Notices
Regional - Pacific South CA, NV

STAPLES MEET *Second & Fourth Thursday of the Month*

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2004, 01:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I'll trade you a set of IV ACE decals for the side glass for the pads and the air filter is free because a new sponsor I have from Service Center Supply gave me them. On the Subaru, the labor alone is 12 hours and the heads can be done in the car, it's just tight. Once the intake is off. it doesn't look so bad (but it is). I can't do that kind of work at my house because I don't have a garage but I can get you whatever info you need if someone wants to do it on the side. And I can get the heads checked at a good price.
Jason
Old 08-30-2004, 05:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Scion Evolution

Hey Jason,

The first meet will take place on the 18th of next month. Check the calendar for more details. Feel free to spread the word.

Ron
Old 08-31-2004, 06:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Ron, I will definitely tell everyone and Eric over at Sierra Paint and Auto body said that He can do that water effect for $60 totalto your engine cover.
Old 09-04-2004, 06:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Hey Kevin, Check brakesrus.com for those slotted rotors. We'll have to meet up some time for those brake pads and air filter.
Jason
Old 09-06-2004, 07:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Is the mini-meet this Thursday still on, at that Staples parking lot? I might take a drive on down, depending on what time I get off work and what's going on with the extra-curricular activities with the kids...Oh hell, who am I kidding...I might be able to make something like that on a weekend...lol...
Old 09-07-2004, 05:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Of course it is, and I can't wait to see your Scion. When I was coming home from the fair tonight I was surrounded by three and I was in the Suburban
Old 09-08-2004, 01:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Got some directions to Staples at 19242 Soledad Canyon Road fr my house:

126 east - 5 south - exit at Magic Mtn Parkway - left onto Valencia Blvd - Valencia Blvd becomes Soledad Canyon - total distance about 30 miles.

But, the last time I went down the 5, I think the Magic Mtn Pkway exit was closed. Just in case, is there another exit I can take that's open, that will get me there?
Old 09-09-2004, 01:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by socalxb

126 east - 5 south - exit at Magic Mtn Parkway - left onto Valencia Blvd - Valencia Blvd becomes Soledad Canyon - total distance about 30 miles.

But, the last time I went down the 5, I think the Magic Mtn Pkway exit was closed. Just in case, is there another exit I can take that's open, that will get me there?
Saw on another thread that there's also a meet planned for this Sunday, at the Route 66 Grill off Soledad Canyon Road? The directions from that thread said I could exit at Valencia, and bypass Magic Mountain Parkway. Guess I'll find out tonight which one is better...
Old 09-09-2004, 02:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Yes, Valencia is the best way to go because it turns into Soledad. You would of turned onto Valencia anyway from Magic Mountain Parkway. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner cause I'm packing up to move about a 100 yards away. Bigger yard and all. See you there.
Old 09-09-2004, 03:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Saw on another thread that there's also a meet planned for this Sunday, at the Route 66 Grill off Soledad Canyon Road? The directions from that thread said I could exit at Valencia, and bypass Magic Mountain Parkway. Guess I'll find out tonight which one is better...
If you're coming south on the 5 from the 126 the Valencia Blvd exit is best. Head east. You'll go past McBean Parkway, San Fernado Road, Saugus Speedway (RIP), wind around a bit, go over a bridge, and finally get to Whites Canyon Road. Go through the Whites Canyon intersection and make a right into the parking lot right next to the Blockbuster Video. We meet behind Blockbuster, in front of Staples.

The Sunday meet has virtually the same instructions, just keep going on Soledad for a few blocks and you'll see Route 66 on your right. 9:00AM for that one.

George
Old 09-09-2004, 11:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Scion Evolution

What? It's Thursday already? Where has the time gone? I should be there a little after 7:00PM.

Don't forget to park under the other set of lights.
Old 09-10-2004, 05:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Photos!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lyle2357/album?.dir=/90e0

Had a great time with y'all. See you Sunday!
Old 09-10-2004, 04:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

great pics, george :D it was great just hooking up, unwinding & checking out the rides.
jason, I will call you re: engine cover as soon as I decide which design I would like to have done; & also my gauge area ron nice seeing you, konbanwa. chris, I didn't see you there; I would like to talk to you re: your magnaflows :D I like. well hope to see you guy's & gal's later, I'm going to head down to darkside motoring & get some info re: air rides bentobox
Old 09-14-2004, 08:22 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah Sorry for not being there My Wife and I went out of town for a few days. But we can hook up and talk about the Magna-Flow No Prob. So how was everyone elses weekend.
Old 09-15-2004, 11:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Scion Evolution

Hey Guys!

Still interested in going to Autobac's on Sunday morning? They open at 11:00am. I'm thinking maybe we can hook up at Route 66 at 10:00am or even have breakfest and then head down there. What do you guys think?
Old 09-16-2004, 12:24 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

what's Autobac's and where? maybe
Old 09-16-2004, 01:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by evelasc0
what's Autobac's and where? maybe
Autobac's is a well known automotive shop in Japan and just so happens there's a shop near Knott's Berry Farm in Stanton. http://www.autobacsusa.com/

I have to head down there and at our last meet some talked of having a run down there. I'm just checking if anyone still wants to go.
Old 09-16-2004, 02:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I have to be back up at griffith park at 1pm so how about 9am like the Sunday meet? Then I can get some eggs and orange juice before the trip. Doesn't it take about an hour and a half to get there? Let me know, the computer's working again so I'm back.
Old 09-16-2004, 07:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by scvscions
I have to be back up at griffith park at 1pm so how about 9am like the Sunday meet? Then I can get some eggs and orange juice before the trip. Doesn't it take about an hour and a half to get there? Let me know, the computer's working again so I'm back.
Which ever is best for everyone? Any time is fine for me. I just wanted to get there when they open at 11:00am. And, it only takes an hour or less to get there.
Old 09-22-2004, 02:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Scion Evolution

Hey Chris, Dino and Jason,

I found you know what at you know where. Located at Ozborne & Laurel Canyon. Not many choices to choose from but they have about 2 dozen left.

Good Luck!

Quick Reply: STAPLES MEET *Second & Fourth Thursday of the Month*