Just Towed My 1990 Caravan with the TCM xB

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 11:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

Default Just Towed My 1990 Caravan with the TCM xB

My father called, he's using our crapass Dodge Caravan and it pooped out on him, a half mile away from my home.

I have to say that the little tow bar you screw into the back of the xB is pretty nifty. The only complaint I had about the whole process was finding something similar to a flat headed screw driver to pop open the little piece in the bumper area. I had a box cutter and the blade worked just fine.

The xB pulled the heavy van without any problems, not that I was expecting any. I've towed plenty of big, heavy vehicles with smaller cars. Always seems to work out fine.

Anyhow, my father is going to get the van fixed. I really don't think it's worth it but whatever. I really want him to buy an xB as he has already been toying with the idea of doing so already or buying a small truck. I dropped him off at my husband's work so he can use the BSP xB while he's waiting for the van to get fixed (it doesn't go in until tomorrow and said it would be done Fri... so what, maybe Mon/Tues, lol). He is also thinking about running around tonight and tomorrow, to look for that truck and did mention he might just go get an xB. Ugh, he's so up in arms over what to do! When I drag him to the Tulalip M&G, be sure to talk him into the xB option!
Old 11-16-2006, 12:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Hey, my old xB is rumored to be coming back for sale at Puyallup soon, he can jump right in with a highly modded Scion!!!
Old 11-16-2006, 12:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

I was trying to sell him on that yellow xB that was reported to be for sale, used, but other than the love for the color, he wasn't too excited about buying a used one if it's close in price with a new one. I should go back to that thread and inquire more on it.

I don't know if he'd go for a highly modded one though? We'll see after the M&G.