Notices
Regional - Pacific Northwest
ID, OR, WA

Five Axis lip kits

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 03:07 PM
SL Member

Default Five Axis lip kits

First, let me say hello from SW WA. Picking up my 09 Black Sand Pearl XD on Thursday.
Has anyone in the Portland/Vanc area had one of these kits installed on there XD? For some reason, these kits are supposed to be sold at Scion dealerships, yet I cant find any locals selling them. Any info would be appreciated. Any info on other kits would be appreciated as well. Thanks
Old 08-26-2008, 03:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Pscifun
SL Member

I don't know about the dealerships selling them.. but www.trdsparks.com just started carrying them and is selling them a lil bit cheaper then retail and I believe has freee shipping

congrats and welcome!!!!!
Old 08-26-2008, 03:30 PM
SL Member

I saw that website and I think I read a post from someone on here who works there. I'm trying to get my dealer to order a set and paint it for me, but I want to hear from someone whose done it and how it fit, and maybe see some pics. Thanks for the reply.
Old 08-26-2008, 04:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

All kits can be ordered through me at Beaverton Scion or Josh at Bellevue Scion
Old 08-26-2008, 04:14 PM
SL Member

Don't know how often you make it up to Bellevue but we have one of the FiveAxis xD's here at the store for a couple weeks that has the kit on it.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Roadking, welcome to the Life. I have seen the kit on the xD, very nice. I would check with Doug on this one, thought they were available thru any dealership, but I guess not.

Where abouts in SW Washington are you?
Old 08-26-2008, 07:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I have seen this kit too and it is a nice kit on the D - i know you can order it through dealerships so i would contact them.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:54 PM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

well afterall dealership son't always have the brightest of people that work there.

the kit should be available thru every dealership out there, though most times it will be special ordered. not necessarily a factory option, it was offered thru Scion's Optomize program...

so yea... the kit itself is really nice, and the fitment.. there's no questions asked about how great it is.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

SquallLHeart:

Honestly, as a Super Mod you really shouldn't be making statements like that. Many sponsors of this website are dealers.

It is a dealers choice to carry the product or not. For some, the product doesn't offer a profit margin that is acceptable to them and therefore do not carry it.

Shame on you!!!
Old 08-27-2008, 12:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

fitment on the Five axis kit is perfect for any of their kits.......

AS of I beleive last month any dealer ship can order for you.......Five AD became a parts vender to Scion at that time.......

Doug can get it......and will be gettign mine through him in the future soon as well for my tC....Doug rocks.......no not kising A$$.......LOL.....Doug Rocks.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:41 AM
SL Member

Well after talking with the dealership I'm buying from yesterday, he stated the kits weren't available. But he called me first thing this morning and said yes they are. I'd emailed him the link to Sparks Scion and he is ordering me a kit and honoring their price. Painted and installed for $1500. He has been looking for a kit for his XD as well, and I guess it sparked an interest since he has one and in the same color as the one I'm buying. Should be here in a week, then painted and installed, so maybe 2 weeks total.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:48 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by robbiej
Roadking, welcome to the Life. I have seen the kit on the xD, very nice. I would check with Doug on this one, thought they were available thru any dealership, but I guess not.

Born and raised in Longview,(RALong Lumberjack class of '87) but moved to Woodland last year. Going from a 2006 Tacoma double cab to an XD, quite the contrast in vehicles, but my kids go to school in Longview (MM high), so I needed to get a good MPG car. Looked at the XD and liked the sportiness and the economy, and the fact that their is a lot of following in the Scion line. My youngest is a freshman, and his sister is a senior with late arrival, so I am the taxi for another year antil he gets his license.
Old 08-27-2008, 04:02 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Welcome! And good choice!
Old 08-28-2008, 12:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I actually have the Five Axis lip kit on my TC. No dealership that i went to would get it for me. I had to go to the website and order it there with Paypal.
Old 08-28-2008, 02:52 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Roadking, where did you get your car from? Can't wait to see the car with the kit on. Also, nice to see a fellow alumni on here( class of `89) You'll have to make it to a meet and greet sometime.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

welcome roadking..
maybe see your ride around as im up that way alot.
if i spot an xD around you might just hear an airhorn..lol
get signed up for exposed! hurry!...
Old 08-28-2008, 09:38 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by skywalker98632
Roadking, where did you get your car from? Can't wait to see the car with the kit on. Also, nice to see a fellow alumni on here( class of `89) You'll have to make it to a meet and greet sometime.
Tonkin Scion in Portland. I can't wait to see the car myself, in the daylight that is. Took a test drive in one of the lava models, but decided it wasn't my cup of tea. Maybe 10 years ago. Personally I hate owning a black car in the PNW, but as small as these are I think I can keep up.

Yeah, on the Five Axis kits, if you are intersted, or anyone else, contact Steve Jewell in service there and he can hook you up for $1500 painted and installed.

It's a small world, go Lumberjacks! Maybe they'll win a few football games this year. I get sick of going to MM games, but since my daughters a cheerleader I kinda have to...... But I wear my RAL hat
Old 08-28-2008, 09:42 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by dibbz
welcome roadking..
maybe see your ride around as im up that way alot.
if i spot an xD around you might just hear an airhorn..lol
get signed up for exposed! hurry!...
Nice to see I'm not the oldest guy on here At least I'm one of the younger guys on my Harley forum.

Just look for the guy in the Black XD with groceries in the back......
Old 08-29-2008, 12:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RoadKing

Born and raised in Longview,(RALong Lumberjack class of '87) but moved to Woodland last year. Going from a 2006 Tacoma double cab to an XD, quite the contrast in vehicles, but my kids go to school in Longview (MM high), so I needed to get a good MPG car. Looked at the XD and liked the sportiness and the economy, and the fact that their is a lot of following in the Scion line. My youngest is a freshman, and his sister is a senior with late arrival, so I am the taxi for another year antil he gets his license.
Sweet, I've been in Kelso the last 8 yrs, before that Kalama, still work in Kalama, at the grain elevators for the State Dept of Agri.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:07 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by RoadKing

Sweet, I've been in Kelso the last 8 yrs, before that Kalama, still work in Kalama, at the grain elevators for the State Dept of Agri.
See I told you it's a small world, I'm at Kalama Chemical. Been there almost 18 years! Are you at the one next door to us, or down by the log home place?

Going to pick up the XD here in a bit. Kinda sad watchin the Tacoma go. Wished it got 30 mpg's.....

Quick Reply: Five Axis lip kits