which is supplies and labor. They do a great job
woah that is a really good price! idk if i want a couple college kids working on my car. they probably don't warranty anything either...
Old 04-07-2011, 11:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well you dont have alot of choices. They already have painted my grills and mirrors. Exact color match. 2 base coats and 2 clear coats. plus prep work. No offense but these college kids have better talent at painting. Better then some shops around here.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:48 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

okay okay i get your point lol. is their shop right on campus or what?
Old 04-07-2011, 11:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

sorry wasnt trying to be a dick. Yes, the shop is right on campus. They are very helpful all the estimates are done by the auto paint and body repair professor.