Do yo know or think

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 03:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Default Do yo know or think

Ok here is the situation.........car has 75000 miles........well maintained..........

when it has been running it runs perfect.......starts drives........milage......acceleration.......everything is fine...........

but go out in the moring and start and it will not start.......goto store and come out and it will not start.............

Battery and starter are under 6 months old........

fuel filter,fuel pump,coils are original to car...........

plugs and injectors are 40000 mile old

my thoughts are the fuel filter or fuel pump are wasted or a sensor.........has anyone here had this problem with a car at this age........

this is not my Scion.........but my work car..........and I need it to run as I drive 1200 miles a month with it and it is what makes our family money.......

I have a great mechanic that willlook at it on Tuesday.......but.........that cost money........so any directions I can give them via experiance is always a help...........
Old 04-26-2008, 04:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

why are you being so secretive about what kinda car this is?
Old 04-26-2008, 04:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just a guess but it sounds like the fuel pump or coil..
dang im trying to remember what rig it was we had that did about the same thing.and was the coil just whenever out of the blue if it didnt want to fire there you sat, hmmmm
gremlins gotta love em eh?

anyways GL brian..
Old 04-26-2008, 04:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Could it be K.illed I.n A.ction??
Old 04-26-2008, 04:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I say fuel pump. We had an s-10 blazer that did that. I hated that thing. It actually died the day we traded it in for our Matrix.
Old 04-26-2008, 04:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

CAr is a 2001 KIA........hate the car........but it has been agood car abnd well maintained......I had hoped to get to `100000 before tradein on a Yaris.......as the value is under $1500........never buying a KIA again just on trade in value..........car has ran fine to perfect for 7 years........and I meen perfect.......I just need to know of any off the head thoughts for what iti could be......I think it is fule filter and pum and or coils........and plugs.........it has started in one week and gone from annoying to does not start......

once started it runs perfect........no milage loss........no hiccops nothing........could be a sensor....but since I have no error codes........went to Auto zone tonight.......I do not have a base to start at.........very frustrating.....
Old 04-26-2008, 04:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

By the way you guys are great.......I am just looking for soem ideas based on the symptoms..............I hate mechanics......we had a convertable 5,0 and it died at intersections.........after $3800 in repairs.......it still died in intersections....the dealership did all the work.............car had 80000 on it..........nice car.........

a month after I told them hey here is the keys.........I have no more money..........have anice day they call me and say we found the problem.........a shorted wire.............the f=aprt I found funny is after they replaced the converter,wires,and a bunch more they refused to give me it back for hteir mistake..........

this is whey i feel a bit worried and am gong to my private mechanic..........even though they are human and can make mistakes they are very good.........
Old 04-26-2008, 07:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

so once you get it going. its good to go.... battery is not dead.... and dont need a jump?? how do you get it going??

i'd say short in the alternator.... thats what my jetta did to me causing(thank you vw) to get a scion... 6-7 trips to the dealership for them to get it to duplicate the trouble for me...

but if battery not dead...hmm
Old 04-26-2008, 04:29 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Starter selinoid?
Old 04-26-2008, 04:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Turns over perfect.....battery and starter are under 9 months old and both are working.......I hate the sensors they put on these cars these days........once they start to go It is a pain to find it.........

If I goto store and come back out it wilnot start.........turns over fine......just willnot start...........after a couple of minutes of this it fires right up.............then if you turn it off it will fire right up...........did this about 10 times in a row last night.........gotta go try this morning to see what it does..........when it is cold or hot it does the same thing.........must either be fuel or spark related or a sensor.........car runs perfect except for this.....weird.
Old 04-26-2008, 04:37 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

starter selinoid..should be like 10 bucks @ shucks...wait is that electronic ignition?
Old 04-26-2008, 04:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

pretty sure not starter as it is turning over fine.........just does not start.........and starter is new............if solenoid it would click like it did a year ago when I changed it out.......it could even be a timing problem but then I would think the idle and power woudl be off as well and it isn't.
Old 04-26-2008, 07:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Pull an injector out an try to start the car if it squirts fuel the your good on fuel delivery ( not fuel pump or filter). I think it's the fuel pump.
Old 04-26-2008, 08:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just push the car off the nearest cliff and tell your insurance it was stolen! voila! problem solved
Old 04-26-2008, 09:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

I kinda wonder if it is the fuel pump myself..........I finally got a CEL to come up but then it went away........it is going to mechanic on wednesday

If all else fails I will push it off a cliff lol..........

car jsut has to go for 12 more months then I get a new one.........so looks like a repair is in order...........