Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 01:33 PM
5 Year Member

Mine are green
Old 10-03-2012, 04:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ha hah I should've clarified. I meant to ask what color is your tC?

Well at the last 45 minutes of my 12 hour work day today, I was called into the office and was let go from work. Although I had intentions of leaving once I found a job on the island, I didn't expect to be laid off on my birthday. I turned 33 today. I know this is a blessing in disguise as this will be my push to be more aggressive in job hunting. But I have a heavy feeling in my chest due to the unknown. Like, will I find a job quickly? How about my new born son's medical needs? Luckily I received severance pay and my company paid for my medical until the end of November.

The good side to this is now I know how soon I can move and also get to meet the folks of the Island Scion crew.

PS. Please can someone give me a lead on how to view jobs on the island and where I can find information about the C.O.L.A. if there is one for the island? Thank you.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jarvasdb1

Well at the last 45 minutes of my 12 hour work day today, I was called into the office and was let go from work. Although I had intentions of leaving once I found a job on the island, I didn't expect to be laid off on my birthday. I turned 33 today. I know this is a blessing in disguise as this will be my push to be more aggressive in job hunting. But I have a heavy feeling in my chest due to the unknown. Like, will I find a job quickly? How about my new born son's medical needs? Luckily I received severance pay and my company paid for my medical until the end of November.

The good side to this is now I know how soon I can move and also get to meet the folks of the Island Scion crew.

PS. Please can someone give me a lead on how to view jobs on the island and where I can find information about the C.O.L.A. if there is one for the island? Thank you.
PM'ing u

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-03-2012, 05:22 PM
5 Year Member

"Cost Of Living Allowence" that's what its refered to in the military lol...not sure what referring to. oh and my tC2 is black/lime green lol
Old 10-04-2012, 01:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah I was referring to the Cost Of Living Allowance. I just heard it from my wife's aunt who lives on the island. But her husband is retired Navy also. I was going for the cement color but ended getting the Super White since that was the only manual tC in the Phoenix area at the time.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So I received a call about trying to set up an interview for a part time seasonal position at the NEX however they only wanted to do in person interviews. So the wife and I talked about it and are doing what's necessary for me to get there. I should find out next week if we get approved for the apartment we're applying for. If that's a go the so will I within 2 weeks if all goes well. I'm excited but will be missing the wife and kids very much. Especially the newborn who I always look for first thing when waking up. I hope getting local will help me get a job on the island. Especially the NEX.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well we will be waiting for your arrival. Best of luck to you for the interview.

Old 10-14-2012, 04:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thank you. Its gonna be a lil rough. I know all Navy personnel who have families always have to leave them behind for duty. But I think that's going to be the toughest thing is leaving my newborn behind even if its only a month and a half compared to your guys' six to eight months.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ya it can be tough for those who have children. They make it through though as will you and your family.

Old 10-14-2012, 07:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

So I'll be moving to Oak Harbor-ish area once I get offered a job. I was wondering if it's really necessary to have studded snow tires for the area. I'm worried because for one I've never touched or driven through snow. I'm originally from San Jose Ca. and have been living in AZ for the past 8 years. Any advice to a snow newbie?
Where do you live now?
My job is looking for people that are enthusiastic to learn and a hard worker.
It is aerospace machinist job.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

He is still down in Arizona

Old 10-15-2012, 03:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dustin is correct. I'm currently in Glendale Arizona. Hmmm that sounds interesting Soul Reaper. I have worked on numerous industries and backgrounds and am always willing to learn new things. I want to live life not just survive it. That's why I stay hungry. Can you tell me more about the job?

Just counting down the days. Getting serious about packing. Can't forget the He-Man collection.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey Soul-Reaper, Can you give me anymore information about the job or jobs you're talking about?

Everything is almost packed up. Getting the truck on Saturday and starting the drive on Monday with my brother. I should have everything unloaded into the apartment by Friday. Excited and scared at the same time. This isn't the first time I've picked up and moved. But, there's always a risk involved. I hope this works out for the best.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:35 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sweet a fellow tC2 and on S-Techs. What color is yours? I look forward to being on the island and meeting the Island Scions crew.
Pm'd
Old 10-19-2012, 12:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hmm, PM box has no message from you.
Old 10-27-2012, 01:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm officially on the island but am working on getting settled in. Hope to meet some scion locals soon. My car needs a rinse bad. All that road crap from four states takes a toll on the car.
Old 10-27-2012, 01:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There is a cruise this Sunday if you're up to it, details in PNW section under Boxes for Boobies
Old 10-27-2012, 01:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Welcome to WA as well
Old 10-27-2012, 04:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Welcome to Washington. Currently in Fallon on a detachment with my command but ill be back on the 9th. Ill hit you up then. Also be sure to check out IslandScions.com which is our own forum and links to our facebook page. Talk to u soon.

Old 10-28-2012, 04:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

See you then Dustin.

Hey Sdsny??? Where are people from the island meeting up before the cruise. I have to check out a property in Marysville at noon though.