Regional - Pacific Northwest
ID, OR, WA

Pacific Northwest owners CHECK-IN!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 02:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My name is Stan Donogh. I have a 2006 light blue metallic 2006 Scion TC. I have put 56,000 miles on it. I live in Lynnwood WA. I am 61 years old and interested in a club like the PNW Porsche or Corvette club. We need to find 5 dedicated Scion owners who want to start a club. I work at ACE Hardware in Crossroads, Bellevue. My hobbies are my volunteer work, my 2006 Boxter, my families, my 16 year old daughter. 5 of us should meet at Michaels Toyota and talk. I started the Corvette Club of Hawaii when I was 20 with a 1968 Corvette Convertable. By 1970 we had 125 cars. I joined the PNW Covette Club in 1973. I joined the Porsche club in 1975 and the Ferrari Club in 1980 so I have a little experience.You can call me at 425-263-0204. Stan Donogh
Old 01-05-2010, 04:28 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

^Well there is a Seattle M&G coming up next friday! If you are game, its predominately the tC meet, and Seattle's finest (Scions)!!!!!
Old 01-05-2010, 03:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Anyone, I would like to go to the TC meet on Friday. I can't got to the one on Saturday because I have to work. So if someone can tell me where the meet is on Friday I will be there. I drive a 2006 Scion TC in light blue metallic with smoke tail and headlights and a rear spoiler. I am interested in getting a club together so we can rent SIR, afford a standby ambulance and race for a full day. In the Porsche Club we walk the whole track to get the line and require real helmets, some motorcycle helmets qualify. We can also meet for day and night dinners and have picnics at lake parks, drive to Mnt. Rainier or Crystal Mnt. like the Saab club does or meet At BCC like the Volkswagon, BMW, or Audi club does. We can have a Concourse D'elegance to see whose car is the cleanest or meet at the marina in Kirkland to see whose car has the most equipment. By the time you get to 50 cars or more it becomes a real social event. Stan Donogh
Old 01-06-2010, 01:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

KACHOW! plagiarism rules!

click on the red text below....

Second Friday - Tacoma, WA
Where: Tacoma Place Parking Lot
(w/ Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Starbucks, Applebees, etc.)
1929 S 72nd St.
Tacoma, WA 98408
Time: 8 pm

Its technically in the furniture factory direct parking lot near the same adress. so i provided the adress to that in the link above.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Stan, welcome to the Life, hope you enjoy your stay.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by dibbz
welcome jenny
hmmmm i see a hello kitty theme xD in the near future..
Ha! I can see that too! I think it would be cute
Old 01-10-2010, 07:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Don't think I've posted this up yet, so here goes..
Name: Ashley
Alias: Ziggi
Ride: '07 Azure Blue TC
Mods: Tein S-Tech Springs, few other odd's & ends
Jobs: Inside sales rep. for electrical company
Wanna know anything else..just ask
Old 01-10-2010, 03:46 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

^like the user name , was my nickname all throughout school
Old 01-10-2010, 10:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Smile

It would be nice if the PNW Scion owners were a little more organized. It seems to me that Seattle, Tacoma. Eastside and Everett south ought to be all one club and meet at a central point. It would be nice to get articles for an on or off line newsletter. It would be nice to have 4 days a year at SIR. Everyone could pay that day for the rental of the track and an ambulance. It would be nice to have autocross in Tacoma at Salishan or Ocean Shores. There many fun things you can do as a bigger club. Stan
Old 01-11-2010, 12:43 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

^we've tried before and it fails, there is the slush run in the beginning of the year in multiple locations, and as far as running on Pacific raceways...when push comes to shove I don't think that there would be enough interest to people willing to pay like $90 ea for a few hours. Everyone just kinda likes to hang out and work on modding the cars.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm not trying to talk down to anyone, I'm just trying to talk positive the value of a Scion to me after owning 63 cars(maybe 7 at a time). I have been through 17 Porsches, 7 Corvettes, 4 Ferrari, 4 Rabbits, 3 Scirroco, 2 BMW's, 2 Jags, 1 DeThomaso, 1 Lotus, 2 Audi's, and several other cars like a Chevy Monza with a 350. I just think after all my time I can tell you that the Scion TC is worth owning. I just want more from the factory. I would pay 30K for a TC ready to race but it must come from the factory. At 20 I was at Armed Forces Raceway Park in Hawaii with my Corvette wishing I had a 914 6 but they were too expensive at 3 times the price.
Some say they would like to go racing in their TC, are other to afraid? Sometimes it the most non factory modified cars that do the worst. Sometimes all that money gets you only 1/2 second. How about a scion TC to the drags, that is cheap? You find out how great your car is truly at that the track. It's like taking racer education in your Corvette today, you learn that the car has much higher limits than you thought. It's all in fun and worth the money I'm into sway bars and springs and struts and brakes too but the box must say TRD on it. If the Mangusta didn't say forb on it I never would have bought it. Am I more clear? I just would like to be in the Scion club not the Porsche club because it has more possibilities. Stan
Old 01-11-2010, 01:53 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

http://www.trdsparks.com/index.php

^good place to start on parts
Old 01-11-2010, 02:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There is a Silver Scion TC for sale at Rodland Toyota for $25950. I think you can getiti for $23950. Plus 10% tax and License is not cheap. It doesn't even have leather or 21 inch Racing Hart wheels on it.... Why would you put all these mods on your cars and be afraid to race it, what are we going to doing, 145 at best on the straight stretch? Not to dangerous to me and whos trying to prove what anyway? Turns one and two are fast but the chicane is pretty slow. The rest of the turns are up to your confidence. Win on Sunday, sell on Monday is pretty old, but I think it could apply to Scion TC's. Stan
Old 01-11-2010, 02:17 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

$26k for a tc before taxes!!!!!....Maybe with bad credit and all options from the stealership...I don't think anyone is afraid to race their cars, I just don't think many are interested (not to say that there aren't those that are), especially those w/ all the fancy gadgets, do-hickeys, and whatchamacallits. Also our cars are computer limited around 127mph if I am correct.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ haha it cracks me up whenever someone says stealership! so true LOL
Old 01-11-2010, 03:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

As far a the mommy and daddy part, that was a quote from someone who said his parents would not buy him a TC with 250HP like a 1987 to 1989 944 Turbo. For those who don't know it was a 4 banger too. And a non S had 278HP. If Scion had a Turbo charged TC I would buy it yesterday. It would be so much more practical and well built than the Boxter I would trade in. For the doubter about the $25,000 TC,it exists. It has everything on it except the supercharger, TRD brakes and leather.When I priced one out new the way I wanted it,it did come to $30,000, but I want a turbo ot a super charger from the factory with a warrantee. Sorry about the 127 mph limiter but my Audi had a 155 limiter and that was fixable. With all the things you guys can do, you must be able to get around that. Even at 127 the track would be fun AND safer. Autocross always an option too. It takes morer brains to race than car so it is not up to your Scion it's up to you. Stan
Old 01-11-2010, 03:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by swdonogh
As far a the mommy and daddy part, that was a quote from someone who said his parents would not buy him a TC with 250HP like a 1987 to 1989 944 Turbo. For those who don't know it was a 4 banger too. And a non S had 278HP. If Scion had a Turbo charged TC I would buy it yesterday. It would be so much more practical and well built than the Boxter I would trade in. For the doubter about the $25,000 TC,it exists. It has everything on it except the supercharger, TRD brakes and leather.When I priced one out new the way I wanted it,it did come to $30,000, but I want a turbo ot a super charger from the factory with a warrantee. Sorry about the 127 mph limiter but my Audi had a 155 limiter and that was fixable. With all the things you guys can do, you must be able to get around that. Even at 127 the track would be fun AND safer. Autocross always an option too. It takes morer brains to race than car so it is not up to your Scion it's up to you. Stan

I'm not sure if anyone else is getting the same vibe about you Stan that I am, but every message you post seems very condescending. It might be the way you communicate with others but I'm just giving you my opinion cause I feel like you are being very disrespectful to myself and others. I understand you have been in the car scene for years and have had lots of experiences with cars, but you should consider that other people on here are the same exact way, but don't brag about it constantly like you do. I've only had 1 car that I've ever owned that is my tC, and I am a very fortunate person to be able to say that my loving parents bought me my car as a graduation present. I don't have any shame in saying that, but as far as that goes, I've bought almost every single part on my car, except for gifts that were given to me for my car.

I pride myself on having a turbocharged tC, and I'm glad they didn't come out with a turbo'd version of the tC because it allows me to be unique, and faster than most N/A tc's.

As for the warranty part of it, keep in mind that most after market car part companies do warranty there parts as well, just like TRD.

I hope my message doesn't come across the wrong way and make you mad at me, but everyone on here is very welcoming, and I look forward to you joining the Northwest Scion scene!

Last edited by dodaddy; 01-11-2010 at 04:02 AM.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by swdonogh
a lot of us are avid race fans, we love a lot of varied types
of racing and study a lot of techniques and apply them
on and off the track.

chicane, apex, hairpin, etc are not voodoo words here.

there is a level of decorum involved in making
a presence, show up to a meet let us see you as a person
and we will go from there.

i would like to pick your brain about some of the cars you have owned.

Last edited by alienvictim; 01-11-2010 at 05:31 AM.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm not trying to ____ off anybody. I just want the Scion to be more than it currently is. Your scion will still be special because you did it yourself. I put a 350 in a 74 chevy monza cause the 305 was a joke. It was a small rear drive car that became very quick. I did it myself so I respect yours. I just would not do it again. Get into the eastside, there are many older people in Scions. I'm sure there alot of people out there that would want an organized scion club like me, you just have to find them. Just put entry forms at every Scion dealer or service dept. Only thing is they might want something to do. The Porsche club has M&G too, but they have other things that don't interest everyone. Ever read a Spiel or a Panorama. It is just what you want: specs and techs. You could write an article about your car. Stan
Old 01-11-2010, 03:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

PNW clubs:
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/regional-pacific-northwest-1625/pnw-clubs-info-thread-54517/

meet and greets:
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/regional-pacific-northwest-1625/regional-meet-greets-now-quarterly-schedule-54487/

Quick Reply: Pacific Northwest owners CHECK-IN!