Notices
Regional - Pacific South CA, NV

Scion Center Cap

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 04:42 AM

Default Scion Center Cap

Hai,

I've had my scion tC for a long while now. I got it in the summer of its introduction in '04. I had it customized at the dealership, a factor I'm now regretting. Anyways I had 18" ADR GT sports rims placed on it, and all 4 came with center caps. One of em is missing, probably stolen.

Do you guys know any place is SoCal that sells replacements?

I'm not that mechanically inclined, but hope you guys don't mind answering a few extra questions.

The bolt that was holding the center cap is now rusting. I was told center caps actually increase the chance of rust/corrosion due to the fact that it hold more moisture in. Does it really matter if I get this center cap replaced? Is the rust anything to worry bout?

Thnx in advance
Old 04-24-2008, 06:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Evolution

For the replacement center cap, try ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ADR-B...spagenameZWD1V

I see your point on the rusting/moisture retension, but I don't know how avoid it. Some ("heavy duty"?) grease maybe?
Old 04-24-2008, 07:13 AM

I was trying to get in contact with the ADR manufacturer to see if those ebay center caps would fit, but no response as of yet.

It seems the rust is inevitable, but would rust in that area (where the center cap was) of any concern? Can it damage the car in any way?
Old 04-24-2008, 03:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Evolution

Can you post some pics? It shouldn't be too much of a concern. Let's see how bad it is.