Notices
Regional - Pacific Northwest
ID, OR, WA

Win an 09 xB! Regionwide Scion Event March 13-15!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 02:30 AM

I hope this will help. I got this in an email from burion Toyota today..

Kenny

JOIN US FOR A WEEKEND OF GUITARS!

WHAT: Scion Guitar Game Fest (“Promotion”)
WHEN: The Promotion begins on March 13, 2009 at 9:00 a.m. Pacific Standard Time ("PST") and ends on March 15, 2009 at 5:00 p.m. PST (the "Promotion Period").

How to Enter: During the Promotion Period and during regular store hours, visit Burien Toyota Scion dealership located at 15025 1 St Ave S, Burien Wa 98148.
Enter the dealership and locate the promotional video gaming station. You will be presented with the opportunity to register for the Promotion.
Fully complete and sign (parent/legal guardian must sign if you are under eighteen (18) years of age) a Statement of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (“Release”) and review the rules of play.
Complete, sign and submit the Release, including your first and last name, phone number, state of residence, email address and zip code.
Upon completing, signing and submitting the Release, you will be eligible to play a song of your choice from the Guitar Hero® World Tour video game.
Complete the song and register the score you received ("Score") to receive one (1) entry into the Contest.
If you are eighteen (18) years old or older at time of entry, you will also receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry.
Registrants who are eligible may choose to enter the Sweepstakes only and opt out of the Contest and Offer components of the Promotion by declining participation in the video game play.
Limit: There is no limit on the number of times you can play the game and record a Score, so long as the plays are not consecutive.
Regardless, you may receive only one (1) Sweepstakes entry upon registration during the Promotion Period.
Guitar Hero® World Tour is a registered trademark of Activision. Activision does not sponsor, endorse or approve the use of its products in connection with this promotion.

8. Prizes:
a) Sweepstakes: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: A 2009 Scion xB. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $17,370. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received from all dealerships combined during the Promotion Period.
b) Contest: FIRST PRIZE (one (1) prize per participating dealership): A 42 inch Visio 1080P LCD HDTV. ARV: $799.99
SECOND PRIZE (one (1) prize per participating dealership): A DELL Inspirion 1525 Laptop. ARV: $598.
THIRD PRIZES (one (1) prize per participating dealership): A 32 GB iPod® Touch. ARV: $399.

ANY QUESTIONS CONTACT: KELLY STEWART, SCION GURU AT 206-243-0700

NO PURCHASE OR TEST DRIVE NECESSARY. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF AK, ID, MT, OR AND WA. MUST BE 13 YEARS AND OLDER TO BE ELIGIBLE TO WIN THE FIRST - THIRD PRIZES. MUST BE 18 OR OLDER TO BE ELIGILBE TO WIN THE GRAND PRIZE 2009 SCION xB. VOID OUTSIDE STATES LISTED AND WHERE PROHIBITED. Enter by : 03/15/09 at 4:45pm PST at a participating dealership. Entrants must be present to win First, Second and Third Prizes. For Official Rules, which govern, including prize descriptions and odds disclosure, visit www.nwscionevents.com or burien toyota. Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. - Portland.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WA

Your privacy is important to us. If you no longer want to receive these emails, click Here
Alternatively you may send a written request to the address above.

{some minor format edits --Tomas}
Old 02-26-2009, 02:53 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here's the Details from Scion

WHAT: Scion Guitar Game Fest (“Promotion”)
WHEN: The Promotion begins on March 13, 2009 at 9:00 a.m. Pacific Standard Time ("PST") and ends on March 15, 2009 at 5:00 p.m. PST (the "Promotion Period").

How to Enter: During the Promotion Period and during regular store hours, visit any participating scion dealership.
Enter the dealership and locate the promotional video gaming station. You will be presented with the opportunity to register for the Promotion.
Fully complete and sign (parent/legal guardian must sign if you are under eighteen (1 years of age) a Statement of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (“Release”) and review the rules of play.
Complete, sign and submit the Release, including your first and last name, phone number, state of residence, email address and zip code.
Upon completing, signing and submitting the Release, you will be eligible to play a song of your choice from the Guitar Hero® World Tour video game.
Complete the song and register the score you received ("Score") to receive one (1) entry into the Contest.
If you are eighteen (1 years old or older at time of entry, you will also receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry.
Registrants who are eligible may choose to enter the Sweepstakes only and opt out of the Contest and Offer components of the Promotion by declining participation in the video game play.
Limit: There is no limit on the number of times you can play the game and record a Score, so long as the plays are not consecutive.
Regardless, you may receive only one (1) Sweepstakes entry upon registration during the Promotion Period.
Guitar Hero® World Tour is a registered trademark of Activision. Activision does not sponsor, endorse or approve the use of its products in connection with this promotion.

8. Prizes:
a) Sweepstakes: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: A 2009 Scion xB. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $17,370. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received from all dealerships combined during the Promotion Period.
b) Contest: FIRST PRIZE (one (1) prize per participating dealership): A 42 inch Visio 1080P LCD HDTV. ARV: $799.99
SECOND PRIZE (one (1) prize per participating dealership): A DELL Inspirion 1525 Laptop. ARV: $598.
THIRD PRIZES (one (1) prize per participating dealership): A 32 GB iPod® Touch. ARV: $399.

ANY QUESTIONS CONTACT: KELLY STEWART, SCION GURU AT 206-243-0700

NO PURCHASE OR TEST DRIVE NECESSARY. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF AK, ID, MT, OR AND WA. MUST BE 13 YEARS AND OLDER TO BE ELIGIBLE TO WIN THE FIRST - THIRD PRIZES. MUST BE 18 OR OLDER TO BE ELIGILBE TO WIN THE GRAND PRIZE 2009 SCION xB. VOID OUTSIDE STATES LISTED AND WHERE PROHIBITED. Enter by : 03/15/09 at 4:45pm PST at a participating dealership. Entrants must be present to win First, Second and Third Prizes. For Official Rules, which govern, including prize descriptions and odds disclosure, visit www.nwscionevents.com or burien toyota. Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. - Portland.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:04 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Uh...

Hmmmmmm...
Old 02-26-2009, 03:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats what he said, lol.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
MN Scions

Just discovered:

You can play ANY song on ANY LEVEL (doesn't have to be expert level)! That is good news for those of us who are not rock stars!

If you guys are on any other forums, please post about this event. The more the merrier, and with 57 stores participating, there are plenty of opportunities for people to win prizes. It is open to all, not just Scion owners, so lets tell everybody at Yaris World, and the Puget Sound Toyota owners club, and maybe WATTORA, and the Honda forums. Any gaming forums too...
Old 02-27-2009, 01:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

We just got all this figured out! Should be fun!!!
Old 03-01-2009, 03:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Tomas
Somebody put my name in for the drawing along with Mike's. :D I've never even handled one of the game controllers, so me competing in something like that would have to be an indicator of some sort of insanity...

(If I win an xB2, maybe someone would trade me a real xB for it?)

^^ x2
Old 03-03-2009, 06:34 PM

Foothills is in!!!

Anybody gonna be in the area?
Old 03-03-2009, 07:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by foxyboxylady
Foothills is in!!!

Since I missed the big event up there, I'll have to try and cut loose some time, and make it up your way. it will be hard as I'm very busy with work right now, But I'll make an effort.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OK, quick ?, are all dealerships involved in this, or just the ones who want to be? Was wondering because I've gotten no info from Hannah about this, just a letter saying that they want me to "trade in the car that I bought from them". too late, already gone, lol.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
MN Scions

Not all dealerships are involved, but there are only a few that declined. As always, some stores will participate more than others.

The best I can suggest is to call your local store and ask. If they don't know anything about it, chances are they either aren't participating or aren't making a big deal out of it. When you call, ask to speak to the Scion Champion.

I know I am a long drive for you Rob, but you are always welcome to come down here. We are gonna set it up in the warehouse, and we are going to give away a nice prize of our own!
Old 03-03-2009, 08:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh, we are going to come see you this weekend, just thought I'd throw my name in the hat there too, lol.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:09 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Foothills is in!!!

Your screen name is right! I will sadly be deployed. I was mad when they moved it back a week. But I am gonna have someone drag my wife up to a dealer to register me!
Old 03-09-2009, 10:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just got an email from Matt at Wilder Auto, and it says we have to play a song on Expert.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
MN Scions

That rule has changed. It can be any song played at any level. But, from what I understand, you get better scores at the higher levels.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

hmm ... does anyone know if medford is doing this
Old 03-09-2009, 11:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh, good lol...now to practice
Old 03-12-2009, 12:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

No..No....YOU have to play on expert......the rest of us will be able to choose...
Old 03-12-2009, 05:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 03-12-2009, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by highvoltage1
Foothills is in!!!

Your screen name is right! I will sadly be deployed. I was mad when they moved it back a week. But I am gonna have someone drag my wife up to a dealer to register me!
Ha thanks. Hope the deployment goes well and someone gets your wife up here to enter for you!

Quick Reply: Win an 09 xB! Regionwide Scion Event March 13-15!