Notices
Regional - Pacific Northwest
ID, OR, WA

Why a Scion?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 05:15 PM

Default Why a Scion?

Hey guys,
My name is Tito and I'm new on this board. I picked this forum because I'm interested in getting a Scion as its coming to Canada in September 2010 (from Vancouver BC). The brand seems a bit different than the usual Honda, Ford, or any other generic brand. My needs for a new car are simple, it needs to have 4 doors and be fairly roomy. I would like to be economical before being performance-based.....I have a Gsxr 750 racebike, so I get my rocks off on her. I don't want the car to look like every other car, something slightly different or even trendy is valued to me.

So my question is, for what reasons did you choose your Scion? Please specify why you chose your particular model and what purpose does it serve. Also, if you guys have any advice for me, it would be appreciated

Thanks guys
Tito
Old 03-07-2010, 05:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

well first off i and other scion owners pretty much love our scions they stand out from everyone else and you can do so much to them to make them unique. When i seen my tc sitting at the dealership the first thing i said was i gots to have it and well the next day it was mine LOL i love my tc and i dont think i could ever get rid of it unless something extremely cool pops up and i got to have that ride.

If u are looking for a four door scion with some room then go for the xB or if you are looking for more of the sporty 4 door look try the xD

So good luck and enjoy
Old 03-07-2010, 06:10 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tito_gsx
I don't want the car to look like every other car, something slightly different or even trendy is valued to me.
There's your answer.
Throw in an incredible community of fellow owners, uber affordable mods, and one of the most reliable vehicles out there.

Good luck on your quest.... I'm sure you won't be disappointed if you go Scion.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

xB.... Got room, drives awesome, looks awesome, IS AWESOME!!!!! I know that you said your bike takes care of your excitment need's, BUT the SCION is AWESOME at fulfilling that as well. I love them so much that one was'nt enough, HAD TO BUY TWO xB'S. PS. a great bunch of people also.... FUN
Old 03-07-2010, 07:05 PM
SL Member

its coming in september? sweet
Old 03-07-2010, 07:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

I think the Canadians will be very happy with Scion coming to them.....I also think we will be happy here in the states,take the Vitz in Canada......they get so many more differant options,body kits,interior upgrades,stuff we cannot get here.......now imagine they do that for the Scion line up there......

If you are wanting a 4 door,my suggestion is the xB,it is very roomy,drives well,looks great.......the xD is also a great 4 door,just depends on what you wnat to do with the car.......

You will get Toyota reliablilty in a Scion......they are great cars,I am sure in no time a Scion scene will erupt in Canada and that will be really cool.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BZinn1
I think the Canadians will be very happy with If you are wanting a 4 door,my suggestion is the xB,it is very roomy,drives well,looks great.......the xD is also a great 4 door,just depends on what you wnat to do with the car.......

You will get Toyota reliablilty in a Scion......they are great cars,I am sure in no time a Scion scene will erupt in Canada and that will be really cool.
I completely agree here. Toyota's are an amazing line of car to begin with, add to that the unique styling of the various Scion cars, and couple that with the enthusiasm for the brand and your set. I have had two xB's so far, my first xB was an '06. Alas some D____ Bag T-boned me and totaled it out. Now I have my '08 and I love it even more. When I was in a band I could actually fit 2/3 of all the equipment in my car! SO!!! The fact that you are interested in a scion is enough of a reason to get one. The question IS... what one do you want?
Old 03-08-2010, 03:09 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

You wont be sorry. Especailly with the mods you can leave the dealership with! Wonder if you guys are going to be getting the special editions up there?
Old 03-08-2010, 05:03 AM

Thanks for the comments guys, the XB is probably my best bet like some of you said. I'm still getting used to the looks...maybe its because we dont get many Scions up north here. But I guess that is part of the uniqueness.

Too bad Toyota didn't name this the XB, I like this styling.

In terms of mods, do you think Scion is on par with the likes of Honda in terms of cost and availability?
Old 03-08-2010, 04:35 PM
SL Member

Thanks for the comments guys, the XB is probably my best bet like some of you said. I'm still getting used to the looks...maybe its because we dont get many Scions up north here. But I guess that is part of the uniqueness.

In terms of mods, do you think Scion is on par with the likes of Honda in terms of cost and availability?
Scion parts have just recently become available
Before I would have to ask for toyota echo parts lol, and the guys at the parts counters would look at me like im an idiot if i said scion xb
there is a vancouver scion club, but they haven't had any meets lately so I don't know if they still do that
Old 03-08-2010, 06:14 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Scion = new Honda. Parts a little more spendy but not too noticeable. Not a whole heck of a lot made or the 2nd gen xB but as soon as the economy gets a little better it should pick up!
Old 03-09-2010, 04:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

I wouldnt be surprised if the xB in Canada looked like that.The Yaris(Vitz) up there is totally differant than the US model,you guys get a cross between the JDM cars and the Euro market cars when it comes to body parts on Toyotas.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:24 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

You would be happy rock solid vehicles with great resale value at the time of resale
Old 03-09-2010, 04:34 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

My needs were pretty unique. My wife has a motorized wheelchair and I didn't want to have to drive a van. The only two non-van conversions available were a Honda Element and a 1gen xB. The Element was $40k with the ramp, the xB was $26k.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:53 PM

Thank again for comments, I don't imagine I'll mod my car too much. Scion being a relative newcomer means less parts but less generic look.

btw, any of you guys know about scion pages in Twitter or Facebook?
Old 03-09-2010, 06:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think everyone here has pretty much hit the nail on the head with why scions are awesome, I've had a few tCs and got to play with an xB for a few months once upon a time and if you aren't going to scion for how easy it is to customize it then you should go to it for how reliable it is. My favorite, and I mean FAVORITE thing about this company is the owner loyalty. Once you buy a scion you join some sort of family it seems and because I own a scion I've been invited to go to sweet shows backstage, had fun on dinner cruises, gone to baseball games, and had all kinds of fun at god knows how many events that Scion puts on free of charge just because you got a scion. I'm a very happy owner and plan to stay that way for god knows how long.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:28 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

My tC is for sale but I'm in Louisiana.. $11k
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=181783

I want an Acura TSX, reason I'm selling.

I would definitely purchase another Toyota product again.. this car has been wonderful.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah... he's in Canada looking to buy a 4 door.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i bought mine after a lot of research, for value in its class at the time it
was dead on. it had a great stance and excellent frame look. and i saw a
lot of potential for me to destroy its resale value.

not to mention its safety features.

i take pride in making my car as much myself as it can get. and much to
the chagrin of the people with really no sense of self who can only look on
and judge.

but people will be people. if you like the way the cars look than get one, if
your into features these come with an insane amount of out the door options.

and frankly i cant wait to see what type of canada only options they will have.

i like my car, the way it looks, and the way it performs even if it is just a stock
engine tc. i will invest in making it more than it was ever intended because of
these small factors.

anyways my 2 cents
Old 03-10-2010, 05:36 PM

great comments guys....already this forum outclasses many of the other import car forums I'm on

Quick Reply: Why a Scion?