Notices
Regional - Pacific South CA, NV

SCREW North Hollywood Toyota/Scion!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 10:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default SCREW North Hollywood Toyota/Scion!

Alright, as many of you know I recently got a new xD (well, last month)
I was cleaning it yesterday, and I had GREAT suspicion it's been in an accident. When we originally got it, they said it wasn't in a SINGLE accident. Agreeing to it, we pay'd about 16k for the car itself w/ the warranty and all. A week ago my mom and her boss go over there to discuss some of the problems with the maintenance plan. Turns out the damn thing STARTED when the prev. owner bought the car in 07. So we canceled that. So thats strike 1, on the lie. I was washing it yesterday, and found wilting of the paint on the hatch, side skirts, front bumper, and spots on the hood, as well as a DULL AS FLIP rear bumper. I clay bar and wax the entire thing, and once I finish I might as well see if there really was anything wrong with the xD. I took out the owners manual, to find that a key had to be reordered. I take out the tool kit, and find that the spare tire WASNT EVEN SCREWED DOWN, and later realizes its blown TWO tires from the owners manual. I also found out the o/o was a smoker, and used the side drawer thing on the driver side as a ash tray, and it had some type of radar detector because of the 2 holes it left. So then, I took off the front and rear bumpers to see what it's really hiding. BOTH of the bumper supports were replaced, as well as the radiator support. STRIKE 2. I go onto carfax.com and run the VIN, and they come up with FIVE reports against it! WTF! So thats when we decided to go ahead and go to Longo Toyota/Scion today to see how much it would be to just trade it in for a new one. It would lose 4,000. So needless to say, we have to keep it.

In a button, North Hollywood Toyota/Scion screwed us over by saying this xD has NEVER been in an accident, when it's been in five.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Crap dude. You have the absolute worst luck with Scions. Too bad you can't work it out with the dealer. You should do some research next time before buying a used car.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Uhm, you should be able to go after the dealership for providing false information about the vehicle. I would seriously take a look in to seeing what legal action can be taken seeing as how they lied about it not being in an accident.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ro_Ja
Crap dude. You have the absolute worst luck with Scions.
your telling me.
right now idk if my mom or i will take action against it.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

all dealerships should provide you with a car fax if you requested, but what im thinking the previous owner didn't not disclose about the accidents to get more ..

as far for the tire that some what your fault for not checking during the "delivery" im sure you were happy and just wanted to leave but keep in mind a car isn't sold until you drive off the lot.

but like everyone else is saying go after them they sold a car they shouldn't have.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

yeah i would print out the carfax report and take it to show them, and if theres nothing they do, get a lawyer
Old 02-23-2009, 11:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

CarFax reports are NOT always legit!

Because my G/F just recently bought a Used Car from a Dealership cuz usually its a little better to buy a used car from a dealership (what I thought at the time) BUT I thought I did a GOOD examination of the Used Car she was grtting it looked good to me!..it had a CarFax Report saying NO accidents or Incidents..I was like Good Deal..!!

After picking up the car I was detailing it and saw that the cars paint felt weird to the touch...On closer examination I noticed it was Repainted...WTF!...and that I dont even know if the car has a ClearCoat on it either!..I was like WTF!....They did such a GOOD RePaint job I couldnt tell till I actually cleaned it well!...this was after everything was Signed & Done.

So i don't think CarFax Reports are that reliable at all!
Old 02-23-2009, 11:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

^yep, incidents are only reported when people go through their insurance, when you fix a car out of your own pocket, only you will know!

i wouldnt really trust carfax 100%
Old 02-23-2009, 11:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I thought CarFax relies on either the car owner, insurance company, the police agency of the area to report, or at least in the file that's made with the VIN of the vehicle to keep accurate records of the car.

If the person didn't have insurance, didn't file a police report then how would CarFax know? If I'm wrong and thats not how CarFax gets their information, enlighten me
Old 02-23-2009, 11:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I really hope carfax is wrong on this one. I mean, 5 reports in 2 years is ridiculous
Old 02-23-2009, 11:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's possible :?
Old 02-24-2009, 12:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by chicotunner07
^yep, incidents are only reported when people go through their insurance, when you fix a car out of your own pocket, only you will know!

i wouldn't really trust carfax 100%
yup, carfax only shows incidents that are reported and documented. luckily, when i bought my Camry used, the owner told me about a small accident that it was in. he even showed me pics. yet on the carfax report, it showed 0 accidents.

tctctc, hopefully your mom can get everything straightened out. It sucks when you know you got ripped off. especially when it deals with your car.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sounds like this qualifies as a lemon and a possible lemon lawsuit. First check if they will refund what you paid for it. If not, take it directly to corporate. My family had a similiar situation with a Honda Oddy (corp call if our tranny was ok *from previous owner*). But yea, you have a lemon. Get a lawyer
Old 02-24-2009, 02:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by teabox
Sounds like this qualifies as a lemon and a possible lemon lawsuit. First check if they will refund what you paid for it. If not, take it directly to corporate. My family had a similiar situation with a Honda Oddy (corp call if our tranny was ok *from previous owner*). But yea, you have a lemon. Get a lawyer
x2, couldn't of said it better myself.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's bull. Take it to the dealer & tell them what's up. If they do nothing, get a lawyer & tell them you're going to put them on blast on every single Toyota/Scion/Lexus forum to make sure they don't get anymore business.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey, that's where I got my car...

Sux & you should pursue legal action.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:06 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i work at a dealer and we make sure all of our u/c's cars are legit, i would get a lawyer
Old 02-24-2009, 09:14 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Carfax will report any official events:

Opened repair order at the dealer
Accident
etc

A found item doesn't mean it's an accident. It means the vehicle went to a place that files an official report for the work that is done. If you pay to check, it'll show what actually was done.

PM me your VIN. I'll check if those were just dealer maintenance items showing on the carfax. I'll see if I can get someone to run it for you also. We provide the Carfax for our used inventory...
Old 02-24-2009, 09:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by xravexboix
Carfax will report any official events:

Opened repair order at the dealer
Accident
etc

A found item doesn't mean it's an accident. It means the vehicle went to a place that files an official report for the work that is done. If you pay to check, it'll show what actually was done.

PM me your VIN. I'll check if those were just dealer maintenance items showing on the carfax. I'll see if I can get someone to run it for you also. We provide the Carfax for our used inventory...

x2

make sure you actually pay for the carfax and it will tell you detailed info. some of those reports can be service work,accidents, registration renewals or that the car is offered for sale at a certain lot. How do i know? i sell toyota/scions and suzuki's.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

how long have you owned the car???? California has some of the best lemon laws that protect the consumer.....i would seriouly look into it

Quick Reply: SCREW North Hollywood Toyota/Scion!