ID, OR, WA

VTR Food drive challenge

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 02:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BZinn1
I know no one was pointing fingers but if you read how it all reads it is feeling like the pressure is on to give more to everyone or a shame on them feel to it.........it is ok to come in last......it is ok not to give......it is ok to just feel glad that some were able to give and that be enough.......

We as a group came in last and by a long margin.......but that is ok because there will be families out there that will receive that food and be able to feed their children and families......that in itsself is a great thing.....it is sad that more was not donated and more families could of been helped.

As for the food bank that was robbed.......I have to say I for one am very suspicious,someone would of had to roll up in a Uhaul truck in the middle of the night and loaded up thousands of lbs of food......every year we hear of a food bank being robbed and then the public donates record amounts of food to them......after seeing it year after year it makes you wonder........

I am just tired and stressed out and griping.......sorry......not my usual self this week......personal reasons.
dude griping is a stress release. at least you didn't buy an ak-47 and mow down a crowd of people, or something equally insane.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:47 PM
United Imports
Balliztik
SL Member

Originally Posted by alienvictim

anyone could have donated at anytime the bin was in the store? so what the hell people???

but what does it take to get some people moving? the promise of trophies?
the need to gloat or show off their new turbo kits? and stupid paint jobs? but cant seem to show up to donate for a community you like to be in, but are more than happy to show up and act like a bunch of superior overzealous douche-bags.

but i guess for some its ok to look on when people are sick, hungry, and in need?

so if you read this, and you feel like this applies to you negatively. what is your excuse???
REALLY?!?! Who are you to judge? Just because people don't donate in a manner that gives off bragging rights does not mean they do not donate...FYI I regularly donate to my LOCAL food bank that at one time I needed them so I give back to them that is MY choice, I also donate a lot of money to childrens hospital....I would rather see children happy and healthy!! Now maybe you should check yourself and word things differently or maybe keep your opinions to yourself because you have NO CLUE what people are doing just because our lives keep us from attending an event don't assume we aren't doing anything for others!!
Old 11-25-2009, 12:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I actually think he was not pointing fingers at anyone. And everyone is free to donate, or not, as they wish. for example my wife and I sponsor a family each year, that my work supplies to us, supplying a tree, and all the food and presents for Christmas. As well as donating to other food banks, and charities all year long. And NO I'm not bragging.

But this was a car club based event, a friendly compitition to see who could donate the most and in turn get the food bank the largest TOTAL amount of food donations as a result. It turned out well, but the scion community as a whole could have looked better.

As far as the compitition went we got our asses handed to us. I'm sure ALL the other clubs that were involved, have or had members that also donate elsewhere, or not at all. BUT that didn't stop them as a club or community, from donating 10 times as much as the scion community did.

There is needy people and well off people in ALL different car groups I am sure. To me it's just that I'm almost sure that if some sort of prize or car parts were offered to the person that brought in the most food a lot more people would have donated. Maybe I'm wrong.
But I also feel that if this was a Car show, a lot of people would have somehow found the money for that "one last thing" that they wanted for their cars. Maybe I'm wrong. I actually hope so.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^THANK YOU MIKE!!!

Originally Posted by XBLOVE
REALLY?!?! Who are you to judge?
im me!!!

Just because people don't donate in a manner that gives off bragging rights does not mean they do not donate...
what bragging rights?? i personally wanted people just to donate not just show up. thats why i said the bins wer available at any time in between the first event and the last delivery? so yeah......

FYI I regularly donate to my LOCAL food bank that at one time I needed them so I give back to them that is MY choice, I also donate a lot of money to childrens hospital....I would rather see children happy and healthy!!
good for you, im glad you are a conscientious person capable of figuring out that giving is good.

Now maybe you should check yourself and word things differently or maybe keep your opinions to yourself because you have NO CLUE what people are doing just because our lives keep us from attending an event don't assume we aren't doing anything for others!!
no offense lady but if your bothered about it than that's too bad, my feelings about people needing to be fed are mine and well just because you dont like that its also too bad. really really too bad....

also i don't care what other people are doing in their personal lives, and again...for the hearing impaired i said that i beleived that people who could help should.... so i dont know what you are freaking out about.

if you helped out elswhere great for you, than that comment didn't apply to you. but whatever im not going to go chisel this out into a wall so people can see it better.

and frankly if you feel that i assumed you personally as a human have done nothing for anyone..... i cant find a quote or a refference from me to you or mike anywhere in this thread. i dont know what to tell you but if you want dig it up and find that soul crushing comment towards you i'll be more than happy to apologize.

by the way i love the pink.

have a good night and thanks for donating to the children!!.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:56 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

and with that....