Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Regional - Pacific Northwest (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/regional-pacific-northwest-1625/)
-   -   CARLS JR!!!!!!!!!!! (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/regional-pacific-northwest-1625/carls-jr-74816/)

skullsandcandy 09-22-2006 10:09 PM

I've never seen a Sonic on 99 but there is a Burger Master down the street from me near the Oaktree Cinema. They don't have quite as extensive of a menu but its decent. Sonic has better chocolate malts imo.

NUBREED 09-22-2006 10:30 PM

WOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to order me a Super Star and some fried zucchini!!!!!

wombat 09-22-2006 10:39 PM

Boomer's in Bellingham is still a drive up burger joint. The taco place is right next door.

kkawana 09-22-2006 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by dieohd
I've never seen a Sonic on 99 but there is a Burger Master down the street from me near the Oaktree Cinema. They don't have quite as extensive of a menu but its decent. Sonic has better chocolate malts imo.

maybe thats it!?! i remember goin to the oak tree cinema's... and that was near by.... i dunno... but the old style drive-in food places are cool.... definately need to start hitting those more for M&Gs...instead of vacant parking lots in bfe

kkawana 09-22-2006 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by wombat
Boomer's in Bellingham is still a drive up burger joint. The taco place is right next door.

ahh.. see how long/well i paid attention then....lol..

dugzilla 09-22-2006 10:47 PM

burger master is right next to the oaktree cinema, I love carl's junior (six dollar burger, superstar) If they build one up north I'm doomed.

Importspeed 09-22-2006 11:05 PM

when i lived in idaho i would always go to carl's jr. there is two so far and there is also two sonics there also. that is in the boise area's. and oh yeah if you want white castle walgreens and walmarts sell them. plus my company delivers them to the walgreens.

ohcanada_00 09-22-2006 11:09 PM

Burgerville is still king in my book, though the closest one is Centraillia, but Carl's Jr. is prit near the best fast food ever....

On a similar note, when I lived in Rhode island from my office window I could see 4 Dunkin donuts.... It was a diease in RI. for every 1/3 of a sqaure mile of land there is 1 Dunkin Donuts in Rhode Island.

mattross 09-22-2006 11:12 PM

I guess us here in the 'Couve are spoiled. We have Carl's Jr, Del Taco, A&W w/ carhop, and The Weinerschnitzel.

magnetic 09-23-2006 01:07 AM

In & Out Burger is based in California, Arizona, and Nevada. They only have one meat-packing plant smack dab in the middle of California, so they don't plan on expanding outside of the state as they ship out freshly ground meat out of that one plant every day...they don't freeze their stuff, so it's always fresh and GOOD holy crap. Double-Double Animal Style, with Animal Style Fries, please. :love:

White Castle is east-coast. The microwave box of burgers with the White Castle logo on the front that you get at Walgreen's are as close to the real restaurant as we're gonna get.

skullsandcandy 09-23-2006 02:17 AM

I tried eating those microwave ones... it was a sad day.

Gsnorgathon 09-23-2006 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by kkawana

Originally Posted by dieohd

maybe thats it!?! i remember goin to the oak tree cinema's... and that was near by.... i dunno... but the old style drive-in food places are cool.... definately need to start hitting those more for M&Gs...instead of vacant parking lots in bfe

Yup, that's it. They've got a grilled crab & swiss on the menu. Plus some really sweet wheels pull in now and then. Guy in an immaculate white late '50s Caddy pulled in last time I was there. It was like watching a cruise ship dock.

OldYeller 09-23-2006 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by magnetic
In & Out Burger is based in California, Arizona, and Nevada. They only have one meat-packing plant smack dab in the middle of California, so they don't plan on expanding outside of the state as they ship out freshly ground meat out of that one plant every day...they don't freeze their stuff, so it's always fresh and GOOD holy crap. Double-Double Animal Style, with Animal Style Fries, please. :love:

White Castle is east-coast. The microwave box of burgers with the White Castle logo on the front that you get at Walgreen's are as close to the real restaurant as we're gonna get.

I N Out is privately owned. A little bit of a tragic family story envolved. The brothers took over when the dad died. One brother went down in the corporate jet with a bunch of other execs following a 747 too close. The other brother died of an overdose. The mom took over the business and just died at a very advanced age. It will be interesting to see what happens with the business. They expand at the rate of about 5-7 locations a year. You have two options on the menu--a hamburger or a double called a double double. A real success story--but will be interesting to see how they move forward.

https://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i...NOut830005.jpg]

singleshot 09-23-2006 03:38 AM

There is a in & out in Winston Oregon (home of the Wildlife Safari). ..

We SHOULD do a drive in before winter really takes over this year.... Matt, you say there is one there in couve?... Let's get it on...

mattross 09-23-2006 04:17 AM

Yeah A&W right off 205 and Sr500. Not to tough to get to.

zinker 09-23-2006 05:00 AM

carl's Jr. is the same as Hardee's that what I had ion IL carls bought it out

Macster 09-23-2006 06:42 AM

I went to Carls Jr today around 3:45pm. The place was PACKED.. took a good 30 minutes to get the order in and done... very much worth it. The western double bacon burger kicks all.

Burgerville?? Did they close the one on Aurora??

qrymson 09-23-2006 07:20 AM

dude the wife and i got there around 730 and it was still packed. i had my heart set on the double wetsern and guess what? no more onion rings. will try again about a month or so. :P

Macster 09-23-2006 03:17 PM

haha, i wonder if they expected this many people to show up :P

Macster 09-23-2006 03:25 PM

So i was poking around Carls Jr. website... I see that Seattle is listed as a "Hot Market" for Carls Jr now.... hmmm *smiles*

Also they don't even have CJ in Tacoma listed on the website yet