Notices
Regional - Pacific Northwest
ID, OR, WA

Speedzone in Lakewood.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 11:29 PM
5 Year Member

Default Speedzone in Lakewood.....

Anyone use these guys? I may not go back, here is why.

I tell the guy I want 20% tint on my windows, he says no, you want 15% to match the back. I ask to see a sample and he wont do it. I say to him, everyone says 20% man, he says to me, I know what I am doing, I do this for a living. Fine whatever you think is best I tell him.

I get the car back and it is like night and day difference. The front is twice as dark as the stock tint on the rear. Some clown, who does not even work there starts arguing with me on how it looks and says it is right. We go back and forth for almost 30 minutes. By this time, I am getting hot!!!

Finally the owner tells him to go away and says to me, if we do the 20%, there is not going back. I agree, and what do you know, the 20% looks like the rear tint.

There should of been no reason for me to argue with this dude, yes the owner took care of it, and I know it probably cost him money, but when your rep tells me no, on what I want, and it is not right, it is not my fault if I wanted it the way I want it, I am paying, I should be happy.

Am I wrong on this?
Old 07-02-2011, 02:30 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

You are absolutely right.

Actually i recently found this new shop in Lacey, they tinit ANY car for $150. The only thing is since this location is new for their shop they only have 15% and 30%. I recently tinted my 5.0 there and it came out really nice and i paid $148 including taxes !
Old 07-02-2011, 07:42 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

you are completely right man. its that guys loss if you walk away. not urs. because you are the paying customer, you should get it the way you want it. not what he wants. i say find a better place to get it done at next time. I know a couple places up north up in everett that do outstanding work if ur ever interested in getting ur windows tinted again.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I too have a guy in the Puyallup area, Friend of a friend, reasonable price for full tint, has large selection of % and product has a lifetime warranty. I've taken my car to him, my gf's car to him, my friends at my work have taken THEIR cars to him... Great guy and awesome work.
Old 07-02-2011, 07:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

The guys at Speedzone did a great job on my tint,no problems,did what I wanted.....my guess is yo got an idiot.....remember it is a turnaround business and employees go in and out monthly......
Old 07-03-2011, 02:11 AM
5 Year Member

Like I said, the owner treated me fairly, it was the douche that was hanging around the shop. I think the owner should of intervene a little earlier, and not let it go on so long. My girlfriend needs her windows tinted, I had planned on going to Foss in Tacoma, but our schedules conflicted. I might take her car there for her tint.