Regional - Pacific Northwest
ID, OR, WA

Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 03:00 PM
5 Year Member

Default Help!!!

Hey guys
I went out on Sunday for a rally cross. It was extremely wet and muddy. During my second run all of a sudden lost power steering and all my accessories like my windshield wipers, heater, stereo, electric windows, and turn signals. the things that do work when it is on a jump will start, headlights work, tail light, dome lights, power locks.

We so far have checked all the fuses. All the Relays with a volt meter on the ohms setting. We did take the alternator out and had it bench tested the bench test said it was working. We put it back on the car the and jumped it and then put the volt meter on the alternator in the car and it still wasn't putting any power to the battery. We swapped the alternator with a friends one he has back up Still nothing. We have gone through all the connection and grounds nothing seems to be bad or disconnected. Kinda at a loss now.

The lights that are on the dash are the abs, tire pressure, steering, battery, and airbag. The check engine light is not on.

Going to get the obd2 reader tomorrow and see if it will tell me anything.

Any one willing to give me ideas or come down and help me out would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Last edited by flaisig; 04-17-2013 at 03:47 PM.