ID, OR, WA

SCAA plea......

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 10:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Hey if Tim's dad wants to come I will pay his way, give him a ride and buy him and his family a round of drinks. I would say shine his shoes but I am not worthy.
Old 09-30-2006, 09:26 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I pm'd Kekai at SE but you can mark Fish and Tracy down in the 'WILL BE THERE' column.
Old 09-30-2006, 04:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

wooOOOTT
Old 09-30-2006, 04:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey fish you gonna be sportin your pimpin grill?
Old 10-02-2006, 08:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

So once again I hate to be the doomsayer and naybob of the group, but if we dont hit 100 people, there may not be any interest from the dealerships in doing this again next year.

If you know anyone, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE call them and beg them. We need support on this or else it just wont happen next year and I would hate for that to happen!
Old 10-02-2006, 08:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Justice League of America
SL Member

I'll talk to the pops/mom today... that'd be one / maybe two more.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

oh.. and since i've gotten a few "what are the SCAAs" throwin my way...

they are the Scion Community Acheivement Awards.... recognizing dealerships and peoples contributions to the Scion owners and enthusiasts... be it cool mods, events for us to attend, or just a cool person to hang out with....

yeah its a formal thing (just cuz its fun sometimes), but $15 gets ya dinner, chance for some freebies (even if your not nominated for a catagory) and fun time all around with fellow owners/enthusiasts...
Old 10-03-2006, 08:37 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know it doesn't get you another warm body, Dustin, but since the published price was $30 when I paid up back on 08-11, I don't expect a "refund" for the difference.

C'mon, folks, lets get behind this event - it is by and for our local Scion community, and these guys and gals putting it together are working their butts off to make it happen.

Step up.

Let Dustin or Kekai know you'll be there.

YOUR cost is cheap ($15 each) even though it is costing a lot more than that to put this on.

I don't want to see a lot of empty seats this year.

Please?

Tomas

P.S. I think they have more people driving up all the way from SW Washington and even Oregon than are just coming across the bridge from Kitsap or down from King and Shohomish. Sad. What happened to the community spirit, eh?

T
Old 10-03-2006, 03:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

^ Thanks tomas.... we appriciate all the help we can get.

I just dont know where all the support for this event went. If we dont get 100 people, we'll pretty much have the impossible chore of convincing the dealerships its worth putting thier money into next year. which means we'll have to self finance the project which we just can't afford to do.

It IS a shame there are only 2 people coming from Kitsap as of right now. I can think of at least 6-10 active member of the community out there that for whatever reason, dont want to go. Phil and Lee, thanks for your contributions we really appriciate it. Maybe you could convince a few others on Wednesday to come.

Currently with the CORP and dealership folks counted, we are sitting at around 84 people. that means we only need 16 more. I'm not sure whatever else we could do? We made Saturday 100% free, we've offered up free rooms, we slashed ticket prices in half, added more give aways, created bigger and better auction baskets, and are holding it at a KILLER location, let people pay at the door, (which, more often than not, in my mind is a nice way to say you're not coming).....

I've worried so much about this that I am sick as a dog right now, I still have a ton of work left to do and am really rather frustraed by this all. Tell me what to do, and I'll do it.

To all those who already made the commitment, thank you!
Old 10-04-2006, 03:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Old 10-04-2006, 03:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Justice League of America
SL Member

Working on one more....
Old 10-04-2006, 03:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I honestly wish I had more to give to this event. I have asked friends with scions to go and they all said no. So it's up to everyone else to get your friends to this event. 16 people is an easy target to achieve.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am still waiting to find out next week's schedule.. I really want to go I just have to request off a few weeks in advance and by that time it was too late. (And I'm surprised more people from Kitsap aren't coming, too {I used to live there}.. and not to mention closer than that.. it's not like it's far or you have to pay for a ferry; if I can make it, I'm coming from Oak Harbor. I either take a ferry and go down that way, which is nearly 3 hours for me, or go the other way around which is actually a bit shorter.)

In any case, I will know next week's schedule on Thursday.. I hope that wouldn't be too late to buy a ticket. I know I work the 9th, 10th, and 11th.. I have the 12th and 13th off for a Roger Waters concert.. and don't know about Saturday. My guess is they will schedule me this Sunday (8th) AND next Saturday (14th) because I won't be in the department the 9th-13th. But again, I'll know for sure on Thursday. *crosses fingers* Tryin' guys, tryin'.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:47 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i didnt want to post a sob story, but unfortunately i got one. Just as i was going to get back into a bunch of events, my father-in-law got really sick. He was diagnosed with Guillen Barre Syndrome (basically bloodcells attack the nerves, and he cant feel anything). They dont know what causes it, but he had to have a full plasma transfusion, and now is undergoing rehab in spokane (thats why i've been over that direction). As he was starting to get better, i thoguht id be able to hit up the SCAAs this year, however my wife's relatives from NY are out visiting that (this) weekend, and we havent seent them for a few years anyway. So there is the medium of it. I really wanted to go this year, but its just not in the cards.
Hopefully ill be able to catch a few more events before it starts to snow. Best of luck.
Old 10-04-2006, 04:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

CLAphoto.... yes you can still buy at the door.... just post up if your coming or not so we know

Ostego.... dude...sorry to hear . hope your dad gets better. on the flip side...drag the parents over to this side for the weekend and come to the SCAAs...lol... j/k sorta.... but again.. hope dad is getin better
Old 10-04-2006, 05:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Kindi will be payin at the door for her and her mom for sure

Come on guys I am even prolly gonna donate a few extra dollars to cover some of what the tickets should be I personally no how much the LIBERTY THEATRE cost my wedding was gonna be there till I found out the PRICE TAG.
Old 10-05-2006, 05:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

So I got the monthly on-call schedule for work today. Guess who got selected for being on-call this weekend? F*CK now I feel bad.

I'm going to try and make it, it's going to be a rough ride with the way things have been going at the sites I service. I really don't want to interrupt festivities at the dinner with my phone vibrating every 5 minutes and me stepping out as such.

Dustin, I'll shoot you a PM here in a bit.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Lee... one word... TRADE!!!...or another BRIBE!!!
Old 10-05-2006, 06:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I already used my "get out of work weekend free" card last week to entertain my girlfriend when she was visiting.

I really need to make photocopies of those cards.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

^^hence the other word... BRIBE!!! lol

<< thinking people are seriously tryin to kill dustin.... with.. "yeah i'm coming... oh snap.. rain check.. gotta watch drifting..." or.... " yeah i'm coming.. oh wait.. i just got a new job and they scheduled me to work..." or " yeah i'm coming..... oh... damn... sorry... i was in a roll over accident and they're still looking for my face..." i mean.. really... its been on the calender for months people... plan your rolll over accidents well in advance or after the 8th..... damn.. no respect i tell you

Quick Reply: SCAA plea......