ID, OR, WA

meetup.com/pnwscion ends on July 11th

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 10:31 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Default meetup.com/pnwscion ends on July 11th

So after half a year, the subscription is about to end. If anybody wants to take over please do. there are currently 253 members and some people only rely on this calendar to know where the meetups are held. i can not continue with this because i have payments that i have to take care of now for my bike.. if anybody wants to take over or if somebody finds a way they can continue this please do.
Old 07-05-2009, 12:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

honestly, do anybody go there anymore?
Old 07-05-2009, 01:34 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

dealership? region? Paging Josh & Victor!!!
Old 07-05-2009, 10:47 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Matthews_Lewis_Racing6226
honestly, do anybody go there anymore?
yeah i still know some ppl who rely on the calendar just to go to the meets.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:22 PM
SL Member

just pm'd you I might be interested in this
Old 07-11-2009, 02:32 AM

we will have to see if larry have's to work that day if not we will try to be there.
Old 07-11-2009, 02:38 AM
United Imports
Balliztik
SL Member

Originally Posted by scionfamliy1
we will have to see if larry have's to work that day if not we will try to be there.
Is this Danielle?....Sweetie this thread is not about a meet or anything it's for another website that m&g's are listed
Old 07-13-2009, 09:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You would be surprised the amount of people Meetup brings in we use it to promote other activities we are involved in and it does work, and has worked to bring attention to events and the reminders help make sure people show up.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:20 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Meetup.com is actually used by a number of Scion folks that do NOT use ScionLife.com. It would be very good for someone to pick up ownership of the PNW Scion calendar there.

In any case, regardless of outcome we should all thank David for rescuing it when the previous owners dropped it without notice.

Thank you, David!

Is anyone willing to step up now?
Old 07-16-2009, 04:38 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

once the timeframe expires for me to renew it (july 17th) i believe meetup.com will send out an open invite for all members to pick it up.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Tomas
In any case, regardless of outcome we should all thank david for rescuing it wheh the previous owners dropped it without notice.........................
That’s not a fair assessment of what happened. We would have gladly kept paying but we didn’t have any notice or idea of what was going to happen. No need to revisit the past.

Thank you David for providing a valuable service for the community.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:15 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The original change in the meetup sponsorship: https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=247685

Would really be nice if a Scion dealer or even regional would pick this up - it really is in support of Scion...

This has been a fixture here in the PNW region for quite a while, and it really would be a shame to lose it.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Life happened and our priorities changed “Abandoned” is such a negative term.

I do see how you may feel that way.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:36 PM
United Imports
Balliztik
SL Member

Originally Posted by MoScion
Life happened and our priorities changed “Abandoned” is such a negative term.

I do see how you may feel that way.
Well prior to David taking over this site Mo and CA paid for the site for a very long period of time with nobody offering to help them out and I don't blame them for not wanting that added expense...but thank you Mo, CA and David for stepping up for the community!
Also there is no reason to bring up old junk or pointing fingers and making others feel bad the whole point of this thread was that payment is due and hopefully someone will pick it up.
Mo...life does happen and you and CA have done a lot for this community and that is appriciated
Old 07-20-2009, 10:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I also don't appreciate the term "abandoned" after we spent thousands of hours and dollars on the community rather than our cars or ourselves over the years. We were active from 2005 through late 2008 but in early 2009 our lives changed and I decided the Scion Community was no longer a hobby that I could have in terms of time or money committment.

Instead I stepped back and worked hard at bringing up the most special little girl ever and the highlight of my life. Little Miss 'B' is 1 1/2 years old and on the move. We often can be found at area parks, playdates, swimming pools, and library storytimes. I'm glad that I have been able to spend so much time with her and enjoy they formative years of her youth as it feels like it is going by oh-so-fast. At this time Mo & I are doing very well. I currently run another non-profit and am working on finishing a business plan/securing financing for starting my own company.

If you so wish, I have the ability to take on another Meetup group for free and am willing to tag this one onto my account. The only thing is that I will be listed as organizer only in title but cannot oversee any of the maintenance, I will not set up events, and I will not moderate questions/concerns/or other group requests. Post up if you wish and Mo will let me know to add it to my account (would require DKfung to "step down" and for me to "step up" whereby he would be added as an asst org).

Thank you for your understanding and I hope to see those of you who will be at Kelly & Shawn's wedding!!!
Old 07-20-2009, 04:07 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

i just got an email from meetup.com saying i have 7 days to renew. i think after the 7 days, the invitation will be open to everybody
Old 07-20-2009, 06:49 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OK, let's quite taking the oh-so-polite pot shots. At no point in this thread was the word "abandoned" used other than by the folks complaining about it's use.

Six months ago when the continuance of the PNW Meetup pages first came up, the word WAS used because there was no advance discussion or notice that the Meetup pages were not going to be continued until all existing information on the site was no longer displayed, and Meetup sent all members automated notice that in two weeks the PNW Meetup pages would disappear forever.

I linked to the original thread to allow folks to verify if they wished what had originally happened, after being publicly scolded for saying the PNW meetup pages had previously been dropped without notice from the folks running it.

The link to the original thread also provided the pricing. Back at that time I believe most of the folks who used Meetup thought it was a "free" site and did not even know that someone was paying for it's use. We do now.

If we can move on and have someone pick up the responsibility for the PNW Meetup pages, that would be nice. No drama, no complaints, no scolding.

CoreyAnn, if you can pick up support of the PNW Scion Meetup pages at no additional cost to you by adding them to those you continued to maintain, I'm sure the community would welcome that kind offer. It is purely up to you if you wish to do that.

Let the community know, though, so they know if they have to keep looking for someone to sponsor the PNW Scion Meetup pages.

Again, thanks to ALL of the folks who have kept the PNW Scion Meetup pages going. Thank you CoreyAnn and Mo for starting them up and supporting them, and to David for keeping them running when it was needed.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You know we love you Tomas!
Old 07-20-2009, 07:15 PM
SL Member

Once again, I would not mind picking this up, I personaly can afford it and think it is a great place to comunicate what is going on, it also allows the comunity to post up various events that are coming and include several people. I have been trying to figure out how to sign up for this but really have no clue. I am not sure what goes into maitaining it but am sure I could figure it out.

One main point that I want to make is that I have no intention of promoting my dealership on this site, I understand that it is for the comunity and should always stay that way.

Corey Anne so nice to see you are doing well, and I really want to say to you that you and Mo did an amazing job with the comunity and your involvement will always be remembered. Never think for one moment that I will not remember how this comunity was inriched by you. And no I do not believe that this is being "Abanded" either, it is a great outlet for everyone and should be maintainted.

Once again I am interested in picking it up but do not know how to go about doing it.

Victor
Old 07-20-2009, 07:26 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Victor, drop a note to David (Dkfung8 and I'm sure he can get the transfer to you all taken care of very quickly. He's the one in charge! :D

Tom

Quick Reply: meetup.com/pnwscion ends on July 11th